Disappointed with Lost Vape

To be honest they’ve already given me an rma today. I was surprised how fast they responded.

4 Likes

I’ll keep you informed on how it goes

3 Likes

Totally missed this thread before but yeah, Lost Vape has gone downhill and I don’t even think they make DNA mods anymore.

Love the DNA250C and the DNA75C is a great board too. Never had any problems with my Therion DNA75C but a friend had to send his in for service. My Mirage DNA75C has been fine but I wouldn’t exactly say exceptional build quality. Paranormal 250C I really like but have to be careful to remove batteries when they get low, had it drain my batts so low idle that I had to dispose of them. Never had that problem problem with the 4 or 5 other DNA250C mods I have, only the Paranormal. @woftam posted a pic or a DNA250C board from a Paranormal and there soldering is atrocious, I suspect that is why my Paranormal exhibits that weird behavior.

I owned 3 Triades prior to them releasing the 250C version and passed on that one. Sold all my Triades due to paint issues, it flakes off just by looking at it. Went with the Think Vape Finder DNA250C instead and no paint issues at all and it gets used a lot.

It is too bad, at one time Lost Vape made some great products for reasonable prices. I wonder if it has to do with the 2 brothers who owned the company and there split. One was supposed to keep Lost Vape and the other Modefined but it doesn’t look like either is producing products like they did in the past.

5 Likes

As far as I’m concerned the Therion’s were the last quality mods they released. Got a Para for the c chip, sold it off in less than a month. Chip was great but the mod wasn’t for me.

5 Likes

I think there has to be something with certain 250c chips when there is a constant trickle drain, I have a Boxer with a 250c, and it also drained a set of brand new Samsung 20700 past the point of recharging, I looked for some kind of setting on evolve but never found anything, even tried different themes but nothing seemed to work. I would think that it should be a very small drain to keep the internal clock and settings, and have a few other DNA 250c mods but none of the other ones drain nearly as fast as the Boxer, that only took like a week of sitting idle, Hopefully some one knows what setting to fix it. Or maybe it just a fluke on some of the 250c’s

4 Likes

Is it the Boxer dual 20700 squonker that does that? If so just my luck, picked one up a couple weeks ago :flushed:

My G Class has drained a pair if batteries before, that took a lot longer than the Paranormal though. The only 2 mods I worry about, make that 3 if the Boxer I just got is guilty too.

I would definitely be interested if there is a setting as well we are missing but odd that my other C mods do not do that.

4 Likes

One of my detonators will drain a battery overnight even when turned off, so it’s not just DNA chips. My other detonator is fine.

6 Likes

Yes it is, Hopefully yours won’t do it. I was really excited about that mod but was pretty let down, the door is not the best fit, it is a bit of a challenge to get the bottle out to fill especially if keeping the batteries in, and there is something about the 510 threads that seem off. The boxer has found it’s way back in to the box, I also have the VTX 250c and has none of those problems, and was $150 cheaper, of course that one is dual 18650, I have the Drone 250c also while it doesn’t have the battery draining issue, the door is a bad design, it is always clicking out of place when sqounking, and there is a mystery juice leak, it gets pretty soaked in the battery tray. I really hope you have better luck with the Boxer and get a better Quality control.

6 Likes

Good to hear about the VTX 250C, may have to look into one. I do like the form factor but yeah, agree with the shortcomings you mentioned on the boxer dual.

I have 2 Boxers and think they are massively overpriced for what they are. I bought the dual 20700 boxer used for a price I could not resist but had to die it back to black as it faded like all Boxers eventually do. Used the process ginger vaper recommends, even they know they will all eventually fade, nature of the beast with a nylon 3d print even with the so called new fade resilient process.

On the Drone 250C yeah, it is not a worthy successor to the original Drone aside from the chip. I still like my original Drone a little more, it is a heavy bastard, but has better build quality. I still like the 250C version but it feels cheap and that wonky battery door is a pain.

@Letitia good to know about the Detonator, I have one but don’t use it often. I will have to keep an eye on it as I was planning on putting it back into the rotation.

6 Likes

I just want to say thanks to everyone I got my mod back today from evolv. These guys gave my mod nearly a complete over haul. New board, new battery compartment and casing. The only thing that wasn’t changed was the front panel. Also it was free besides me shipping it to them. So again thanks to everyone here and thanks to Evolv for bringing my trade dna200 back to life.

14 Likes

Which two screws are you referring to (there are 2 screws on the top {510 plate) and another 2 on the bottom. {I am talking about the GRUS mod} Twice now while vaping my fire button stuck and given that is not fast/easy to remove the battery screw, I just messed with the button until it unstuck. This is far from optimal as one time my cotton was burnt - it is also a safety hazard (I’m not positive the mod even shuts off at some time interval, like 10 seconds or so)
I bought two of these mods cause the sale was too good to be true, some time ago. I have only used one so far, and it is purely being used as a desk top mod.
Not really happy about this at all. - Please let me know in detail if you can how you took it apart and cleaned it up. The fire button is also a little hard to find sometimes when you aren’t thinking about it and are using it.
Thanks

2 Likes

This was on their latest triad mod. The three battery mod they put out a couple of iterations of. There was a faceplate over the fire button that could be removed by removing two screws. Sorry to hear about the Grus. Never taken one apart so I don’t know how to help.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. I had googled the issue and one of the suggestions for sticky Lost Vape fire button was this link. I realized after I had typed the question that you weren’t discussing the GRUS, but figured someone might know, or had this issue also.

I recall reading that some of the members here were swapping out the chipset on the Grus for a DNA chip, so maybe someone will spot this conversation and advise. Sorry to bother!

3 Likes

No way! Always a pleasure.

3 Likes

What the hell is wrong with this one? First it only goes to 100W which I bought this and a guar -21 both in boxes still almost new plus juggernaut2 profile mesh rda and a coil master mini all for $140.00
But this lost vape ursa sucks. I thought it would be.so good…n it.doesnt matter what I put on it , no power??! I like a warm vape n so far lost vape is failing me

2 Likes

Hard to say without putting it on a scope. If I remember right mine hit 100W but only with very low resistance coils, but that’s all mods.

3 Likes

Why do you need more than 100 watts? I have never run mine over 65 watt’s. Right now Im running 45 watts at .20 ohms. The negative I find on Grus is battery life on 21700. It get less than 200 puffs.

4 Likes

I have a Grus as well. I run it around 54w and around .10 ohms. I also have found the battery life to be the lowest of any 21700 mod I own. However, I do like the form very much.

6 Likes

I may in the minority, but I am not a fan of anything Lost Vape. All their squonk mods have leaked around the 510 pin down into the mod, or the hose inside the mod itself would get tiny cracks and leak. They seem underpowered and their buttons suck! I feel they are overpriced POS…A lot of them DO look nice, but for me, that’s where it ends. I won’t ever buy another LV product.

5 Likes

Yeah, the battery life is poor but it seems to read ohms and put out a fairly accurate wattage/voltage. I run mine in voltage mode (I don’t like that the screen doesn’t tell you the corresponding wattage {an oddity) in voltage mode).

• I kind of like the feel of it for a desk mod and if using it at 50-60 watts/3.5-3.7 volts it lasts close to 300 puffs with Molicell P42 and a little longer with the Lishen 21700’s I have.
    -The fire button sticking sporadically though sucks big time.
2 Likes