Coil Building Wire Choices

You’ve nailed it bro. Well done, looks awsome. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I would LOVE to get a hold of some 36g and 38g 316L SS. Is there anyway you can hook me up with the name of your supplier?

1 Like

is that a coil jig? if so i would like to know how it works? I have a little jig i made for my fused Clapton’s and framed staples, though it is not as high tech as this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

here ya go found it

6 Likes

Thats looks super nice! Job well done.
Now get to work making coils for all of us. LOL :grinning:

1 Like

That looks awesome. I like it

Awesome…will love to see a video of it in action… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks impressive but how does it work??

Happy birthday!! :cake: :birthday: :confetti_ball: :balloon: :gift: :tada:

2 Likes

Hi Pattie, After another 5 fail attempts, I found that it was my drill that was too heavy for my left hand to control. I was using my right hand to feed the secondary cable with my weak left hand holding on to my power drill which weights 3.6kg.It was kind of floating around while I try to feed.

So decided to buy a battery power drill this afternoon which weights 620gms. After 3 attempts, I think I managed it and I am quite happy with it.

Thanks you for your informative tips!!!

This is my best attempt so far. I hope I can improve on it.

7 Likes

Happy B - Day @Amy2 Hope you have a great one.

1 Like

He posted this in another thread but here ya go a video of his prototype in action

8 Likes

Looks good to me bro. Glag you got the drill swapped. I use a cordless myself, i find them alot eaiser to handle.
But that looks absolutely fine to me, keep practising and it only gets better. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Well Hells Bells…Happy Birthday @Amy2 …Just saw about it being your birthday… I hope it is a great day for you… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So the newly added tabs can hold a wire loop for making spaced/staggered Claptons?

…I mean, HaPpY HaPPpy HaPpY B-D Amy!

1 Like

They were added so you can wrap the wire when not in use!

2 Likes

I’ll put a new video up tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

you can get 20g to 40g you can also get 250ft 500ft or 1000ft
http://www.kidneypuncher.com/ss316l-wire-100ft-spool/ TCR = 880

3 Likes

I only started making coils and Clapton wires lately, I have made coils from SS312L, KA1, both Clapton and plain wires- Gauge ranging from 22 to 28 AWG. From 5 loops to 10 loops with ID from 2.5mm to 4mm. The ohms off course range from 0.2 to 1.2.

My question is :- Is there a safety guide what I should use on VW and what temperature if on TC mode.
At the moment, I am use selecting my VW mode on what I feel is achieving the best flavor, like wise on Temperature.

Is there a safety guideline where I should exceed?

Newbie trying to learn -please advise.

A good rule of thumb is 4 volts. I maybe at 30 w for a build but at 4 volts. TC start low like 350 F and go up from there

1 Like