Downgrading Schmuck Alert!

If anyone, newcomer or otherwise, is genuinely wanting to rate a recipe they’ve tried then they wouldn’t mind some kind of rules. It’s only the jackass who simply wants to throw eggs at your house who would mind something like leaving a comment for their vote to register.

I despise Reddit. For the most part it’s the turds who sit at the back of the school bus.

3 Likes

I’m not saying I’m against any rules. I even think you should be required to post a comment with any rating. I just think this seems punitive, substantive is quite subjective.

I know the intent is good, but I fear the real world implications would be perceived differently. Again just my two cents. I do respect your opinion though.

3 Likes

Roger that. And I respect your opinion too my brother. Always.

5 Likes

doing the same five stars

1 Like

I agree with that, it is totally subjective, just like taste. People with a huge online base of followers will get their recipes rated favourably, even when they produce assjuice, while others without the followers might produce a really tasty juice and get no ratings at all. I’m talking people who make Youtube video’s and such. Imagine RipTrippers posting a recipe online, his followers would flock to it no matter what he put in there. “Their God” made something, it must be good!

[quote=“SthrnMixer, post:122, topic:23192”]
like leaving a comment for their vote to register.
[/quote]A jackass will have no problem with leaving a nasty comment alongside the downgrading, that’s just what they do. It will just clutter up the site with negativity. I think the jackasses on this site are a minority and it would be a shame to implement all sorts of rules and regulations because of a handful of jerks. It might be exactly what they are aiming for, restricting the free flow of information between people who know the meaning of respectful discourse. Way too much credit for scum like that!
Delete and ignore seems the best answer to :hankey:

6 Likes

You can delete comments on your own recipes. I think it is working OK the way it is. As long as you check your ratings regularly and report any malicious activity.

3 Likes

I know that, but I’m afraid mandatory comments will mean an increase in trolls commenting and not everybody is capable of shrugging off negativity and these things tend to fester in peoples minds even after they’ve been deleted.

[quote=“LordVapor, post:127, topic:23192”]
report any malicious activity.
[/quote]That seems to be working fine since we have a downgrading schmuck alert :wink:

5 Likes

It appears my schmuck is back at it and downgrading my popular recipes. Of course this piece of shit doesn’t have any recipes of his own or by the looks of it, a life of his own but I wanted to give ya a heads up.
User srgaudio…don’t take him seriously, his mommy never showed him enough love as a child…

7 Likes

Yup… another is Haineko

5 Likes

I have an idear to combat these jerks. It would be a gross but funny misuse of power. Any schmuck that comes here and does that @daath alters their profile to something more appropriate, then gives control of the schmucks account to the offended member to have their way with the account. I would be praying for schmucks to rate my recipes :smiley:

1 Like

He has lots of private recipes, adapted ones of the ones he downgraded as well, from November, so there’s actually a chance he mixed it, steeped it and tried it… He only rated one of your recipes 1 star, another one 5 stars and your joke recipe 1 star (but I don’t count that)… He looks pretty legit to me, although I don’t see how it deserves 1 star :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Don’t you think he misunderstood it, and thought it was a recipe?

It’s possible he didn’t read the notes and comments I suppose.

This guy, Mordred, is one starring me as well.

Which recipe?

Edit: Oh, Sugar Rush. What a douche.

His account doesn’t appear to be active any more.

3 Likes

I don’t think you can see all his ratings unless either you are Lars, or if he’s posted a public recipe. Regardless, @Mordred is a donkey and makes me wish we could block certain people/IP addresses!

There has to be some way to stop this “one star sniping”

1 Like

Unless someone has a static IP, that is something easily changed.

1 Like

I’m just wishful thinking I suppose. There really is no way to stop someone from making Alts or whatever and messing with someone.

You can, but if they don’t have public recipes, it’s “hard” - that is, you have to know the URL:

The 1-stars are gone - noone can truly despise those recipes :stuck_out_tongue: I could accept 2-3 stars, but that just seems spiteful :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks Lars… These types of things must be annoying you more than us.

4 Likes