Coil Building show offs!

Next in line, Fused Clapton Titanium Core . These builds are getting Silky.

6 Likes

Nothing fancy, 0.4mm kanthal over 2.4mm, 7 wraps.

8 Likes

Just look at the shine on those beauties!!!

I’m going to try my hand tonight at wrapping a few different wires.

Last night I was only working with 24 and 32 gauge wire.

I’ll probably wrap some 26/32 and 28/32 claptons.

I may try a 26/26/32 fused and possibly a 28/28/32 fused for shits and giggles.

I won’t wrap much fused wire, just a foot of each for now. Enough to wrap a couple of parallel builds with the fused and claps.

J

1 Like

If it works then it simply works.

Like I said at the start of this thread, complex or elaborate/intricate coils may not be how you Vape so all builds are welcome to be posted.

if it’s a good build - it’s a good build!!!

If you build it vapour will come!

J

1 Like

Nice and centered. I usually have trouble trying to center a build and get them to fire evenly. A lot of pulling and tugging and broken wires. Nice build @Aux.

nutin fancy but some of us know how pissy ni200 can be???

2 Likes

Beautiful!!!

I’m going to have to jump on the Ni200 Ni80 and titanium band wagon soon. Lol.

J

1 Like

I have tempered ni200 but left it @ home… it’s much easier to work with…

I like to take my time and make beautiful coils (:

1 Like

I simply don’t have good pictures of fancy builds, lol.

I’m only using my iPhone camera lol to take mine.

J

I have two DSLRs and one film SLR at home. I never make phone photos (: This simply feels wrong for me, lol.

1 Like

The newer phones has much better cameras and editing apps then earlier phones. Also with the add on macro lenses they are truly awesome! It’s like a all in one now. Snap pic, edit and post. A lot fewer steps to post a picture than camera to pc to internet. I can take a pic and post it in under a minute.

A MACRO SHOT NOT MINE

7 Likes

Hey guys and gals.

Just a quick pic update.

Here is a fused 24/24/32 Clapton with parallel 28/32 Clapton.

4 wraps on a 2mm ID came in at .15ohms.

Flavour is just rediculously good.

Vapour is insane too.

It’s a little bit junky but it’s my first time wrapping this fused parallel style build.

Enjoy.

J

3 Likes

Here’s some firing pictures of the fused and parallel Clapton coil build.

I had to rewick the coil due to finishing my coffee and walnut cake and moving on to my banana custard. (Coffee and walnut with banana and custard wasn’t too pleasant lol)

Phenomenal flavour.

@NewDrip
I don’t understand how you manage to pack more wraps in on a build like this. I just couldn’t imagine fitting it to this deck 22mm RDA. Unless of course you’re using something like a 50mm RDA lol.

J

2 Likes

Keep at it… you’ll get there. It took me a long, long time to build this type of coil. You’re ahead of what I was at this point.

Use a smaller gauge core and 36g-40g wrap. Get some low gauge 317L from Crazy Wire Co.

2 Likes

You mean a lower AWG as in 22/24?
Or a lower gauge as in lower diameter of wire like 28awg?

J

Yeah 28g. You’ll have a smaller coil = more wraps.

1 Like

And this one is from old 6mpx DSLR (bought in 2007). Feel the difference (:

1 Like

There is definitely a difference. IMO phone cams are just more convenient to get your photos online. I would guess that 95% of photos you see in forums or blogs come from phone cameras because they’re just more convenient to use and everybody has 1. If you want a top quality photo you can’t beat the standalone cam… but for convenience you can’t beat a camera phone. I own three cameras myself, but they don’t get any use anymore because they’re not convenient for this type application.

1 Like