Doomsday Preppers - FDA Deeming Regulations Fallout

I still say if the :poop: hits the fan, we all go in together and buy some land (preferably an island), set up a farm for food and tobacco for nic extraction, and a machine shop to make hardware like RBAs and tanks. :wink:

15 Likes

You can buy argon kits on amazon to fill the remain space with argon instead of oxygen, they are used in wine making. This is the one i use.

5 Likes

I am in for that

2 Likes

ā€¦donā€™t know about thatā€¦could turn out ugly!

8 Likes

This may indeed work for you. For many of us though making things may not be an option. So while my prep kit may not be for everyone, I would think it might be perfectly suitable for many. Iā€™ve never been much for mechanicals and while things are still cheap and easily obtainable, what sort of mech mods would you or anyone else recommend? I personally would want to avoid any with a locking ring.

2 Likes

Hehehe, call it Vapor Island. :slight_smile: You can spot it well past the horizon for all the clouds in the sky around it.

6 Likes

My meds are not working correctly so if i post some off the wall stuff please forgive me, and ignore it.

1 Like

Mods with variable wattage voltage are made by diy everyday. There is info all over youtube for it. The parts used wonā€™t be outlawed because they are used in alot of applications.
Iā€™ve made several mechanical mods. Iā€™m not a fan of them, but if itā€™s all I could get, Iā€™d be fine with that.
The first one I made was the puck, it used 4 aa batteries. There are alot of options. Anyone can learn to solder, and youtube will tell you the rest.

3 Likes

Dont worry @SthrnMixer, they arent going to shut the internet down or break this forum up. I could have a decentish TC mod designed in fairly short order and their are plenty of machinists or near machinists (me) that can get the mechanicals done. Iā€™m not too worried about mod hardware, but attys are a little more difficult in low volumes.

Not that I am saying you should change your plans at all. You do what you want. Its a solid plan.

4 Likes

Preparedness is just a way of life in the parts I live in and has been forever.
1= none and 2=1
I see things this way, while everything is still readily available I am planning to get a few velocity clones and some more tanks to put back. Trying to get to a point that I have several TC mods put back not being used as well.

At my current level of use I have enough nic to last 1 year now and I am almost at 0 nic now so ainā€™t going for anymore nic and will be at 0mg by choice by the time I run out.

In a true poo hits the fan scenario vaping is going to be my last priority in life

ļ€‚

ļƒ‰

1 Like

Thatā€™s probably true for everyone. But the poo hitting the fan here is only the govā€™t interfering, not the zombie apocalypse.

Iā€™m telling you man, if they do what theyā€™re planning to do, there will be a lot of folks wanting gear and juice. I talk to folks about it and for the most part they treat me like Noah. I hope theyā€™re right and Iā€™m wrong.

3 Likes

I understand and to be honest I think what we are looking at really will come down to Nicotine becoming very expensive or not available in concentrated form without a license.

Hardware as we know it will just become Taxed BIG time

The .gov folks are not going to pass up the cash cow they have in front of themā€¦

Prepare the best you can now and ride the storm out but truthfully I donā€™t think it is any more than a scare tactic now and taxed to the max in the end.

EDIT: Government funded studies cost money and big tobacco and big pharmaceutical reap the rewards /money and Big government is going to make us pay that bill thru TAX

2 Likes

What are you basing that on? As it stands now, FDA seeks to have new items sent in for approval, and the last I knew that meant things made after 2007. That would effectively eliminate basically everything we use today. I know there is talk of grandfathering but until thatā€™s approved, all of it is on the chopping block.

2 Likes

This is your scare tactic getting the vaping community prepared for the worst

This is the GIANT door they will open to slap big big tax on this.

1 Like

I hope youā€™re right. And you may well be. But at the same time I firmly believe the government is in bed with tobacco and pharm to the degree they are willing (and likely) to squash the e-cig industry entirely. I know Iā€™m repeating myself, but the problem is the segmentation of the industry. With nothing uniting all the various manufacturers of ecig components, liquid and all the rest, thereā€™s no power anywhere except with big tobacco. I suppose weā€™ll see. In the meantime Iā€™ll get myself prepared for the worst because I have every intention of fogging up my living room when they do whatever theyā€™re gonna do.

As for getting the vaping community prepared for the worst, I really donā€™t think the fed gives a shit if theyā€™re prepared. They just want them back smoking.

1 Like

Something I live by in life for sure

Or just want to get the tax revenue back they are losing

1 Like

This site never ceases to amaze me. Philosophers and mad scientists! Iā€™m quite impressed that even with the difference of opinion you handle it passionately but respect and dignity. Hats off fellas.

10 Likes

Have you ever submitted a product for FDA approval? Me neither. I donā€™t have that kind of loot and few do. The ones that do are ohā€¦the drug companies, the big tobacco companies, manufacturers of medical equipmentā€¦etc. I think the big picture here is that once the ā€œvaping cottage industryā€ is dead and buried that major tobacco companies and drug companies start submitting their version of ā€œproper and safe FDA approvedā€ vaping products. If this goes through the landscape of vaping will be changed forever in this country.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I believe is happening.

1 Like

It is what makes ELR THE best site and vaping related forum on the web. The people here are respectful of one another and understand that it is ok to have a differing opinion. We are all different and from different backgrounds. Some of us are even from different solar systems I suspect LOL. We agree to disagree, understand that it is ok and normal to and conduct ourselves accordingly.
Nanu Nanu!

EDIT: If we where all the same, it would be boring as hell. hehehe

8 Likes