Coffee flavors = burnt popcorn

Thanks in advance all.

My wife is a huge coffee flavor fan and so far every flavor I’ve tried to make a coffee juice with ends up with the juice tasting like burnt popcorn. Flavors used to date: FA Dark Bean Cappuccino, FA coffee (dark), LorAnn Cappuccino, TFA Caramel Cappuccino, and FA Tiramisu. So far Tiramisu yields the best coffee flavored result, but it’s still slightly burnt flavored. Thoughts, suggestions, ideas??

Mugs

1 Like

Coffee flavorings tend to have some of the more potent concentration levels. What percentage levels have you tried in the mixes?

1 Like

Generally 1-2% or in the case of the cappuccino flavors, less.

1 Like

Try diluting some FA Dark Bean Cappuccino to 10% with PG. THEN mix it at 2% of your recipe. I think you will like the outcome. TFA Caramel Cappuccino is THE STRONGEST flavor ever made. Just ask the good folks at BCV. They will concur. It is some POTENT stuff.

5 Likes

Try http://tjek.nu/r/RYN I make it for my wife and she loves it. I did up the Boosted (Tiramisu) to .5% upon her request for a little more “Mocha”

2 Likes

I’ve made her a few variations of Morning Kick, all of them to strong for her. I’ve been working on more of a frappaccino flavored vape for her, but all of them are coming out burnt popcorn so far. Going to try Brad’s suggestion of diluting the dark bean then using the result at 2% next.

1 Like

yeah I’m going to agree with Brad… I use FA dark bean at .25%

3 Likes

By FA Dark Bean Cappuccino do you mean FA Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso)? That’s one of the best flavors I’ve come across for coffee but it’s definitely on the strong side. Try putting a couple of drops in a 10ml bottle of PG and see if using it that way helps. Mocha (Delosi) is supposed to be really good, Mocha (Flavorah) is pretty good, and Coffee (Flavorah) is second on my list after Dark Bean for coffee flavors. It’s a milder coffee, more like drip coffee than FA’s espresso.

2 Likes

I use and like these:

My own DIY Coffee Flavoring
FA Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso)
FLV Mocha

I need to try the FLV Coffee soon too.

3 Likes

the best coffee vape ever had is phillip rocke grand reserve. But your talking about diy. it is all about the steep and of course the percentage. I go with 6% cappuccino (jungle) and after it has steeped for two weeks i add two week steeped tiramisu (natures flavor), at two to one tiramisu. then i let it steep for six more weeks. i know that sounds excessive but i think you will like the outcome. four hour breath at each stage.

1 Like

My only experience with a coffee flavor is TPA espresso - tasted like what I imagine burn-out rubber scraped off the road would taste like :confounded: so I made my own…
6 TEAspoons of high quality ground coffee to 30ml of PG.
Add both to a jar & simmer in water for approx 2 hrs.
Strain through coffee filter paper - takes ages!- I went to bed & let it do its thing. Woke 6hrs
later to a yield of approx 2-3ml of super concentrated, super bitter
coffee goodness! Yep…only 2-3ml! But that will go a looong way!
You could use sweeter beans than I did - consult a competent barista - they could suggest a variety.
I use this at 1%. For your wife, perhaps start at .3 & work up. Even if you use a sweet variety of bean, I think you’ll still need to sweeten it, especially if she usually takes sugar in her coffee - try marshmallow, caramel or brown sugar.

2 Likes

Here are my favorite Coffee recipes, and I love them…

Irish Daybreak

Ingredient %
Biscuit (INAWERA) 2.5
Caramel (Flavorah) 1.25
Irish Cream (FA) 1.5
Mocha (Flavorah) 1.8
Sweet Coconut (Flavorah) 2
Vanilla Cupcake (TPA) 2

Flavor total: 11.05%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Triple Shot

Ingredient %
Cake Batter (CAP) 1
Cappuccino (FA) 0.5
Caramel (Original) (TPA) 3
Caramel Candy (TPA) 2
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP) 1.5
Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso) (FA) 0.4
Hazelnut (TPA) 1
Marshmallow (TPA) 2
Mocha (Flavorah) 0.6
Sugar Cookie (CAP) 0.75
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 5
Whipped Cream (TPA) 1

Flavor total: 18.75%

And this one I make for my drive to work. It is @daath’s recipe which is extremely good.

Smooth Morning Kick

Ingredient %
Booster (Tiramisu) (FA) 0.4
Cream Fresh (FA) 1.5
Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso) (FA) 0.4
Vanilla Tahity (FA) 0.5
Vienna Cream (FA) 0.5

Flavor total: 3.3%

5 Likes

I’m a big fan of your Smooth morning kick, with the addition of 1% FA irish cream!

1 Like

As I said that’s actually daath’s (Lars) recipe. And it’s one of my favorite vapes.

1 Like

TFA Caramel Cappuccino is THE STRONGEST flavor ever made. Just ask the good folks at BCV.

I like it at 1 drop/10ml. Vaping it now at 1.3 drops/10ml and at that strength for me the carmelized and coffee notes give way to frankincense* or rosin**. Really interesting but not what I was expecting.

fm
*I bought some frankincense at a liturgical shop and it smells just like that to me.
** like the stuff you use with a violin bow

1 Like

I also am having the same issue with FA Dark Bean.

I have used it down to one drop per 10ml and it tastes like nothing that low. Any higher, instantly tastes burnt.

I use my mod at 7 volts, mixes always max VG.

Did diluting the coffee help?
Is there any coffee flavor you found, that works better?

I ask because when someone stops posting in a thread, it usually means they have found their solution!

1 Like

I will be sharing a mocha cappuccino recipe in a few weeks hopefully. I’ve managed to get the TFA Cappuccino and chocolate to play nice and not immediately burn, lol. Wick only lasts a day tops, but ya gotta pay to play. There are 5 recipes I’m sharing as a set. Almost done all 5!

2 Likes

I don’t have that issue with Dark Bean, but thanks to @Beaufort_Batches Strawberry Latte, I’m seeing that tiramisu actually makes a really great coffee vape without it being too strong. I won’t abandon my opinion that Dark Bean is one of the best coffee flavors out there, but tiramisu may be my go-to from now on.

As a side note, Liquid Barn’s cappuccino is pretty good as long as you have at least a month to let it steep. It’s obnoxious and disgusting up front, but it gets tasty.

3 Likes

If I say so myself… and I usually do :smiley: … I have a nice coffee recipe that I vape most mornings.
http://tjek.nu/r/6FPQ

And if you’re in the UK… it’s available here as a one-shot concentrate
https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/vaping-home-mixers/4654-kreed-s-mellow-morning.html

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to make a great coffee vape for a long time as that’s all my wife and I really like well I finally made one to our liking and it’s our all day vape. I used Lars Smooth morning kick as a starting point as was suggested to me on this forum maybe you should give that a shot. Here is mine, try it you might like it. http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/959036/Big%20Daddys%20Kona%20Bona

1 Like