Crown Subtank by Uwell

My 0.25 coils that came with mine started off tasting like poop. Two tanks later they still tasted like poop. Glad I got that RBA section.

On another note, I also found that the stock coils I had made my tank uncomfortably hot. Not slightly warm like the RBA section but in fact, hot.

I got a way better vape off the RBA section but air flow was a bit compromised. Not sure why the stocks get so hot with all that air going through them.

I had two tanks that done the same one of them was a very early version, the other the newer version.I used them on the ipv2x and the ipv4s both with same problem

Very often coils come out of the factory defective in batches. Itā€™s more possible then you think to have a whole pack of coils be bad. Now if these coils you speak of are in your kit, then some in a pack, ect, the likelyhood of that does near impossible. It is possible for multiple packs to be bad if they are from the same manufactured lot. People donā€™t realize that the 2-3% of bad coils that come off the line winds up being hundreds of thousands of coils when you consider the millions of coils coming off the lineā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah I miss read his comment. I thought he said it was the .25 coils with his tank kit and the 1.2 coils but he was saying it jumped to 1.2 or whatevef. I just know my kit came with different coils, .25,.50 and tc coils so I was saying all 3 different resistance coilsā€¦anyways that wasnā€™t what he said :wink:

2 Likes

Probably is a defective coil though. Sounds like the very same symptoms as loose connections on a atty (loose screws). With factory built coils there better be a good connection cause if there is not there is no tightening the screwsā€¦

2 Likes

Waitā€¦are you trying to sell me screws @ringling?! I did not approve you as a screw vendorā€¦thatā€™s it youā€™re banned!

2 Likes

Actually, Iā€™m giving you a screw job, those are freeā€¦lol

2 Likes

Itā€™s the nuts I have to pay for! Hahaha!

2 Likes

lolā€¦Canā€™t argue with that, after all, I might get banned if I doā€¦lol

2 Likes

I havenā€™t checked your thread but did those bastards ever get back to you?

1 Like

So I noticed something when I was cleaning my crown today that I never saw before. I removed my coil and I was cleaning the air flow chamber when I pushed on the 510 pin and it came out quite a ways and I noticed thereā€™s no spring like Iā€™m used to? Iā€™m not sure if there ever was one to begin with and if there was thereā€™s no way I would had lost it or I would have known. It works fine but now Iā€™m kinda wondering if it should have one and I never got one? Can any crown owners report on this?

1 Like

I donā€™t believe thereā€™s a spring there its a fixed pin and very slightly adjusts when the coil screws into the base and pushes down on the pinā€¦ it should be kinda tight though? is it loose?

I never had the guts to play with that and i dont plan to. The original Lemo had a similar thing going where when you screw down the 510 part to the rest of the tank, it pressed down securing the 510 pin. Yes the original Lemo had adjustable 510 pins but this is what that reminded me of.

1 Like

I looked at mine before I sent it back.the pin just pushed out.when the coil is in its secure but the pin doesnā€™t stick out much .I think thats a possibility as to why mine was jumping ohms

1 Like

Ok so itā€™s just how they are made thenā€¦strange. Mine doesnt jump at all but I did find it odd there wasnt a spring and with a coil in it doesnā€™t even stick out.
Just curious thanks

1 Like

So I got a Crown and RBA base yesterday and Iā€™m wondering if anyone else has had an issue with the RBA not making a connection with the pin in the crown base? Comparing the RBA to a stock coil, itā€™s just slightly shorter.

I went online and looked at various teardowns, and it seemed like the bottom insulator on mind is a bit thin. So I wrapped some floss around the base pin and reassembled it and Iā€™m getting a connection now, but the ohms seemed to fluctuate a lot using the preinstalled SS coil.

What do you guys think, is this something youā€™ve heard of anything like this happening with the RBA base?

I have the Crown and did not have any problems at all with mine. Is it possible you have roughness of the threads of the RBA and it is not screwing completely in? One thing I did notice though is when taking the cap off for filling you must be sure you do not unscrew the tank/chimney/etc at the same time. This can loosen the coil even. Are you getting excess juice from the air holes? If so I would suspect the RBA is not seating far enough down thus not sealing correctly, and not making good contact. As far as ohm fluctuation that most likely means tightening the coil contact screws after break in unless you still are not making good contact. Generally fluctuation is bad contact of some sort whether it be at the coil, or elsewhereā€¦

1 Like

The threads feel about the same as the stock coil which had no problem making a connection. As for unscrewing the tank to loosen it, it did this before Iā€™d even assembled the tank. I was trying to use my mod as an ohm checker at that point. Even got out my multimeter to make sure.

No leakage from the air holes, and it did eventually settle down to .4 ohm for a good while so itā€™s functional. Just feeling a bit uneasy about having to kludge it. Not confident enough to use it away from home just yet either.

This I was referring to while removing the cap to fill, you must keep the rest of the tank from unscrewing when removing the cap from the tank otherwise you can possibly loosen coil. Unlikely to have any bearing on your problem unless the coil was loose from the base. I can not take mine apart obviously since Iā€™m not wanting to mess with a juice filled unit, not to mention I just had it apart yesterday working on it. I was able to see that the coil and the RBA are the same height. Just happen to have a extra RDA I bought and the original coil to compare. Looks can be deceiving when comparing so I put them both on a flat surface upright to compare. Look the same to me as far as height. Something else I noticed is the contact pin from the outside is recessed as the Atlantis is. Is yours also recessed? If not I would think you need to push the pin in more. Think I would look very closely that the pin is in place correctly and also do a couple light swipes with fine sandpaper on both the coil bottom and the center pin on the inside and see what happens. Wouldnā€™t hurt to brush the threads of the coil with a fine wire brush (Remove ORing First). Do not use sandpaper for this. Hope this helps. There should be a easy fix for this and itā€™s got to be just a matter of things being clean and in place correct. Not much else it could beā€¦

1 Like

The contact pin on the outside on bottom can and will come out, make sure you push it back in. Cleaning mine the other day and noticed it was about half way out.

2 Likes