Design Features you would Like to see in the ELR RTA!

OK guys. The Aromamizer design is complete, right down to the pin screw. Here are some screen shots…

First, the atomizer

Bottom view of the atomizer

Internal cutaway view of the atomizer

6 Likes

Wow …ten characters

1 Like

That’s awesome :ok_hand:

So, were you able to remove that positive post? If so was it press fit as it seems to be in the cross section or threaded?

very very impressed with your work and looking forward to this!!!

1 Like

No, I couldn’t get mine apart either. I just designed what I assumed was there based on what would work. I am about 90% sure that what I designed is what it has to be based on what I could measure. Either way, that design would work.

After drawing this up I learned quite a bit. I really like the way the juice flows through this tank. The airflow can change though depending on how you insert the deck. I think the deck should have been timed with a tab so it always went in the same way. Maybe I’m over thinking it.

I will start on an actual tank design this week. It’s race season and work is going to be really busy. So keep the ideas coming if you have them and I will playing around with a few things over the next few days.

Thanks man.

One of the little annoyances I have with the Aromamizer is that to get the best vape and airflow, two of the air intake holes should be directly aligned with the coils. This is possible at no more than a quarter turn counterclockwise once screwing the tank down since there are 4 air holes. I would prefer the air intake either being movable or the deck be adjustable so that when the tank is screwed down all the way it’s aligned. Of course with the expansion/contraction of metal in various environments, a static setup most likely makes this impossible, but it would be great if I didn’t have to adjust this every time I screw the tank down or bump it between vapes.

A timing notch cut into the deck and a tab on the housing would solve this. Kinda like the Kanger Sub-Tank Mini V2 I think it was.

1 Like

The positive post shouldn’t touch the negative post/frame - Shouldn’t there be a spacer or something? ;D

1 Like

Lol, oh yeah. I forgot to change that. The peek was supposed to go all the way through. Good eye!

1 Like

Sitting at work on break… I am wishing I had brought my CAD file with me!

1 Like

I have been repeatedly saying Single coil or Dual coil option but please have a look at the method I used for building my Velocity Dripper in this thread
interesting-velocity-build

I think this means single coil dual coil problem solved but I have no idea if this would work other than by looking at your modeling pictures because I do not have one of the tanks you are using for this.

1 Like

At some point this week I’ll give your single coil Velocity build a try in my Aromamizer. I have a feeling leaving the AFC band off will not make it too airy as the build will inherently restrict airflow anyway. May be quite interesting the results…in a good way.

1 Like

By looking at the design that was kind of what I was wondering

I have no idea what any of you are talking about. It looks like magic!! For the AFC, to solve the single/dual problem, could something like the plastic top cap of the plume veil be implemented? It has offset grooves for air flow so you can have both open or just one and you can twist it so that only a little bit is open or the whole thing is wide open. Kinda hard to tell from the pic, but at the bottom you can kinda see the other indention. Sorry if this is stupid, I did mention I have no idea about any of this. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

very good idea

1 Like

We are designing an RTA. Maybe after I tackle this I will play with an RDA design. That should be rather simple. And yeah @JoJo, that is a good design for adjusting airflow from single to dual coil on a dripper. It becomes a little more troublesome on an RTA without having mechanical parts taking up valuable space inside an already cramped compartment. I think that is why the Aromamizer came up with their rubber band airflow control. The tanks is already busy enough without adding more moving parts to it. Which reminds me, I forgot to model that on there lol.

I will get back on this project soon. I have been bringing work home and it’s not showing any signs of slowing down. Race season is upon us (manufacturing side starts in December) and I’m busier than a rocker arm in an Indy car.

2 Likes

Could you not do something similar to the crown or STM AFC ring, just offset it like the PV cap or stick an extra slot in the AFC. All I have to compare is the two I mentioned, but it looks like on the crown there would be space for a slot perpendicular to the two that are on there. Sorry again if this is one of those things that “If ya know, ya know and if ya don’t, don’t try.” :wink:

1 Like

I will take a look at that and see if I can understand what you are referring to. Once I start designing this thing I will post screenshots as I go for ideas and changes. Should be a lot of fun!

1 Like

Just make the Crius again, but have the bottom part able to be taken apart. That is all i can think of for designing a new RTA.