Cotton Bacon Prime

Fasttech should rename to slowtech, cause out of all chinese sites I use for anything vape related they are by far the most sirupy.

On topic but off. Iā€™ve tried cotton bacon v2 in three rda builds. So far not impressedā€¦sometimes seems to be a bit hollow. Iā€™ll stick with Pima cotton from eciggity.

is this cotton pad form ??

Here it is

2 Likes

Link is above. The fibers are very one way. There is some break in 1-2 rda vape sessions. After that, perfect all the way until the coil is gunked.

1 Like

Bumping this older thread since it fits my comment best:

Iā€™ve been trying out CB Prime for about a month and was stumped on a clogging issue. Used Cb V2 for 2 years without this issue.

Using the Aromamizer V2 Supreme with the postless deck. I would wick like I was used to, fairly snug cotton, tight but not too tight, so not too loose - comb out the ends and trim a bit, not over-stuffing the juice ports.

I was getting dry hits after about 1 or 2 hours. Like the cotton was clenching up, binding up and choking the juice flow. I would lift the tails a bit, or re-comb, trim and reload them into the port wells.

This was happening a LOT! So annoying.

So this morning, I wicked WITHOUT COMBING. Just pull the cotton through and trim. I trim the sides and an angle up to the top, and place the tails into the ports.

Problem solved! Wicks acting like A-students, raising their hands and participating in class like champs!

Has anyone noticed this issue? I think the Prime is so well-combed right outta the bag that no fulffing is necessary, just trim to thin to the right size for your RTA.

3 Likes

While I may have OCD in some cases, wicking is not one of them. Iā€™ve never been one to fluff wicking material out like I see a lot of video people do, whether it was when I was using Ken do pads or Prime or v2 CB.

5 Likes

I think i watched too many of the fluffersā€™ videos! Iā€™ve started seeing fewer people fuss about with the tweezers recently. I think thatā€™s why i tried just trimming. The port wells seem too small for 3mm of cotton without clogging up, but i suppose i should try that, too!

4 Likes

Thereā€™s that Swedish guy that speaks in monotone and does quasi-scientific videos about vaping. The ones about wicking are very interesting and he says just put the damn cotton in and leave it be. Itā€™s what I do and it works for me.

5 Likes

I donā€™t fluff RDAā€™s at all and RTAā€™s just enough to fit the channel. Never have raked one.

5 Likes

That works great for RDAs, do you do that with an RTA, too?

2 Likes

If your talking about Oen Morten (from finland I think) lotā€™s of experienced people seem to disagree with him and his airflow simulations.
I think he even designed a tank (zathog RDA) and it wasnā€™t well received in general.
I donā€™t think his wicking experiments were all that accurate though I do like the guy and appreciate his videos.

4 Likes

2 Likes

I havenā€™t used an RTA in a long time. That being said, Iā€™ve got a Profile Unity on the way. Iā€™m going to wick it the same way I do the RDA, with rayon and just cutting it, no thinning.

3 Likes

Yep, thatā€™s him. I gave him an A for effort, but thatā€™s about it. I liked the videos he did showing the cotton pulling up juice, that was interesting and relevant to me. I never could get all the way through any of his videos though.

4 Likes

I use bacon prime sometimes and have no issues.
I never comb just a floof and tuck, if there is a bit much i just cut or tuck out of the way depending on atty.
For wicking i normally watch vaping with vick if struggling.

8 Likes

I also just pull it through and trim it no mess no fuss. Its perfect.

3 Likes

Fluffing can help a bit if youā€™re at that end where you squeezed the cotton to fit through the coil so it covers the juice hole on an RTA.
Thatā€™s really about all the advantage you get out of it in my experience.

3 Likes