Capella Vanilla Custard V1 vs V2

I am ordering some more Vanilla Custard. I try to stay away from flavors with all the warnings on them. Is there a difference in V1 and V2 that will affect certain recipes? Do you have to alter the percentages if using one or the other?

Thanks!

1 Like

Iā€™ve only used FW VC but looking at the numbers from this site people are averaging 1% lower with Capella Vanilla Custard V2 than with V1. It does use a different flavor molecule (most likely extremely diluted butyric acid if Iā€™m not mistaken) so the flavor profile is different. Digging thru the ratings, some people prefer it, some people think itā€™s horrible, and some love them both. Thatā€™s probably not very helpful, sorry! :confounded:

5 Likes

the butytric acid sometimes taste like vomitā€¦

4 Likes

To me the difference with v1 and v2 is quite big. I can immediately taste if v2 was used. It has a certain ā€¦qualityā€¦ as @quitter1 mentions ;D

6 Likes

Yeah, thereā€™s a huge difference to me. I only used the v2 once, and that was enough. Although, now that Iā€™m a little more experienced, I might revisit it. I tend to shy away from butyric acid (companiesā€™ no-diketone ā€˜alternativeā€™) more than acetoin or acetyl propionyl. I live dangerously though. :stuck_out_tongue: Best way to find out is just to try them both and see which one you prefer.

5 Likes

So JoJo, you donā€™t bother changing recipes with flavors that contain acetyl or acetoin in them? I read up on it and decided to stay away from them as much as I could. But I do have juices and flavors that ā€œmayā€ contain these. I just try not to vape them on a daily basis.

2 Likes

That is kind of how I feel about it. I just donā€™t vape those flavors all the time and try and use alternatives when they donā€™t just taste bad.

3 Likes

I agree completely! Itā€™s very likely worst than the Diectyl itā€™s trying to replace according to some. If I were in the shoes of those who blend only for themselves, I would be sucking up some Diectyl in Cap VC v1 and loving itā€¦

6 Likes

Well thanks guys. I just mixed up a small batch of Unicorn Milk and noticed I ordered V2 by mistake. I didnā€™t even notice there was a V2 until after I had it mixed up and was putting the bottle back in the rack. Thatā€™s when I saw the V2 on the bottle. So I am hoping it comes out OK.

1 Like

(citation needed)

Iā€™m a bit suspicious of that statement, particularly in the concentrations weā€™re talking about. The MSDA toxic level for BA is 2000mg/kg. So yeah, itā€™d be bad if you vaped a vial of concentrated butyric acid, but it would be bad to vape the majority of our ejuice additives in near pure concentrations.

As for the vomit comparison, while it is a nasty rancid scent on its own in high concentration, so many other flavor molecules. I wonder if there isnā€™t some expectation bias there?

2 Likes

If so itā€™s bias from other sources, not my own. Truth be told I do not buy either Cap VC v1 or v2. Not because I fear diectyl or butyric acid but because I blend for a shop. As I said if I blended for myself I would choose v1. Again BA according to some think it is worst than diectyl. Wish I could point to the articles I was reading but months ago now. Could be something to it though. TFA seems to be reformulating and getting rid of BA. My actual decision is based on the fact that I donā€™t feel as big a need to avoid Diectyl as others do and feel cap original VC v1 is the better tasting. I avoid either chemical in shop juice because of public sentimentā€¦

5 Likes

There was some talk about butyric acid being bad if used along with diketonesā€¦

4 Likes

Thatā€™s weird, Iā€™d previously heard the opposite, but now all I can find are references to this study.

We need some dang studies for vaping tho, everything out there (including this study) is referring to popcorn manufacture. :mask: :corn:

3 Likes

If it tastes good Iā€™ll vape it. Iā€™m steering clear of cigarettes dammit, ainā€™t that enough? :slight_smile:

Actually, I quite enjoy all the flavors Iā€™ve been told contain this or that which is bad for you. Over on that other POS forum it had become quite the stinger. You know how when you smoked youā€™d get those looks and jeers in certain situations? Same thing over there with diketones. You canā€™t even bring up the word butter or custard without someone going into a bitch fit over Diacetyl or some crap. Whatever. Iā€™m vaping what I like until Iā€™m dead or on a breathing machine.

As for Capellaā€™s VC, I canā€™t remember who but someone told me recently that what CAP is calling Vanilla Custard on the site now is not the original. Can anyone confirm that? I used to have a good amount of it but, well, I vaped it all. If they no longer sell it on their website where can I get it and is it in limited supply now? Questions, questions.

7 Likes

You mean a Vaping Machineā€¦lol. Seriously, agreed. Being cigarettes contain Diectyl then I had used diacetyl for over 47 years. Whatā€™s a few more yearsā€¦

3 Likes

Ditto @SthrnMixerā€¦ Vaping what I wanna vape.:+1:

3 Likes

Dammit man thatā€™s just morbid!!! LOL I hope youā€™re not saying thatā€™s me in another year!! Good one brother. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

More than in vapor, by at least one or two orders of magnitude. And there isnā€™t conclusive evidence the diacetyl in vapor is even something to worry about. The infamous popcorn workers were dealing with concentrated powdered flavorings.

As long as a person knows what theyā€™re doing and are willing to assume any risks, everyone else can piss right off. Your body, your decision, IMO. The key is to make sure that we donā€™t play down the potential risk just because it makes us happy. Iā€™d like folks to know as much as possible before they decide. Especially if Iā€™m gonna run around telling everyone how great it would be for them to switch from cigs to vapes.

4 Likes

Geez. You guys rock. Thanks for clearing that up. @ringling I didnā€™t really think about it that way. Hell yeah, I smoked for 25 years. If smoking didnā€™t kill me - vaping sure the hell wonā€™t lol. I was just thinking last night itā€™s probably Phillip Morris stirring up all these discussions anyway about the harmul shit in vape juice.

But back to the V2 - I just vaped some Cream e Clouds Monkey Cream. Based on just reading a shit ton of reviews about flavors, it seems to me it must be made with Lorann Oils Banana Cream and this Vanilla Custard V2. Because it tastes like a Banana Runt and vomit. Seriously. Anybody here tried it?

4 Likes

@SthrnMixer, I was saying ditto to your whole post and kinda poking a bit of fun at the ā€œhorrorsā€ of Diacetylā€¦ There will always be a fresh group of folks that fear the Diacetyl, Diketones and any other D words thought and taught to be bad when associated with vaping.

I told myself at one point, I would never comment on a ā€œDā€ thread again (tired of reading and hearing about it)ā€¦but guess I canā€™t help myself! :pensive:

4 Likes