Changing the name of our company, looking for suggestions and comments

Okay, now we’ve had the name Flavologist for a few years, but not many understand that it means studies of flavors, instead they shake their heads and go for the names that catch their attention. Like some of the horror genre, pin-up girls, etc., we need to change up our name to attract a broader audience.
We’ve been toying with the name “Cannibal’s Corpse Sauce”, but while we get pretty imaginative with our flavors, we don’t have much imagination for a new name. So we come to you, our favorite vaping community.
Now remember, the name has to be available for use. We’ll check all suggestions and let you know if it’s available.
Most likes will be the method of voting.
We love you guys and gals, so that’s why we’re asking for your help in this endeavor.
Thank you all for your help.

11 Likes

Just wanted to make sure the one we’ve come up with is on the voting list.
"Cannibal’s Corpse Sauce“
Don’t be hesitant to post your own suggestions! Thanks.

5 Likes

Just off the top of my head… Deuce Juice, Liquid Legend, Cloud King (probably taken), Satan Sauce, Moose Juice, Taint Teaser (???), Bronchial Badboy, Cowboy Killer, BT-burninhell.

3 Likes

Flavoyeur :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I’ll vote for that lol as long as you don’t add FLV heat to every recipe

8 Likes

Personally, I reckon Flavologist e-liquid is a good name.

Cannibal’'s Corpse Sauce is horrible! If that appeals to the masses then I really don’t understand marketing, people or e-juice. Is the community really that bogan?

I’d go for a name that is both descriptive of the product and implies a premium produce. Ace e-liquids, AAA vape juice or something along those lines (I realise that these names are crappy but I think that they serve as fair examples)

5 Likes

:rofl: we rarely do a hot vape. Although we do sell a novelty vape with chili pepper flavor. Its a bit harsh.

2 Likes

Funnily enough, all but duece juice and Moose juice are available! I figured more of them would already be in use.

2 Likes

Available! I like the mix! Flavoyeur.

4 Likes

Apparently, they are that bogan. I was just delivering to one of the shops and questioned them about the names of some of their biggest sellers. All of them were just as strange.

1 Like

OK then, how about necro sauce, skulls & tits, donkey punch, epileptic leper, diseased dong…

This is fun! :grin:

oh and +1 for Taint Teaser

5 Likes

I think all except disease dong (:nauseated_face:) sound pretty good!

5 Likes

on second thought, diseased dong discharge (DDD brand) - ah perfection.

4 Likes

Are you sure you weren’t in the Navy on the USS Sterrett (CG - 31) around the late 80’s? Sounds like what most of the crew were experiencing, after our visit to Pattaya!!!

4 Likes

I’m with @cooper1… I like Flavologist as well (why are people sooo stooopid!) I’ve had similar issues with business names in the past too.
@Flavologist, am I correct in thinking youre looking for a new company name, as opposed to a juice name?
If so, I think Flavoyeur would be a good one from a branding perspective - youre already using 1/2 of that word. But hell… thats prob also too high-brow for the lowest common denominator (Aka… bogan!)

6 Likes

Sick. Damn shame… edit… No not suggestions. Comments.

2 Likes

Shorten it to Flavist
my $0.02

4 Likes

Yes, basically rebranding the company. We have a good customer base of older (over 30 yrs old) customers, but most of the shops complained that our labels (clear with the flavologist name, warnings, pertinent info about the e-liquid and flavor name with the batch number and mix date) was not eye catching for their younger (19-29 yrs old) customers, which are their main customer base. Then they said that the company name was confusing to most customers and they would pass over it because of the strange name.
Normally, I would just take the criticism with a grain of salt, but it has gotten to the point that some shops are not reordering because of the low sales of our juice. I was told that when most actually sample the product they buy it, but with the new laws they’re not allowed to give free sampling (sample bar) so they charge 10 cents per 10 samplings and most will go for the “flashier” named brands and “flashier” named juices (we try to keep the juice names simple, plus as I said before, we lack imagination in those areas. We’re flavor makers, not naming gurus :rofl:).

3 Likes

Sadly, that name has been used, more than once, by a few companies.
Didn’t even have to research it. My wife buys from a company by that name. I don’t know what they sell, but I’ve seen the boxes (always better to stay out of what the wife orders. It’s part of my “I want to live to see the sunrise” philosophy.)

3 Likes

More seriously, how about “Blood Of Christ”

3 Likes