Coil Building show offs!

I hand weaved the 4 wires together!

Just kidding

Twist 2 wires together clockwise then another two wires together clockwise then twist the 2 pairs together counterclockwise.

The finished wire has a ton of surface area and lots of crevices for juice. I’ve never tried a clapton or any fancy builds so I don’t know how it compares, I just know it works for me.

8 Likes

It’s very interesting.

2 Likes

Quick off topic question for all you show-offs. I just recently started building my own coils and was wondering how much a badly made coil effects flavor. I just built my first coil and put it on my IJOY and it has very little flavor, a lot of cloud but not much flavor, hardly any actually.

More likely to be a wicking thing than a coil - I could be wrong I would rewick to test.

5 Likes

Thanks Woftam. I was a little unsure about the wicking also. I’ll give that a shot.

1 Like

Depending upon the coil type you made you could get less flavour.

Not all builds produce great flavour.

What did you make?

3 Likes

LOL … I made a coil.
Seriously, it was a twisted 28 gauge Kanthal 5 wrap 3mm.
And if you need any more info than that … I don’t know lol :laughing:

3 Likes

Was it better flavour than a standard 5 wrap 28g or a parallel 28g 5 wrap?

That’s the question.

Personally I’m not a fan of Kanthal round wire though.

1 Like

I’ve only done a standard 5 wrap 28 gauge kanthal round wire. So I have nothing else to compare any flavor to

1 Like

You all make it look so easy. Is it time consuming?

2 Likes

Wow some really nice builds​:muscle:here great jobs​:+1::+1:!!! I’m going to build now yall inspired me.:dash::dash:

3 Likes

Once you get started it is easy to get lost in it. It also can be frustrating.

9 Likes

I thought you were responding to @Saxon2 hee hee

4 Likes

No I was being serious to the other coil builders here. No, not trying to be dickish. I see it now though, LMAO!!!

4 Likes

For me, the setup and takedown takes longer than the actual wire twisting so I like to make up enough finished wire to wrap a few coils with.

That’s a fact

4 Likes

A standard 3x26/38 alien can be complete in about 10mins.

For those 10 mins you can get a stick big enough to make 4 or 5, 5/6 wrap coils.

2 Likes

Not the best pic, but, my first attempt at an alien coil. 28g*3/36g I’m pretty happy how it turned out

10 Likes

There that’s a little better

21 Likes

Beautiful work! :+1:

4 Likes

That’s your first alien coil?!! Nice work!

3 Likes