ELR Mixing Contest II (LIVE)

FLAVORAH 5x5 RECIPE CONTEST

RECIPE CRITERIA…

• Must be all FLV concentrates and be a New recipe, any profile, we are looking for the best recipe overall
  • Contain a minimum of 5 flavors, *not including additives / enhancers (Sweetness / Ice / etc.)
  • Total flavor + additives cannot exceed 5%
  • Flavor concentrates must be currently available at BCF, Nomz, or Gremberry
    (Keep steep times in mind as judges will test each mix at 5 day steep )

Recipe Submission requirements:

• Recipes must be submitted by March 31st, 5pm PST
  • Submit recipe to one of the judges through ELR private message
  • ALL recipes must be tagged in the title: #elrmixingcomp2
  • Contestants must post a reply in this thread
  • Recipes must be kept private until Winners are announced
  • Only 1 recipe entry allowed , once recipe is entered it is final. Judges will be mixing early entries to speed things up.

Recipes will be judged on:

• Use of ELR calculator functions
  • Description / Notes
  • Accuracy
  • Originally
  • Overall Taste

Winning Recipe:
This time there will be awards for the top 3 recipes! Plus 3 random winners drawn from all remaining entries!
Winners will be announced on May 1st

• 1st place: $100 cash via paypal or zelle

• 2nd place: 15 FLV flavor concentrates (of choice) courtesy of Flavorah

• 3rd place: $25 Gift Certificate from BCF (or Nomz)
    (First Place winner will have choice of prize #1 or #2, remaining prize will go to 2nd place then 3rd place)

• 3 random mixers from all remaining recipe submissions will win a $25 Gift Certificate courtesy of Bull City Flavors

Submit private recipes to @fidalgo_vapes, @Ken_O_Where, or @Rocky02852. Only need to submit recipe once, we will consolidate all the recipes in one area behind the scenes…

Any recipe shared before winner announcements will automatically be disqualified.

A huge shout out and a big thank you to @Flavorah Bryson and BCF @wllmc and @Drew1 for prizes and support

25 Likes

Nice job on the announcement Fiddy :+1:

Mixers, please place close attention to the contest rules / criteria as you are only allowed 1 entry. Good luck to all and happy mixing !

18 Likes

:dancer::dancer::dancer: Thank you Fiddy, Ken and Rocky!

10 Likes

Yay new contest. This is gonna be hard because i actually dont use much flavoroah Rocky gonna like mine because mine ls def gonna have milk n honey in a flv comp

10 Likes

You dont have to use much …Min 5 flavors (not including sweetness /ice etc) Max 5pct overall

8 Likes
10 Likes

Thank you Rocky , I almosy forgot about your beautiful image …lol

Any questions feel free to ask…I know this will be out of people comfort zone , it is the goal …I believe to keep mixing fun we need to be challenged. So many great mixers that we have to make thing a bit tough.

10 Likes

Never met a Flavorah that didn’t need a minimum of two week steep. Guess it’s even though if everyone is tested at five days.

8 Likes

Im the opposite i feel FLV flavors arr pretty quick steepers…Ive always been able to jusdge my recipes after a dsy or 3 especially all flv …Put you guys recommended steep times if we arent getting good results at day 5 we will revisit , Deal ??

9 Likes

Na! 5 days is good. No deposit no returns.

10 Likes

Good becsuse you wrre about to mess up our 5x5 challenge…

11 Likes

Mmm very interesting this will definitely be quite a bit of a challenge. Seeing that I only have two Flavorah flavors in stock. And I’ve never really used many of Flavorah’s flavors. This is gonna require some serious R&D. Then purchasing of some materials. Good Luck everyone!!!:+1:

10 Likes

Yup. I have very few as well. I have 11 and pray the recipe works on the 1st attempt. :joy:
Good luck all! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

hmmmmmm I have around 5-10 flavorah I think lol. Let’s see what I can do. Good luck everyone and thanks again for the contest.

9 Likes

I never thought NOT having FLV would be the problem…The Pct and flavor totals was supposed to be the challenge :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

8 Likes

Maybe I’m just not remembering correctly (help! :laughing:) I think we all were talking about our excitement over the new Nomz SC, getting to use them soon, someone mentioning that maybe one of the contests would use only that brand, etc. Then someone (can’t remember who) mentioned that “we would never make people use only one brand”. Just wondering…am I remembering wrong? Thanks :blush:

8 Likes

I have plenty enough FLV and their tobaccos are fabulous, heehee. You’ll see me at the bottom of the list :rofl:

9 Likes

I beleive you are remembering wrong…We have had this in the works since December…There may be only 1 brand contests , there may be single flavor profile type contest ,example Best Cherry Recipe …We knOW that every contest wont please everyone and some people may have harder times than others. If you heard anything from YT panel they are usually just guessing.

9 Likes

Thx Fiddy. I figured there would be flavor profiles and such. I only remember (?) someone more recently made a remark regarding single flavor houses. I don’t know. If I see it I’ll post it. Otherwise this will definitely be a “challenge”. LOL! It’s like having leftovers in the fridge and ya just KNOW that some kind of meal can be made out of it all. Thanks again! :hibiscus:

9 Likes