Critique my Newby First Order. PART TWO

Hey Ryan, that looks like a good starting point. I definitely agree with @woftam on the dx/v2 stuff. If you’re cool with DAAP flavors then I would suggest skipping anything that is a dx or v2.

Sounds like a good start. Real Flavors cherry is one I’d recommend for that, its a really nice cherry that isn’t medicinal/cough syrupy tasting and it falls kind of in between realistic and candy cherry.
Off the top of my head I’d probably do 3% FA fuji, 2% RF cherry (sc), and 1% em/cotton candy to get the ball rolling.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Ill have to check these out! I switched over to all bottle a few months ago and go thru amazon. I never seem to have enough bottles lol. I use the 30s for tester and the big Boston rounds for favorites, and the 60s for figuring out if its getting a big bottle or not. Oh the madness…

2 Likes

Those are cheap enough, I don’t have to wash and worry about cross contamination, plus they are very pocket friendly.

3 Likes

Well up until now, no, I hadn’t researched diketones, but since you mentioned it, I went on a google crash course, and decided to steer clear of them wherever I can. I also got rid of the Yellow Cake-FW. To make it less confusing, at least starting out, I’m buying all of my flavors from Bull City Flavors. Unfortunately they don’t appear to carry the Yellow Cake JF, so for now I’ll just start without it. I already have another cake flavor, so I may make due with that. Thanks a bunch for the advice about looking into the diketones. Here’s an update of my shopping cart.
Shopping Cart:
Fuji-FA 30ml
Ripe Strawberry-TFA 30ml
Vanilla Custard V2-Cap 30ml
Cheesecake (Graham Crust)-TFA 30ml
Sweet Strawberry-Cap 30ml
DX Bavarian Cream-TFA 4oz
Graham Cracker V2-Cap 13ml
Nonna’s Cake-FA 10ml
Peach-RF 10ml
Raspberry-Cap 13ml
NY Cheesecake V2-Cap 13ml
Caramel V2 - Cap 13ml
Cotton Candy-TFA 10ml
Cherry-RF 10ml
Carrot Cake-RF 10ml
Cowboy Blend-FA 10ml
Virginia-FA 10ml
Burley-FA 10ml

4 Likes

Thanks VapeyMama. I appreciate the jumping off point for a candy apple recipe. I just switched the cherry flavor to the Real Flavor Cherry in my shopping cart, so thanks for the advice on that as well.

3 Likes

No Ryan, this is for all Beginners! Welcome aboard! I wish it would become a “sticky” so all new folks could post their ideas of starting orders and get comments from the experienced mixers. They are ALL great people and generous with their time and knowledge.

I think you and I both have selected a few basic recipes and built the order from the flavors contained in the recipes. The comments to me have been to expand on those few recipe flavors to have a lot more options when we start mixing.

The more experienced users that have commented on my first order have made great suggestions for #1 “More Fruit Flavors”, #2 Other flavors and #3 Which extra supplies I will need or not need. I am changing my order accordingly, and am now almost ready to order… finally!

Cheers!

4 Likes

Not bankrupt, but I do have a budget that I’m trying to stick to. I’ve added several flavors and made great changes to my supply list. Thank you for your comments and suggestions.
Cheers!

2 Likes

I can’t add all 7, but the Marshmallow looks good to my sweet tooth! Thanks for contributing!

3 Likes

Okay, so I was just about to purchase my order, and then realized I could either pay almost $11 in shipping, or add another $15 to the order for free shipping. No brainer! So I added a few more items, but I still need to add another $6 to the order. Any suggestions? Anything you see on the list that might be a waste of time? Maybe a coffee flavor? I do drink a whole lot of coffee. Would very much like to have some flavors that would allow me to mix a couple of shake and vape recipes so we’re not waiting around for weeks to start vaping some mixes. What would you suggest for recipes and what would I need that I don’t have? Thanks
Shopping Cart:
Fuji-FA 30ml
Ripe Strawberry-TFA 30ml
Nonna’s Cake-FA 10ml
Peach-RF 10ml
Raspberry-Cap 13ml
Caramel V2 - Cap 13ml
Cotton Candy-TFA 10ml
Cherry-RF 10ml
Carrot Cake-RF 10ml
Cowboy Blend-FA 10ml
Virginia-FA 10ml
Burley-FA 10ml
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream-Cap 13ml
Blueberry (Extra)-TFA 10ml
Wild Blueberry-TFA 10ml
Watermelon-TFA 10ml
Dragonfruit-TFA 10ml

3 Likes

Yeah, I can’t thank you enough for starting these threads. I’ve learned more about getting started with flavors just from reading through your two First Order threads than I have anywhere else I’ve found, so much appreciated. I still need to add a couple of more things to my Bull City order to get the free shipping, so hoping to get some suggestions on that, and maybe on a couple of good shake and vape recipes, and what I might need for those.

2 Likes

VapeyMama! Great to see you again, you were the first one to help me, back on the “introduce yourself” page.

My first change was to increase the Vanilla Custard V1/Cap. as you suggested! My list is about full (time to order!) but I’m going with your Lemon and Vanilla Ice Cream suggestions.
Thanks for you time and consideration!

4 Likes

How about FW Yogurt and LA Cream Cheese Icing? I love those, man.

2 Likes

Great! I just added the Cream Cheese Icing - LA Thanks for the suggestion.

3 Likes

Key Lime is also good… I’m not trying to hog the recommendations but key lime pie and key lime yogurt recipes are really good vapes.

1 Like

Hog away, my friend! What would be good flavors for some shake and vape recipes? Have never done the DIY before, so would like to be able to vape a couple of mixes right out of the gate while we’re waiting for some that have to steep.

1 Like

General rule, fruits are usually pretty S&V. Creams and custards almost always, if not always, require deep steeps.

2 Likes

If I need a snv I will usually do a single fruit flavor, unfortunately my favorite single flavor is not available where you are ordering.

2 Likes

So what fruits would you suggest adding? Don’t really want any candyish fruits. Would prefer more natural fruit flavors if possible, but I realize what may taste natural to one person, may taste like a candy to another. Still, am open for suggestions. Am I missing any good ol staples? Other than watermelon, I’m not much of a melon fan. Any citrus flavors that vape well? I know I don’t have a lemon or lime, but not sure how versatile they are, or how realistic they taste vaping. Have never tried a citrus flavored ejuice before. Here’s what I have so far. I grouped them a little better so all the fruits are together on the list.
Fuji-FA 30ml
Ripe Strawberry-TFA 30ml
Peach-RF 10ml
Raspberry-Cap 13ml
Cherry-RF 10ml
Blueberry (Extra)-TFA 10ml
Wild Blueberry-TFA 10ml
Watermelon-TFA 10ml
Dragonfruit-TFA 10ml
Nonna’s Cake-FA 10ml
Caramel V2 - Cap 13ml
Cotton Candy-TFA 10ml
Carrot Cake-RF 10ml
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream-Cap 13ml
Cream Cheese Icing-LA 10ml
Cowboy Blend-FA 10ml
Virginia-FA 10ml
Burley-FA 10ml

I don’t see any banana. Loves me some banana flavor.

3 Likes

Yeah I thought about banana, and I do like banana’s, but that seems to be one flavor I get tired of really quickly. I tend to buy a bunch of bananas, eat two, and end up throwing the rest away because I’m already burnt out on the flavor. And I’m not one who easily gets burn out on foods, as I will often eat the same thing for every meal for days before I get tired of it.

1 Like