CBD, Parkinsons & Fibromyalgia (UK)

If you are still interested you can just have a look at this article. There are many interesting informations about CBD, differente types, how to take them…

2 Likes

Just wondering how your wife is doing.? I started giving my granny CBD tincture and its seems to help. The cool thing about isolate is that you can use it in liquids and food.

1 Like

Thank you for that link @eloris . That’s a very good introduction to CBD.

Hi @robin. Very kind of you to ask after my partner. Much appreciated.
She is doing pretty well at the moment; there’s never a day without pain of some kind but it’s generally under control. I feel sorry for her as she has had to care for me for the last few days (see below).

Notes:
We gave up on isolate in vapes; mainly due to the price but also because it didn’t seem to do much for either of us.
We have recently tried CBD oil. (It is available on our UK high street for approx. £17/10ml). I like it as it’s so easy to take, doesn’t blow your mind and has subtle relaxing/calming effects. Sadly, she doesn’t get much benefit and hates the taste!

Case notes:

• Monday pm: I got bloaty stomach pains - not severe - like indigestion.
  • Tuesday am: Pain slightly worse but bearable, coming in waves.
  • Tuesday pm: Pain getting stabby and not so bearable. GP said take paracetamol (as if!)
  • Tuesday eve: Took paraceamol - no effect at all so…
    • took morphine - took the edge off a bit but muzzed up my head so…
    • took 5 drops CBD oil - 20 mins later pain utterly and completely gone.

I don’t know if it was just coincidence but it was as if my guts had got twisted up and then suddenly relaxed. Next time it’s straight to the CBD for me!

3 Likes

I started giving my granny CBD isolate tincture to help with her neck and back pain. She didnt get much releif from it. I then tried giving her a CBD Concentrate tincture and her symptoms eased quite a bit and although i work in the health field by profession, i am a firm beliver in plant remedies.
I am so happy you are finding some beneifit from this wnderful plant. I can send you a sample of my CBD pain salve, to see it helps. All i need is your shipping info.

2 Likes

@robin How rude of me! I thought I had replied to your very kind offer last week. Clearly I must have dreamed it. I’m so sorry.
May I try and remember to take you up on your offer in a month or so? We are planning on a few weeks away and won’t be around to get the post until early September.
Thank you so much!:+1:

1 Like

No worries my friend. If your ever interested just let me know.

Hi, We hope your wife is feeling better and is feeling some benefit from CBD!
We realise we may be a bit late with this but we are a UK based company that sell CBD capsules, we have them in 10mg and 25mg. We currently have a customer who buys for his mother with parkinsons and she uses the 25mg and says it has significantly helped her. Just something to consider if you are still interested in CBD. Here is the website which has a lot of information on what CBD can help to treat. Wishing you well for the future!

2 Likes

The properties of CBD are amazing, being this a compound of marijuana that does not have psychoactive properties. This is very helpful for diseases such as fribromyalgia and others that need to reduce pain due to its relaxing properties. By the way, I share this article on the uses of CBD

2 Likes

Have you seen https://sensiseeds.com/en/cbd-products? They sell oils and ready-to-vape e-liquid. From what I hear, the most effective is to put a few drops of the oils under your tongue and then swallow after a while.
The Netherlands seem to have quite a few places that sell cbd products. As for cost, yeah, cbd is expensive to make so you’ll pay the price for it.

1 Like

I haven’t tried their oils or vapeables but years ago I would buy seeds and was always happy.

In my experience that has been the case.I use about 15 drops under the tongue and hold for about 30-60 seconds before swallowing. For me the lingual effects are a bit stronger than vaping the isolate and the effect lasts much longer. I use the vape when I am out and feel the need .The vape doesn’t seem to last as long but the effects are almost instantaneous.
I have helped a few others get started using CBD products and almost everyone’s results varied a lot at first. Some would feel nothing and felt it wasn’t helping at all and others would feel immediate relief .Some don’t seem to feel the effects of pain relief for a couple of days and those using it for anxiety seem to see much faster results.

I know this thread is about Parkinsons and Fibromyalgia and I have not tried CBD for either but if you are trying to help someone with pain try and get them to stick with it for a week.There is nothing worst than having a loved one suffering and not being able to help.

1 Like

Quite an old thread. I’ve just seen it for the first time on account of the bump.
Hope things are going well for you and your wife @MixedUp2 !

1 Like

@MixedUp2
Found this place in the UK for Isolate

Wouldn’t mind trying this out myself but unsure of the mixing ratios?
@Ken_O_Where
Sorry I may have missed it but what are the mixing % etc for Isolate?
Also can you sub ohm this or do you need a separate vape system to get the benefits?

1 Like

The UK needs to relax on this stuff.

I saw a TV special called Weed 4 Pot vs. Pills
It was very informative. Since it is legal in Florida where I live, they have it at some local vape shops. My pain mgt. doctor says “no” I better not use it or it will show up in my urinalysis. The vape store says I’d have to drink 20 bottles of it. I’m checking it out and so far it is wonderful and is helping me a lot. I want to say goodbye to opioids and replace with cannabinoids. It’s not cheap and it tastes good in my juice. I can feel better it in a few minutes when/ if I put it under my tongue and it reduces inflammation too. The broad spectrum brand by Hemplucid 500 mg works about 8 hours. Not sure yet about any other specifics. If anyone is interested, I’ll update you. I don’t come online often. Hey… It does hurt less today. Just noticed. Usually after about 20 mins, I start suffering, cant stand the pain, and must get off the computer.

5 Likes

I finally just found a reputable CBD company after looking for almost 2 years. I found a few, but they either went out of business, didn’t sell organic, or I found the product just to be lacking overall.
Just found one though that I can feel good about recommending to people. I get 250mg bottles for my Mother, who battles several health issues, and 3000 MG of 100% Organic, Full Spectrum Phytocannabinoids bottles for myself.
I dont’ like to ‘spam’ threads, so if you are interested in more information, just message me!

2 Likes

very nice… i really like your blog…

Oh, I’ve tried cbd in various forms and this is real shit. I would advise you never to try cbd because the effect is very strange and weak, and besides, you can very easily get poisoned … If you have any health problems related to the nervous system, then it is best to try kratom , which is more efficient and safe property … I know a great kratom store (https://kratomgallery.com/) and only the most delicious and high quality varieties of kratom are sold there. There is simply a huge assortment, but before that it is best to consult a doctor.

1 Like

hello there, yes I did during my panic times I used Cbd Product and it is effective I bought in authentic and online shop it really help me those time.

Great thread as usual. I’m so glad to know more about different types CBD. I also ordered CBD oil for me from CBDax. This online platform ensure 100% quality CBD for the users.

1 Like

I can’t help you with the specific request for Parkinson’s but for the fibromyalgia l maybe this will help you as it’s nerve related.

I have had two neck surgeries, both failed, and I suffer from chronic migraine and chiari malformation. I also have 7 ruptured discs in my back ranging from not a big problem to pain always.

I have used cbd to help with all the above and I do find it works. I will add a couple caveats and I don’t know really want to argue, I’m just giving my opinion and if others don’t agree that’s perfectly fine.

1. I have tried every Avenue of cbd intake and the only one I find works is vaping, this is supported by bioavailability studies on under the tongue (very poor and requires much higher strength(£££) or an amount you couldn’t really swallow. vs vaping bs the utterly useless topical.

2. I don’t believe buying under 100mg/ml is remotely effective for the cost or dose. You’d have to. Vape way too much way too frequently. At 100mg/ml I curb headaches with 3-4 mtl puffs on a .8 coil at 15-18 watts. While the higher strengths cost more the simple truth for me is - it’s cheaper than buying multiple of the low ones.

3. where you get it matters. A lot of people are selling absolute bs. Do some research about brands.

I think it’s worth a try for you and I wish you luck. Die to cost I don’t vape it all that often but when things are quite bad I do. I also find it immediately relaxes me.

For the record I’m an absolute cynic with stuff like this - I also had a pot card previously and bought high cbd concentrations, honestly unless you like feeling stoned this works better IMO. Sometimes that feeling so great when the pain really sucks. But sometimes I don’t want it. I find cbd pairs well with other things from ibuprofen / acetaminophen to codeine. It’s definitely a good stacker.

1 Like