Do Life and Health insurance companies consider vaping the same as smoking?

We steam dammit!

3 Likes

LMAO! Yes we do.

2 Likes

Do Life and Health insurance companies consider vaping the same as smoking?

Not yet, I would imagine as more research is carried out that could change, for example, if they find that vaping has significant harmful effects, it would make sense for them to take it into consideration.

4 Likes

Yeah we ATOMIZE! Not Smoke!
:grin:

2 Likes

Vaping is equivalent to smoking.

2 Likes

Welcome to ELR @AlexHuston, and yes, I believe you are correct. GO FIGURE, with the ā€œHarm Reductionā€ stats not withstanding LOL.

2 Likes

This question is pertaining to insurance. I know. My cardiologist doesnā€™t agree. He asked if I smoked and and I told him I vaped. He didnā€™t recommend I quit and he preferred I vaped over smoking.
His staff has turned over since he put a no smoking policy for employees. Any vapers were allowed to stay on.

6 Likes

Hi @AlexHuston :rofl:
Are you a smoker, vaper, or just gonna edit that post?

5 Likes

I just love it when ppl join ā€œ2 minutes agoā€ and immediately toss out negative comments. GFYS is what I say!

6 Likes

If I didnā€™t know better @D.Sims, I think @big_vapeā€™s detector, may have detected something ā€¦

5 Likes

I beg to differ. There is so much disinformation out there on vaping. Some people are haterā€™s of big tobacco and no interest in questioning the FDA and CDC and their studies. I see it every day in statements made by people on investment sites bulletin boards. Big tobacco is evil , Nicotine kills, Vaping will kill you.
This has been ingrained in peopleā€™s brain since the tobacco settlement.

3 Likes

Agreed @rcleven, but donā€™t forget all of the ā€œconfusionā€ regarding ā€¦

The centers for disease control and prevention (CDC) eventually all but acknowledged that e-cigarette deaths and lung disease had nothing to do with legal nicotine e-cigarettes.

4 Likes

I flagged the SHIT outta it. Give me a badge for it.

4 Likes

Here you are. Wear it with pride (the pride of a Lion of Truth)

4 Likes

It was flagged for inappropriateā€¦ I dont see why it inappropriate? Smoking is the same as vaping ! Either its their opinion or they are answerimg OPs question with a short and direct answer

If this was flagged as Spam then I would look to see if it was just 1 post and nothing else was read etc etc ā€¦

Inapproprite this is NOT

4 Likes

Like this;
STATS: 1 day visited < 1m read time 1 topic viewed 3 posts read

5 Likes

Yeah pretty slick of them to drop a one liner on a 5 YO thread, but if itā€™s okay with you then thatā€™s that :pray:

3 Likes

Hehe, that DOES kind of stand out a bit, hehe.

2 Likes

Not reallyā€¦I mean ya when your in the thread it stands out . When its flagged its just the post . When this was flagged there were about 4 or 5 other things flagged all were flagged for spam except for this one . This was flagged as inappropriate . When i looked at the flag and seen ā€œinappropriateā€ it came off like it was being flagged because person was saying Smoking is the same as Vaping which always pisses people off. No links , no follow up with links , and a couple people replied and welcomed the person . The 2 people who replied to the person are 2 members who usually catch spam and flag it.

3 Likes

Yes ,exactly like that ā€¦So if it was flagged as Spam and NOT inappropriate i would have looked at that immmediately

3 Likes