Crown Subtank by Uwell

As the wire is heated the resistance lessens whether it shows on the screen or not. I see this on my Evic that shows resistance in real time. Also wear and tear of the wire over time will lessen the resistance.

1 Like

Well yes, heat will increase the resistance, but I I donā€™t see it in real time.

Another thing that Iā€™ve been thinking about since you said you do notice it change on some of your mods. When the resistance change is noticed by the mod, wouldnā€™t it push more power to the coil?

I have to retract this statementsā€¦ Itā€™s the watts that being read in real time. The resistance holds stable. As mentioned earlier I have seen the resistance change on a new Ti coil to after first fireā€¦ as much as .5 ohm.

The Snow Wolf reads in real time.

Actually the wicking is the problem I ran into, did not use enough and developed juice leaks through the air vents. Iā€™d like to try again and if I need some advice I will talk with you, promiseā€¦

Speaking of holding stable, why is it that not matter what joules you set the IPV4s on, the temperature remains at 450 degrees. Am I missing something else?

You can adjust the temp in the menu. 5 clicks to access the menu, then one click at a time until you get to tempā€¦ then adjust it + or -.

1 Like

Actually I have noticed this as well. Last night I set the resistance of the coil with the IPV4s and everything was working fine. Only took a couple pulls and went to bed. This morning it was not hitting very well and had to set the resistance again. Unless the coil was not as cool as I thought last night, the resistance had changed. Anyway, I have noticed many coils change resistance as they are being broken in, even store bought coils, so why would it be any different with the ones we build?

1 Like

I have the stock .25 ohm coils that came with mine. I have noticed that they make the tank hot. Not warm like the RBA head (which I prefer anyways).

Youā€™d think with more airflow that the stock coils provide it would be cooler. But for me and the .25ā€™s it is not.

1 Like

How many watts are pushing?

1 Like

At most was 30w nothing super crazy. Even tried another head and had the same results.

1 Like

Itā€™s a surprise to me because I vape at twice thatā€¦ It gets warm but not hot.

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s right, noticed that before. This is a little odd though. Donā€™t really understand why there is a Joules adjustment and then a adjustment for temperature as well. Can you make sense of this for me. The 40w Istick doesnā€™t have this, just temperatureā€¦

1 Like

Joules was new to me also. Iā€™m thinking itā€™s similar to wattage. I noticed on my other TC mods you have the option to adjust the watts and tempā€¦ on the IPVs options are Joules and temps.

1 Like

the joules from what I understand is how much power used to reach the temp you set the mod at or how fast it reaches the temp? someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong?

1 Like

Yes, or for those mathematically inclined:

Iā€™m glad you made it easier for me to understandā€¦ whew !!!lol

2 Likes

1 joule per second = 1 W, so 90 J for 3 seconds = 30 Wā€¦

I never really understood why they used ā€œjouleā€ when they donā€™t really explain what it isā€¦

2 Likes

To show how new gear gets all in a vapers headā€¦ when I upgraded my IPV4s I was ranting ā€œ100 joules,100 joules!!!ā€, and I didnā€™t even know what they were. :confused:

2 Likes

I know nothing of mathematics! Total zero!

I opted for home economics in high school, every time I could, rather than whatever math class was offered. I figured Iā€™d rather be surrounded by girls rather than numbers. Yeah buddyā€¦I was a happy boy!

3 Likes

Oh, I see, you donā€™t know eitherā€¦lol

2 Likes