Does anyone have devices, or mods that you can't believe still work?

Looking through my mega stash of old equipment, and came across a few Provari’s, and some Phiniac naked tanks (still have a case of Boge cartos for them), and a few iStick 30w, and although battle-scarred, still working.

Any of you have older equipment, that you just can’t believe are still working ?? Figured I’d post this, as it is the opposite of the normal, “I can’t believe this broke already” threads, hehe.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I will say I think they used to make stuff better back in the day, kinda funny that the old stuff can take more abuse and keeps rocking yet the new stuff that is way more expensive breaks the first time you stand up and forgot your mod was in your lap!

2 Likes

Yeah I have to agree. I only have/had/have 2 Phiniac tanks with the stainless caps. I have dropped them hundreds of times, and they just don’t break. Using the original o-rings at that. The Provari hasn’t fared quite as well, but still works LOL. I still use the Phiniac tanks daily as a MTL, high NIC, leak-less power vape. Even though cartos, yes cartomizers, suck compared to pretty much about EVERY possible new design, I came across someone unloading a case of original Boge 3.0 cartos, and I couldn’t pass it up. Nice lil’ apocalypse rig.

1 Like

Gotta love the stealth vape stuff, sometimes you’ve gotta get your nic fix and just can’t get away!

1 Like

Hehe, you know my ride !!!

2 Likes

This got me thinking. I still have my Innokin 134 Mini. My first device. Haven’t used it in ages. Found some 18350s. Charged them. Threw them in. Put a Nautilus on, haven’t used that in ages, and presto…damn thing still works. This set up got me off the cigs so I’ll always have a place in my heart for it.

3 Likes

I have a lost vape triade with the DNA 200, it’s not that old but the guy that gave it to me had it rolling around in the floorboard of his truck for 6 months and he drove like an asshole lol, since I’ve had it the poor thing has been knocked off a waist high table by my dogs at least 3 times, there is no paint left on it, the battery strap broke, and the battery door barely holds on lol but it still works great!

3 Likes

Reuleaux RX200

Not advertised but after some serious on-site testing it was built for jobsite use.

Except for the glass but not as much as you would think . Only went thru 2 maybe 3 replacement glass for the tank. This mod went were I went .
Plumbing under a house needed fixed this went.
Roof needed fixed it was in my tool bag ( believe it not the glass didn’t break when it fell.)
Running electrical in the attic it sat in insulation…

Just in case your wondering. Insulation honestly tastes better than dirt under a house…

Less than 2 yrs old and still ticking… this is a mans mod.

I like smok’s gx2/4 but to be honest it failed on site testing…
Week 2 . 2 battery mode. door has repeated problem. Mainly use this in 4 battery mod.

Final verdict this mode as a delicate flower. And must be treated as so.

2 Likes

She is still kicking. My go to work mod.

1 Like

I still bust out the iPV4s. My first mod, been through hell and back many times. Used it last week actually. Laisimo L1 has also been beaten to hell and keeps ticking along. Neither one should be working for what I’ve put them through. I better get that much from my Punk.

For attys, it’s easily the Iron Maiden. Daily use for over a year and still like new.

2 Likes

I have a istick Pico maybe a year and a half and it still works fine. Many of my friends suggest to sell it or give it to someone else, but i just love it, it fits perfectly in my hand.

2 Likes

i have a kangertech NEBOX my first subohm device ( i think ) lol

3 Likes

unfortunately all my old equipment was trashed… lol
no device or whatever has been able to survive in my hands for more than a year :stuck_out_tongue:
anything it had an internal battery just died because of battery cycle…
some others died by trying to learn how to bungee jump (without a rope) :stuck_out_tongue:
some others were glitched some time later…
i stoped using some because they were replaced by others but they’re not so old anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a Pico over a year old. One time I threw it onto the concrete with all I had, I was freaking blazing angry at the time, the Pico just laughed at me and continues to deliver day in and out

5 Likes

I have a ProVari Mini2.5 that I need to get button tops for. I want to build a higher ohm coil and fire her up again.

3 Likes

Yeah, its pretty fucked up really…its called planned obsolescence

Planned obsolescence is a purposefully implemented strategy that ensures the current version of a given product will become out-of-date or useless within a known time period. This guarantees that consumers will demand replacements in the future, thus naturally supporting demand. In some instances, this can even motivate multiple sales of the same object to the same consumer. Obsolescence can be achieved through introduction of a superior replacement or a product design meant to cease proper function within a specific window, or by cultivating desirability of new versions over older ones.

Read more: Planned Obsolescence What Is Planned Obsolescence? How Strategy Works and Example

3 Likes

Yeah the iPhone is a prime example of this. Spoon feeding the tech. Oh look new iPhone!!! It has one new thing!!! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I like my smartphone but my 100€ Xiaomi will do

2 Likes