DNA200 (and others) resistance lock problems

Ops i meant the boreas is my go to great rta no problems

2 Likes

Itā€™s actually my fault. I misread your post. Like you Iā€™ve never needed lock the resistance on the Boreas. It runs flawlessly for a good while with Ti builds.

2 Likes

@Naseschwarz after reading the thread I have to askā€¦the profiles youā€™re using in your modā€¦where did they come from?

The only thing I can think of is the TCR profiles for the various metals. If those are off then it reasons youā€™ll have poor performance.

Of the 6 DNAs I own, none fail to work flawlessly with TC using any wire for which Iā€™ve imported a profile. If Iā€™m not mistaken, the newest Escribe has profiles already packaged with them, including Kanthal (not a TC profile) and those work well too.

I would suggest taking it to a vape shop for a once over, but I find most of the vape shops around here anyway donā€™t know squat about TC or DNAs.

4 Likes

Howā€™s it going that a big plus with the DNA device
If you find someone using same mod in TC problem free you can request that they send you their setup by email I use opus DNA 200 and 250 sp2 5 once loaded on to another opus DNA 200 or set up for 250 it work exactly the same as mine does. It is a clone of my mod Just back up your original set up first and obviously make sure the batteries are the same milliamp. No need to have someone do it for you

Yup, just did that before posting this thread. I was hoping thatā€™d fix it.

Good idea. Butā€¦ three mods with the same faulty construction? I hope thatā€™s not it, if it was Iā€™d be quite disappointed with ThinkVape, LostVape and HCigarā€¦

Thatā€™s what I did first (and always do after a new build, getting a bit paranoid). The resistance seems to rise smoothly in any case. I used to have massive temperature jumping but using thicker wire fixed that.

I tried ca. 10 atties, give or take. All the same issue. Imagine how much wire I wasted on this :persevere:

As a precaution, I only use atties with solid center pins and as few as possible screwed parts. Those can mess up your signal stability.

Thatā€™d be really nice! Iā€™m using a HCigar VT75, Therion BF and a Panzer DNA200. Any takers?

No worries! Iā€™ll post over at their forum soon.

Another good lead! My material profiles come from various sources.
The profiles in my Panzer are from sources I forgotā€¦ itā€™s been a whileā€¦ However, I tried the ā€œstandardā€ ones and my downloaded ones with the same results. Oh wait, I think I got them from steam-engine.
My Therion uses the profiles that came pre-loaded in it. Theyā€™re pretty recent, I suppose.
My VT75 uses the same profiles as my Panzer, I think.

OK, maybe I should reload/switch my profile to narrow it down!

To-do list for myself:
1) switch material profiles
2) monitor for irregular resistance rise
3) post at evolv-forumā€¦

Cheers! Your help is much appreciated! :grinning:

1 Like

I can send you my vt75 settings to try

http://uploadfiles.eu/jm6gcwu21e8l/rt5a_vt75.ecig.html

2 Likes

Excellent! Many thanks!:relaxed:

2 Likes

http://www.djlsbvapes.com/dna200/

Halfway down the page is setting for the panzer.

also dont forget to backup current settings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

By chance have you noticed this happening more when the temps are low as in working outside?
I remember having a bad time with Titanium a couple of years ago during winter.I was having to do some work in a warehouse that would barely get above 40 degrees Fahrenheit / 4 degrees Celsius.
The cold temps would play havac on T/C when I would change my ambient temperature.
Other than the mentioned wire profiles I havenā€™t any clue.Hope you get it figure out!

I got my setting through Escribe itself, online downloading button. Tested and tuned the battery myself. :slight_smile: Running my old settings at the moment, trying to reproduce the problem. Panzer said 0.06 ohms. Installed the atty on my VT75, read 0.073. Weā€™ll see.

Never noticed that. I rarely take a setup thatā€™s not working exactly the way I want it to outside - canā€™t stand having vape problems (or carrying a second mod) while on the go. :relaxed:

I have noticed, however, that flavour is improved by cold weather - maybe because I enjoy a somewhat cooler vape and slow lung hit or MTL.

1 Like

Now thatā€™s the fun thing about tinkering - every time you set out to fix it, the problem just suddenly disappears, all the while making a fool of yourself. :smirk:
Been trying to reproduce the problem all morning and it just hasnā€™t worked yet. Ah, well then. Iā€™m sure it will happen again - just when I donā€™t expect it.:rolling_eyes:

take the tinkering out pics

first pic smok v8 same build not worth a dam second pic Borase top shelf same build same mod allmost same set up but the DNA250 200 or 75 can not work when the RTA is reading a .08 build at .1
the fist pic shows slow romp up the ohms are all over the place high power draw second pic wounderfull

1 Like

Glad it is working now but keep us up to date if you figure out what caused it.

1 Like

You referring to the TFV8? RBA deck?

If so, itā€™s little wonder the ohms are fluctuating. Most everyone whoā€™s used this has had the same issue. Personally I identified the problem as being the deck posts. They are press fit into the deck. You can hold the deck tightly in one hand and wiggle the posts with the other. On mine I do believe both of them moved, but without a doubt the negative one did. Sorryā€¦been a minute since I messed with it so canā€™t really remember.

In other wordsā€¦IMHOā€¦I would NOT used the RBA for the TFV8 to gauge anything, ever, in all of eternity. Itā€™s a POS.

2 Likes

Yep I got two of them sitting in my tackle box for next time I go Fishing. Smok TF v8 I am going to throw them overboard just thinking about the headaches I have had with them is enough to get me going I seen your post on one that fell apart and the Clone I have is actually better than the original one authentic

1 Like

My first response to you was, as the professor taught me in college, non sequitur. Iā€™m trying again :slight_smile: ā€¦

First, locking ohms doesnā€™t make for proper use of TC, at least not with the DNA mod. If you have a proper wire, a solid mod, a good build, and a stable 510, then ā€œproperā€ TC function happens when you, a-select the correct TC profile, b-put the atty on the mod when both are at room temperature (after first pressing fire with no atty attached), and c-setting the temp and watts desired. There is no need to lock the ohms. The mod will read the room-temp atty which sets the baseline. And it should maintain that baseline until the atty is removed.

Honestly I never understood the lock ohms feature in the first place. The only way it ever made sense was if you were out and about with an atty or build that was unstable and locking ohms would keep you in TC until you could get the problem fixed. Really if you donā€™t have any build or connection issues there should never be a reason to lock ohms. I never do and been using DNAs with TC for well over a year nowā€¦several of them.

I hope youā€™ll try it without locking ohms and see if you have the same experience.

2 Likes

I understand that feature now. After some thought, I noticed another pattern that might give clue to the real problem. All this time I was making my coils, testing them, running into the problem that the ohms changed after the first one or two sessions, then give up on the build, being frustrated. Now, it could be that I didnā€™t ā€œtuneā€ the wire enough before using it - like I noted in another thread, when I run the Ti build at low watts in power mode, only the centre two or three wraps change in colour. Perhaps this is the problem. :thinking:

So far, I couldnā€™t reproduce the problem on my VT75. Today Iā€™ll take the build back to my Panzer and see if the problem arises again.

To be honest with you, and this may sound like a smartass reply but I donā€™t mean it that way, I donā€™t understand what ā€œthe problemā€ actually is. Youā€™re entire point had to do with locking ohms. Yet I donā€™t know why you are even doing that. Here comes the smartass partā€¦wait for itā€¦

Seems the only mods that need the ā€œohms lockā€ thing are the ones that perform poorly with TC to begin with. The DNA is not one of those mods and I urge you to quit using the feature entirely and see what you think. If you have a solid build my money is on you having a fantastic vape. Just my two worthless pennies :slight_smile:

1 Like