Does ELR need some necessary changes?

Where are the fucking dolphins and sarcastic undertones?!

2 Likes

Damn man. That reply was really great. I wasnā€™t going to read through this thread. But I have time to kill so yeah. That basically says it all man. The majority of my time here has been spent in awe of the simple grown-up conversations that take place. Every other forum is 90% blah blah blah. But things are drastically different here. So for the majority of the people here, the riff raff that does come our way is like a jealous turd of a child smearing his shit sandwich on the side of our Humvee as we drive over his house in low gear.

11 Likes

Ok, Iā€™ll biteā€¦
I am like most others here. I really donā€™t care if I have good or bad ratings. I prefer they are at least honest, whether good or bad. So I agree we could use some sort of monitor on the recipe side. But donā€™t give up on ELR man. I have been a forum junkie since the days of the BBS (1980ā€™s for you youngsters). I am not sugar coating a damn thing when I say there is a different class of people here. Give it time and I promise you will see it too. But go right ahead and hang on the other sites too so you get a really good idea of what I mean. My fam here could all move to a site completely against my morals, religion. beliefs etc. Iā€™d follow :wink:

12 Likes

@SteamRoom Seems like a cool person, I think if anything there is a misunderstanding, a misunderstanding we can resolve peacefullyā€¦

Saying that, ELR is FULL of the most realist DIY guys/gals I have ever wished to meet, if anyone needs to know anything about e-liquid DIY, ELR is THE PLACE to be right nowā€¦

8 Likes

Ha! The days of 300 baud huh. You old fart! :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah, I can remember drooling over the 1200 baud modems in the magazines. Just think how fast thatā€™s gonna be!

3 Likes

What is yā€™alls ICQ handle? :laughing:

Oh i had a 5 digit one no idea what it is now so long since i used icq

1 Like

Uh oh!

I can still hear that sound.

Oh icq the memories. Going back a little further I still remember when my dad bought home the first commercial portable computer (well the first one available in AU) . It was about 1982 it has TWO disk drives yup you read it right TWO.

3 Likes

1st time I have quoted myself (me thinks), but maybe I should have read past the first dozen replies before making such a statement!

4 Likes

I canā€™t remember my first - it was 4 or 5 digits - I forgot the password and had to make a new one - that one I remember 4113352 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I would throw my name in the hat for this, I have a lot of time on my hands. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hah! Mineā€™s always been Tenfifty :slight_smile: But I canā€™t for life of me remember my number, 5 digits I think, maybe 6.

But I do remember playing Airwarrior on Genie way back in the day, getting charged by the minute and getting yelled out for outrageous phone bills. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was 42269241. I remember that from almost 20 years ago now? Geez! Thanks for reminding me how old I now am :smiley:

2 Likes

Me too (and I live in South Africa).

1 Like

Also it appears the poor chap wound up in a hornets nest from hell. Best bunch of DIY folks ever

3 Likes

Hornets nest from hell it might be, but we are a bunch of really nice devils :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Absolutely right. Always honest, always helpful, everyone gets along, really is a very fine place to be. @daath is getting a donation today for setting up our lovely recreation room.

4 Likes

If you do, might also be worth considering mods from different parts of the world and time zones, so more chance of a mod being online when needed.As this is such a 24hr worldwide forum now

i.e 1 from America, 1 from Europe and 1 from Asia and Pacific.perhaps.

4 Likes