European vapers: TPD compliant devices

That’s exactly the point, being prepared. I’m doing the same thing, buying a liter every month and I keep checking the shops for new gear.
How do you think it could be overturned one day? IME these things come to stay…

it was a legislation born in the EU, we aint EU any more, we agreed to keep the laws for now but there’s a still a chance it could be overturned in the near future, it’s a bullshit law, everyone knows it, and there are many people lobbying for it to be changed. My guess is that yes we will have laws and it does clearly need regulation, but I think the end result will be slightly more DIY friendly than it will be in May…just not for a while.

Is a freezer the best way to store nic in the long term?. I might need to invest in a small one just for that purpose if it is the case.

Definitely, I just went out and bought a second hand fridge freezer, I use the fridge for flavours and the freezer for nic 🖒

1 Like

That’s quite the set up there lol. Something small would suffice for my needs at present. Thanks for the info, gonna start hoarding now too :thumbsup:

1 Like

correct me if i am wrong. We get most of our hardware from China and I don’t think they give a flyin fart about tpd or any other acronym. Some items will be stopped at Customs but not enough to make a difference. I don’t really see things changing, whatever the US or EU does

2 Likes

So after some time off the forum i thought I’ll revive this thread to see how TPD changed the lifes of the european vapers. What’s changed for you guys? I don’t go into vape shops anymore since i have all i need for the next 5 years or so, hardware and liquids.
Are bigger tanks still available? What about the nicotine solutions? I bunkered 3 liters and haven’t checked recently. Is anybody using these nicotine boosters in the 10ml bottles?
Is it harder now for newbies to get what they need?
I’ve had a few queries if i could make some juice for other people but most of them are mtl users with eGo style devices, I don’t know any sub ohm users here in the UK.

In Germany it was harder anyway, in the small town i come from there aren’t any shops within a 25 mile radius and very few people vape anyway. Last summer I came along with my Crown1and people around me have never seen clouds like this before.

Oh and thanks to @Sprkslfly for reminding me, errrr dragging me back in again.

2 Likes

Hello? Anyone?

1 Like

Hello :laughing:

I don’t go into vape shops so I’m of no use to you really.

Nicotine shots are available at meagre strength. Not used them yet. Not cost effective compared to the 72mg/ml but still cheaper than buying stinkies would be.

Bigger tanks - I bought an Aromamizer Supreme from an online UK vendor and had no issues doing so.

Good to see you back :grin:

1 Like

Nothing has changed for me at all. They already implemented the 2ml tank and 10ml bottle in february 2015 in the Netherlands which was just around the time I started vaping.
I’ve ordered everything from China and made sure that I have enough gear so even if they would manage to stop it all at customs, I’m good.

Don’t get me wrong, I would be miffed if I couldn’t buy the next must have new tank that everybody is talking about but I do not need it.

Enough nicotine to last me a very long time and the basic VG/PG will never be a problem.
So all I need is some pipe tobacco, a jar and time :yum:

I feel sorry for the noobs though, they didn’t have any time to prepare but if they are smart, they can still get all the necessary supplies from China.
There are vendors in China willing to change labels on bottles of nicotine when asked.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear that nothing really changed then. I’m really happy with my Crown 1, my K1 for mtl so I’m open to suggestions but not really looking for new hardware.
As long as every smoker can still find what’s necessary and what we all had to stop smoking I’m OK with it. I was really worried they made it impossible with the reduced nicotine.
Bunkering nic juice was not necessary either by the looks of it. I just found quite a few shops still selling it.
I hate it when they introduce a new law and there’s no way to predict what we actually end up with. Like with fcking brexit. All singing and dancing and then when they tell us what’s really going to happen people wake up. Well, or they don’t.
[/rant]

1 Like

imho hardware isn’t really a big problem…
high watt mods will still be on sale as we know them… unless a country has made a stricter rule about it…
nicotine boosts etc are probably something that we will miss (nic boosts or ready made nic bases of big amounts and/or higher nic than 20mg)

for the part of tanks etc… i guess companies will make expander kits like nautilus X (expander set that makes it 4 ml), Govad RTa comes in default with a removable plastic thing inside that keeps it at 2 ml, when removing it becomes 4ml, etc…ello 25" comes with a spare glass and becomes 4ml too… i don’t know the future of all this stuff but i guess in near future we will see tonz of these things for most tanks,

1 Like