Coil wire size for tfv4 single, double and triple rba

I want to buy clapton wire for each of my tfv4 decks
triple clapton gauge?
double clapton gauge
single clapton size
A good vendor for those wires in stainless resistance for temp control if possible.
Thanks my friends!
Craig

here are a couple good ones. I would go with double 28 guage wrapped with 40.

https://www.kidneypuncher.com

1 Like

Craig, i only have the single deck for the tfv4 so sorry if i can’t help with the others.
in my experience the builds i liked were (all wires SS 316L)

• single clapton core 27 or 26, wrapping 34 or smaller (35 is the smallest wrapping i use)
  • fused claption (dual core) 28 or 27, wrapping 35
    you can try other configs, but in my view these were the most effective for flavor vs heat balance.
    the space inside the chamber is limited in that RBA, so ID 2.5mm or 3mm max. also i noticed with bigger (mass) coils (say dual 26 core wrapping 32) or trying to fit a larger ID coil than 3mm, i lose balance between heat and flavor (vape too hot). wicking channels are small, so for relatively larger coils, the wicks should be trimmed outside the coil, then should barely touch the openings of the juice channels or it won’t wick well. also the space between the post screws would usually allow for 5 wraps (larger gauge) to 6 wraps only… but it’s still very flavorful.

hope this helps. in case you’re not in the US, you can get the wires from http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/

1 Like

well i am not sure by saying “dual” “triple” and “single” clapton if you mean the 3 types of decks this RBA has… or you mean the cores of clapton… though my suggestions are:

Triple build:
well… i have only messed a few times with a triple build and this was on ESTIA RTA (by GUS) this RTA really rocks in terms of flavor but i have build it only a few times just with plain KA1 28ga and 30ga and not kanthals… so i can’t suggest something else… and i am not sure HOW Ss could work in in this case since SS makes almost half Ohms than Kanthal… never tried it so i don’t have a honest opinnion

Double Coil Build:
my personal preferences are:
26ga+30ga SS316L Clapton (by UD)
28ga2+32 Ka1 Fused Clapton (by Demonkiller)
0.8 + 32ga Ka1 Alien clapton (By Demonkiller)

Single Coil Build:
i would stick with
26ga+30ga SS316L Clapton (by UD)
28ga2+32 Ka1 Fused Clapton (by Demonkiller)
0.8 + 32ga Ka1 Alien clapton (By Demonkiller)

since you mentioned Ss… keep in mind that Ss makes almost half Ohms on same wire gauge and number of wraps than Ka1… .if you want to use SS for real i would just stick with the 26ga+30ga SS316 Clapton wire… it’s handy in general :slight_smile: and as @TheFlavorSeeker suggested you take a look at
www.wireandstuff.co.uk for wires etc in case you’re not in the US :slight_smile:

1 Like