Facebook groups and the rating system

Many people had tried the recipe before it went public and some people like us two had the recipe itself.

I mean, 3 of us 5 who write to this thread :slight_smile:

This is too funny! I think we’re going to have to settle this with guns LOL.

4 Likes

To be fair a lot of the top rated recipes are either old when there were not so many or are by people from groups or with youtube channels etc etc…the whole thing is scewed regardless of people being bitches with voting. The only shame is it means there are some great recipes that are not so easy to find as they dont get the exposure that other peoples do. I have found a lot of the recipes top rated I have tried not that great and others not even rated by anybody really good, it is subjective really though

3 Likes

/me grabs the 100mg Nicotine bottle and throws it on cooper1’s face

(guns are not allowed in Greece. so my nicotine is the best weapon i have nearby at the moment)

4 Likes

It was a joke man, I hope that you jest also.

4 Likes

Most top-rated recipes were made when people used to vape with ciga-likes and such. Most of them are not even vapable in a modern dripper. They might be gems of their time but they are not good recipes by today’s standards. The way ELR works it is impossible to fix this issue. The so-called “Greek Wave” underlined the problem, it is not the problem itself. There are some amazing recipes on ELR that stand no chance to reach the top page the way ratings are calculated.

6 Likes

Just for you guys who haven’t checked the FB page. It’s legit. It’'s similar to if any popular mixer were to post a new recipe and everyone up voted it.

Imagine of someone like Rip Trippers started sharing recipes on ELR and putting the link on his Youtube videos. Suddenly we have a recipe with several thousand 5 star votes in no time at all. It’s not that far-fetched that someone else can have a similar effect within another group.

It’s an inherent problem in any voting system. And not one that’s easily fixed, else it would have been fixed many many years ago. Popular people get voted to the top, that’s simply how voting works.

I don’t honestly believe that this is some sort of conspiracy to make this groups recipes take over the top spots on ELR. It’s simply people voting for the people and recipes that they know. It could come from any group, and definitely will happen more in the future as this scene grows.

Right now it seems as if some of the long term members here at ELR feel like the site has been invaded, and I honestly can see why you feel that way to an extent. But on the flip side it’s a blessing that such a large group would see this site as a good resource to share their recipes on. That is after all the entire purpose of this site. So to take that and make it into something bad goes against everything ELR was built for.

One way to find out if all these votes are legit is for a site admin to do some simple IP address tracking from the people placing these comments/votes. Do you see many accounts from the same IP address? definitely ballot stuffing and should be blocked. And that can be said for any recipe on the site. Not just the ones in question.

Just my .02

Happy Monday everyone!

14 Likes

of course I’m joking too bro…
do you really believed that I would waste my nicotine on you? :joy::joy::joy:

No I’m really kidding man.:slight_smile:
and i am really happy talking to you all…
well… not all cause there was some dudes calling us clowns and people with low self esteem etc :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Oh my friend, you are wrong! This is the work of evil space aliens trying to take over the planet and turn the human race into Soylent Green. All evil space aliens know that elr is the center of the universe so they must gain control of the juice database to complete their mission. This is seventh seal stuff!!! Prepare for the end!!!

7 Likes

Peace Greece! Very impressive what you guys are doing there! Great work.

I believe this is a natural thing to happen. I mean, enyawreklaw posts anything and it seems to immediately get unconditional love and high star votes obviously from his diyordie people. Not his fault, and im not saying his recipes dont or do deserve it. Its just a by product of having a large following. These guys in Greece are saying though at least hundreds of people have tried these recipes before they go public. I believe they do see how it would be perceived as shady but i think they properly explained their situation.

Definitely got to have a more recent popularity system, which i know is being worked on. Lars and all you admins are saints, i love this place.

I have voted a couple of the highest rated recipes very low, imo, like 3 stars, basically because i was so annoyed that all i read was positive comments and then i mixed and it just wasnt very good at all. Of course these are recipes from over 2 years ago. Just being honest. We all know the flaws and how hard it is to have a fair working system.

10 Likes

Just to explain what trandism says:

2017-10-23 16_05_21-e-Liquid Calculator __ DIY Lemon Pie ejuice

I have this recipe (and I am not the only one) private in ELR (admins can check if my printscreen is legit), 1 week now and I have it in my personal notes since October 9th. My rating was given some moments after voodootroll published the recipe here. So is my rating a fake one? assuming that I never mixed it and tasted it?

As above is said by fellow members of the group, we are 9000+. First of all, some of us had the recipe in our hands weeks ago, so we have an opinion for this, also, 80/9000+ is less than 1% of our group, and if there was a systematically urge for “boost” recipes you would see 300-400 ratings in 30 minutes or so…
Our group has nothing to gain from 5 stars in ELR, realy. What’s the point? This group has as a purpose to spread and share the knowledge around DIY, to help people be better in mixing. We have 2 HUGE guides in pdf format one for starter things and one more advanced and till now I never found such knowledge about e-juice DIY gathered in one guide.

Peace guys, we dont want to abuse anything. We just mix, vape and share, maybe some members (not only from our community) be enthusiastic when a good mixer shares a new recipe or by the hype of the recipe profile (like this one mentioned above) and give insta 5* but even to this, we are not able, as a community, to do something…
Sorry for my bad english…

3 Likes

I suppose the only way to judge it properly, is too mix it yourself. So I have, as per recipe for Lemon Tart V4. No notes in description, so I am assuming a 2 week steep would be beneficial. Although some of the comments suggest this is a SnV. Personally not sure how the meringue flavour would be able to develop or come through in a couple of hours against a 4.5% biscuit/biscotto base?

Also mixed Lemon Swiss Roll Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Filling recipe, as it uses an interesting combination of flavours in my view. Hopefully it will work? I will give it a 2 week steep as mentioned in the notes with this one also.

4 Likes

Hey people im one of the clowns mentioned . Im here with my recipes and the only reason i uploaded the recipe here is that i think it will help people have a good all day vape . Please try it out . Im the owner and admin of the largest DYI group in greece with over 9000 members . That means i have some folowers even if i dont like the rating system i cant prevent them from voting . Note here and its very important that my recipe is hard tested very long ago from a lot of trusted people in my group before i post it . Lets get passed this recipe and lets talk about the Vape Alchemists mixing group , unfortunalty we are a greek group and that restricts other poeple on language , thats why we are ready to release a discord chat that will accomodate english speaking people to enrich our knowledge and trade ideas recipes and why not have a laugh or two . You are most welcome to join us info will be distribuded soon stay tuned !
Peace
Voodootroll!

10 Likes

the meringue mutes the harshness of the biscuit so it makes the mix a SNV but won’t recommend you to vape it as a SNV… in 5 days it is good… in 15 is heaven.

about my mix firstly i wanna thank you for the time and the money you spend to mix it!!! i assume that you possible not gonna like it that much because it tastes like those ceap 2$ lemon roll cakes that you cant eat more than 1 piece :joy:
it is tangy as hell, to cakey and cream cheese icing is a pain in the (/) to work with it does funny things to the mix every day.
fact is i finished a 10ml batch the last 2 days
so call me a wirdo too! :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum side. I wouldn’t say clown through. :man_facepalming: It may be good though that when posting a recipe to give a further background on its creation. Like hey, facebook group cuz has been collaboting on this mix since xyz date etc etc. that way it helps to explain all the up votes.

4 Likes

well i was mistaken … i took for granded my legitimacy since the queenside recipe (it was voted mostly by english speaking people) nevertheless im here at every point to explain all about this recipe since my first lemon tart v1 ive made several attempts to get the profile out with less compounds … anyway i hope you mix it and if you find it good enough rate it with a clear heart and mind!

1 Like

first of all let me say thank you for replying , my comment on @voodootroll recipe was in hopes of getting some answers , more for others rather than myself because i personally could care less , my home is here on the forum and this is where i typically will drop a recipe instead of the ELR page , i now understand more clearly how a recipe can be posted one day then rated the same and next day , especially a recipe that takes some steep time , and hopefully now others can understand it , i will try a couple recipes just to give an opinion … btw if you or anyone read my original post i did say that the recipes do look good at least the mixing style thank you to all the greeks that came to this thread to explain it should help in the future

4 Likes

Ah yeah… I forgot it.
I have this recipe from 14/10. :slight_smile:
Admins can check if I “cheated”.
The only “mistake” is that i wrote “sweetener” instead of “super sweet”.

lemonpie

3 Likes

I’ve read all this…and they could very well ALL be good recipes. :wink:

Still feels more like a popularity contest.

C’est la vie.

5 Likes