Cure for dryish e-juice

Any suggestions on how to overcome dryness in an already made e-juice recipe? I feel it needs to be a bit more moist or wetter vape. And if i use any additive at what % should it be used? I’m thinking distilled water, tfa smooth, mts vape wizard. TIA!!

@Amy2 and @ringling have been experimenting with distilled water at about 2-3%. With Vape Wizard or Smooth, I typically use very little as it can mute your flavors at times. I usually do 0.5% or less. Maybe start small and work up to what works for you. I haven’t really gotten it to work for me that well, yet.

3 Likes

I started a thread a while back about using distilled water to fix the dry mix/vape. I read on another forum that using distilled water would fix those dryish mixes by adding moisture to the mix. I use it at 3-5% and it usually fix those mixes. On the other hand it also can dilute some flavors so test a small amount first. Good luck.

1 Like

Do you have any FA fresh cream or meringue those tend to help moisten a flavor of that fits the flavor profile 1-2 drops each. If you use smooth it can mute the flavor quickly. As for DW same thing can happen taste great then as it ages you can’t taste anything so I’d say only 1-2 drops DW also.

3 Likes

Since you mentioned FA another little trick i use is FA Fuji Apple. Just a few drops/30ml can really change the way a vape feels.Works great to take the dryness out of fruit flavored vapes, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, etc. Got to be careful tho as it is a VERY powerful flavoring so i use around 5-10 drops/30ml.

2 Likes

Discovering that FA Oba Oba does much the same thing!

1 Like

I :heart: Fuji Apple. I think it is my new favorite flavor. I can imagine doing just like you said…putting a few drops in everything. It is so ‘juicy’ it makes your mouth water…which I guess is why it would combat dryness! LOL

3 Likes

Wouldn’t that affect the overall flavor in the recipe itself? I’m sure the answer is no, but i’m enjoying learning so many new things from you all that i had to ask.

1 Like

The only flavors i have from FA are fuji apple, mad fruit, mango, fruit mix, strawberry. Unfortunately i have no meringue, but i do have a lot of tfa flavors.

You can also add a cure for harshness. I’m feeling my vape is a bit harsh on my lemo, it’s only 6mg nicotine, 65-35 vg-pg.

Jimk oba oba would be my 3rd go to ! It’s awesome

Well, actually the answer is yes. You have to be very careful with the amount you use, it took quite a bit of experimentation with each recipe to hit it without adding flavor. Some flavors will definitely benefit from a hint of apple tho, certain blueberries and raspberries ( Raspberry Sweet TFA) comes to mind.

As others have mentioned distilled water will work too (as will saline but it gunks coils), ive been doing a bit of experimenting out of necessity as my Subtank Mini just cant handle the vast majority of my recipes.

1 Like

It is definitely in my top 5 favorite flavorings, yum-o-licious! Just smelling it out of the bottle makes my mouth water. Hmm, now i want to try it in some water!

2 Likes

I totally get what you mean, fuji apple might be suitable to overcome dryness in fruity recipes, and as you said some flavors will benefit from its presence. The recipe i’m having troubles with contains creams and custards, so i guess something other than fuji apple might be suitable for this type of recipes. In this case i think what Amy2 said about FA fresh cream might fit the bill and go along well with creams and custards. Unfortunately i don’t have any FA fresh cream, and i wonder if there’s an equivalent in TFA that might just do the job.
What do you mean by your subtank can’t handle majority of your recipes? I guess this means you usually go for max vg, and have troubles with your subtank wicking properly.

2 Likes

Exactly, i doubt there are any tanks that could handle some of these new recipes with INW and FA flavorings. Some of them are 90%+ VG.

What custard are you using that you are having dryness with? And %'s please. I mix/vape pretty much only custards

2 Likes

It’s TFA vanilla custard, i used it at 8% by mistake in the mother’s unicorn milk recipe i found here. It was a 250ml batch, so i had to find a workaround or else trash the whole batch.

I only add additives to my tank and not to a batch of ejuice. That way I hope to eliminate the problem of additives weakening flavor over time. I add it when I’m just not getting enough flavor from a tank of juice. Sometimes I think it’s me or my tongue on certain days and not the juice itself. Some of my additives are: Sweeteners, Saline water with citric acid, moonshine, Vape Wizard, Smooth Wizard, and Bitter Wizard.

3 Likes

I’m glad you said this … Certain days my tongue fails me and if I screw around w/ my juices that day it’s usually to my dismay.

Good point ! I will try your method in the future and add it to the tank. Thanks Joya

You’re welcome, and I must add… I’m LOVING my new tank - the Zephyrus RTA with a “TOP Fill Plug” !!! It’s the perfect thing for me because I like to add a tad. Oh, and another thing that’s great to add is toasted anything. It seems to “wake up” your taste buds. I don’t know why, but I discovered that. I added just a bit of toasted marshmallow to my marshmallow, and I keep it in my ‘additives’ drawer. I have little plastic drawers in a wooden cabinet near where I sit and vape. The drawers are labeled: Fruits, Baked, Additives, Nut & Liquor, Mixes, Citrus Fruits (my fruits got too large to fit in one drawer) and Flavors. I think that’s all. I keep the moonshine in my additives drawer by the way. Another drawer has bottles of: Water, PG with nicotine, PG without nicotine, and VG.

2 Likes

I have not experienced toasted marshmallow to " wake up " my taste buds but I am going to give it a try and see if it does do this for me know that I am aware of it doing it for you.