Community Recipe Kick Around

If YOU were going to build a recipe on how these taste, where would you start?!

These things are AMAZING and thought I’d be a good idea if we all kicked around some ideas and see how it turns out. :blush:

10 Likes

Iv been wanting to make a legit recipe for that for years but havent been abke to really nail it. Im interested in knowing too

My start would be ssa van ice cream , tpa van swirl and a almond but the almonds i tried dont get to that signature good humor taste

6 Likes

Maybe wf almond cookie with a touch of either cap or tpa toasted almond.

8 Likes

I havent had cap toasted almond in years. Def worth a try with that. I believe i have tried wf almond cookie. Its not bad but doesnt sceeam good humor.

One thing i thought about is trying a amaretto with it. I remember having a ameretto juice years ago and thinking good humor toasted almond. Im not sure what ameretto was in that juice but it was years ago so prob tpa or cap ameretto

7 Likes

One of my Good Humor favorites as a kid. Good luck!

7 Likes

So i have had the Strawberry ones but ive never seen almond ones. Is the outside coating made of the same type of stuff? Is the almond flavor in the ice cream or in the crunchy bits?

5 Likes

Same here, never seen it before. 2 different ice creams with toasted almonds on the outside ?

4 Likes

Ruh Roh …

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/21/business/good-humor-toasted-almond-bar-discontinued/index.html

6 Likes

ASSHOLES!! Now i want to try one so bad i wont be able to sleep tonight.

8 Likes

Wait a minute “Signature CAKE Coating” ??

4 Likes

So then we can partially assume its the same coating as the others.

5 Likes

The outside is sirta like the strawberry shortcake one but almond flavored and the almond ice cream is the yellow part. I love the strawberry shortcake one too but could never get that cakey outside perfect in a ejuice recipe.

6 Likes

Can’t believe I never heard of it. I used to chase the GH man up and down the neighborhoods…

7 Likes

@STR8V8PING I never could completely figure it out either. Great news is JF did …

Pretty good, and damned close.

5 Likes

Damn really. Its always been their 2 famous ones. Toasted almonds and shortcake. I dont even know what others they have. I know all the supermarkets by me also just carried those 2

5 Likes

Ill have to try that. All the ones iv ever tried or made missed the mark on that signature cakey note. I think because the real one is so densly sweet cake

5 Likes

I think you will be surprised.

4 Likes

Id assume they use ultimate birthday cake or cake batter but i have tried those. Cake batter can get kinda close. Its hard because that taste is what makes the whole good humor bar. The rest is just basic ice cream. I have a cake bite recipe on ATF which i created because i was trying to initially make a good humor bar. It comes close but not doing it fully

5 Likes

5 Likes

I got that as a freebee and never thought i would try it but now i just might…

4 Likes