Enough is enough...beware of gearbest!

I’ve thought about ordering from GearBest a time or ten, but whenever I went to order something just felt off. While I’m sorry that you’re going through this, I am grateful that you’ve posted your experience as they are now officially off of my radar.

I’ve ordered from other Chinese vendors before with no issues, save the ungodly wait times. The times that I was waiting for a month were completely my fault(Once ordered from efun a day before CNY, and had several items in an order from Fasttech that were listed as “Ships in 7 days” OOF!) I mostly use FT for random items that I can’t find stateside, like glass for my RTA’s that are no longer on sale with domestic sites and the occasional run of drip tips. They’re cheap and I’m broke, so the wait is worth the price.

4 Likes

Sorry you had a bad experience with this man. I hope you get it resolved and get some satisfaction.

BTW…I only counted 4 FUCKs, 4 SHIT’s, 1 ASSHOLE and 1 WTF.
You can’t be too mad then brother! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Sry that u had to learn the hard way that if it doesnt say Authentic chance are its not. I have never used them but after glancing at some products they do list the brand when authentic but didnt list anything w/ your product. They really should list things as a few others do by adding “styled” at least. Gl getting your $ back.

2 Likes

I’ll go out on a limb. SEY…that doesn’t make me think it’s a shenray produced clone. Besides I thought their clone pricing was a bit higher.

Grant though…I haven’t purchased from China for awhile now but when I did (one time) I made sure to select the shenray clone (Sherman rta) and the other popular maker of close to 1:1 clones.

Sorry for your pain.

Thanks to all who commented.

@anon28032772
“And I have to side with @eStorm a bit too. If you want to get something done from people, no matter how disappointed or pissed you are, you should watch the tone you speak to people, don’t offend people before they even had a chance to help you.”

Yes, I did write them when I was angry, but I believe I had (and still do) have every right to be.

When vendors start taking money AFTER they ship out goods, that’s a different story, but they don’t.

We have to pay in advance for a product, and hope that it gets delivered correctly, and if it doesn’t we’re supposed to ask that vendor for reimbursement nicely?! NOPE! Not me anyway. I expect to get what I paid for, if not, get ready for a loudmouthed angry asshole to start yelling.

After I wrote that msg, and opened a ticket. Their only response should have been “we’re very sorry about that, we will take care of it right away” period. It was not, so that’s why I posted this…

3 Likes

BTW, yes Shenray makes clones.

That’s why I’m even more pissed. They gave me a clone of a clone?!

5 Likes

I may be wrong, but I would not make that assumption. Especially on a site that everyone knows sells clones, and especially when you’re buying a clone to start with.

To me, SER refers to a third party (not a clone of a clone), just like SXK (another clone manufacturer), who made the most popular Hadaly clone, referred to earlier…

To make matters more confusing though, Gearbest DOES state ‘original ShenRay’ on some, but NOT SER evidently. As I found this when I searched to see if there are any tell-tale signs:

Also note the ‘style’ under the SER product on the bottom right!

I could not find any “original ShenRay v4” listed though.

So IMO, I think it’s iffy on both sides. Partly your fault for assuming SER = ShenRay, and partly theirs for linking/allowing authentic pics in clone (possibly unrelated brand) reviews .

I could understand SR v4. But why would they add an E to the abbreviation if it was the same manufacturer??

But regardless, I hope you both get it sorted out.

4 Likes

Well, no need to worry about it anyway. You are dealing with Orientals. You can scream, yell, have a fit and throw shit and they probably won’t notice. All that is perfectly acceptable and not noteworthy within their culture. Now had you quietly told them of how shameful their actions were and how shamed you were to have done business with them you might have upset the hell out of them. So fear not! You hurt no ones feelings.

5 Likes

^^^So much this!!!

You are absolutely right, I am partly to blame here, but again, so are they. It wasn’t that bad of an “assumption I made” considering ALL THE FREAKING PICTURES lol

Even then, I wouldn’t have made this post, I only did it AFTER this:

Ummmm, why?? because they’re so trustworthy? ^^^This is bullshit

1 Like

Wait a minute, 3 rights make a left, does a clone of a clone make it an original ?

7 Likes

It makes it a genuine and original to the actual 2nd/3rd manufacturer.

It does not make it a authentic to the actual “real” manufacturer/brand/inventer of the original product :wink:

So the answer is yes, it will be original and genuine to somebody, just not ShenRay lol

4 Likes

Touche @eStorm

I may LOOK confused, … but I’m not, … I don’t think …

http://i.imgur.com/xZ3Nxiv.gif

7 Likes

lol. yes the original is a Vapor Giant.

There are several Chinese companies that clone that tank.

I wanted the ShenRay version. I already have 1 and wanted a couple more.

They obviously know that its not an original Vapor Giant, so it’s not like I wanted an original.

I understand it’s difficult to tell who manufactured the clone, but based on the description “SER V4 styled RTA” and ALL the review pics were showing the exact item I wanted, I assumed that was what I would receive. Gee how stupid am i right?

So either their description is wrong,
or the reviews/review pics are wrong, but then those reviews would belong to a different tank/item on their site, no?? if not, then that would be misleading…:wink:

Either way I know I shouldn’t have assumed anything based on the pics, but the whole point was so that no one else makes the same mistake I did

1 Like

Could take a look at:
http://www.discountvapers.com/how-the-ecig-industry-works/

1 Like

I don’t see where it says:

“List an item for sale, and once payment is received, ship out something similar. If they complain, offer a partial refund”

1 Like

4 Likes

I came to the same conclusion. It’s not wise to read anything into an advertisement that is not there.

4 Likes

Well it’s not labeled as an ‘authentic’ because it is not an authentic Vapor Giant. It is in fact a clone, but not the clone manufacturer I expected as in the pictures…

I wouldn’t expect it to be labeled as an authentic tank because it’s not.

If they don’t list the manufacturer of the clones, then how are we supposed to tell the difference other than pictures?

2 Likes

The big tip off here is “style”. Style or styled = clone. If you didn’t know that before you do now.
I’m surprised they’re offering to help you at all. Really it’s up to the buyer to make sure he is ordering exactly what he wants. Actually I’ve bought more than one clone tank (on purpose) and usually had no problem with them. In most cases these are authentic over-runs. Maybe you got an clone of the authemtic instead of a clone of the clone. Maybe a clone of the clone would be better.

1 Like

@Chuckie333 ummm, did you see my post right above yours?

1 Like