Critique my Newby first order?

Oh yeah, one thing I didn’t see you had listed was a syringe. 100mg nic is fine to use with a good scale(like the lb-501 you listed) but you almost need a syringe and blunt nosed needle to get the right amount in a small mixture. There might be (and I’m sure there are) other ways but I’m not sure of any easier. Good call on including a scale to start with, I mixed for 2 months without one and I’m not sure why I made it so hard on myself.

2 Likes

Hey VapeyMama, ELR is suggesting I answer multiple posts at once instead of one at a time, using the quote button. Not sure how to do that! AND! VANILLA CUSTARD V1 CAP. sounds awesome! Something like that might be what I’m craving/loving in Unicorn Milk (Cuttwood). I don’t even think I can taste Strawberry.

I’ll adjust my order accordingly, Thx!

2 Likes

What I meant was if you plan on diluting the 100mg/ml nicotine down to say, 48mg/ml then it’s better to just buy the 48mg/ml rather than diluting it yourself.
I have calculated the costs and it worked out to the be the same, so you can save yourself some trouble of doing it yourself (less margin of error also).

I bought 100mg nicotine and then decided to diluted it down to 36mg. So I wanted to know if it was any better (cost wise) to do this or just buy it at 36mg, turns out to be the same once you take into account the pg (or vg) used to dilute it.

I was not talking about the strength of your desired nicotine in your juices.

1 Like

WOW! THANK YOU ALL for all the comments! This is a tremendous help.

YES! This is the most awesome site EVER!

I’m trying to figure out how to answer multiple posters at once using the quote button. If I miss something, apologies.

I’ll go over all the recommendations very carefully before I place my first order.

2 Likes

Lol just ignore it unless it won’t let you. :joy:

3 Likes

I just remembered something I should have known much earlier. Don’t need any mixing tools with this.

3 Likes

@Brandolf did mention syringes, id suggest 1.5 -2ml pipettes for flavors since the larger volumes (30+) dont come w/ tips. Depending on where u order from, the bases may not come w/ yorker tips and easier to squeeze bottle as Nic river provideds so u may want 3 for the bases in sizes to use everytime u drag out everything to mix in. i use a 60ml foir the nic as it goes a long way and keep the rest in the fridge.

2 Likes

I went well overboard with my first order, I have to admit. I was like “I know I need this, but I might need that too. Ooh, and I bet I need that. Ack, and more of that…” Funny thing is, I was right. I ended up buying full gallons of PG and VG and was glad I did that too. There is such a thing as ‘minimum requirements’ but I blew the heck right through that mindset. Smallest concentrate bottle I’ve ever bought is 4oz actually. So, I won’t be giving any quantity advice since I figure that while a case of beer is good, 5 cases of beer is better.

2 Likes

Trying to answer multiple posters on one post:

TW12:

Ha ha, thanks!

Brandolf:
Thanks for the advice on Milk frother and leaving headroom in the bottle and the syringe, will do!

Bad Influence:
Super idea, just mix right in the bottle - I’m guessing the calculator will let you input 25 Ml for total?

2 Likes

Yes sir! :+1: whatever amount you want.

3 Likes

I’m not sure why but some people are extremely scared of nicotine, they don’t want high consecration nicotine, hey whatever floats your boat, but for me 100mg nick is the best way to get it and I don’t dilute it. Way to many fear mongers when it comes to nicotine. Be safe wear gloves and wash it off your skin if you get it on you.

7 Likes

I think we can all read the trepidation in your posts. If I can offer one more bit of advice, it would be to put aside any intimidation. It really isn’t all that hard once you get the hang of it. I was happy to vape my own Red Licorice (which was nothing more than 10% red licorice with PG, VG, and nic). And I was pumped when I made a vapeable strawberries and cream with a whopping two ingredients (yes, strawberry and sweet cream). Since then I’ve made some more complex ones I really like too, like Key Lime Pie Yogurt. And of course, you see others here that are talented enough to open a store (that is not me). In no time you’ll be making things you didn’t know you could. Remember, everyone mixed their very first bottle at some point.

7 Likes

Yeessss, absolutely. It should be FUN not intimidating! :wink:

Also, when you f* up (you will, we all do) just come here and laugh about it with everyone! This forum has the awesomest peeps!

7 Likes

I see where my misunderstanding happened! I had a sneaking suspition that I was missing what you were saying, somehow. Thanks for clarifying. That makes total sense.

1 Like

No doubt. If I did DIY mixing for praise or accolades, I would have quit long ago. I’ve already shared my Mozzarella Cheese juice story (I can share the recipe if you want). I’m happy as heck to be able to mix juices that the wife and I enjoy, and that’s good enough for me. Saving money and enjoying the hobby more = priceless.

4 Likes

Completely agree.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m starting to notice that now after I have diluted mine thinking it was safer. To be honest, it isn’t as bad as some people may have you believe. I went through this when I started not too long ago and decided to dilute mine down to a “safe” level. Since I’ve started mixing I have not spilled a single drop of nicotine outside the mixing bottle or anywhere for that matter. After I’ve used all this I’ll be using 100mg nicotine for sure.

5 Likes

I’ve been waiting to run out of the 36mg nic i bought on my first order so I can get the 100mg. Seems way more efficient.

4 Likes

100mg is all I use. Pure liquid nicotine is certainly dangerous, but diluted to where we use it isn’t anything to don a hazmat suit over.

3 Likes

Hopefully nobody thinks that I’m fear mongering by talking about using 48mg… For the record, I don’t think there’s anything wrong or inherently dangerous about using 100mg nic, I’m just personally more comfortable with 48… I’m ridiculously clumsy and it cuts the concentration by more than half so it makes me less paranoid when it ends up somewhere that it shouldn’t be. Lol

5 Likes