Fasttech running a scam?

After using fasttech for like 3 years and having done many successful orders with them they did something extremely sketchy to me the other day.

They asked me to verify my credit card (the same one i’ve used for all my orders with them) by sending them a PICTURE of my credit card. This is by no means acceptable behavior for any seller online.

Just a word of warning to others, DO NOT send them photos of your credit card if they ask.

Also, whats another good seller for vape gear / tanks / mods / wire etc on the cheap end?

6 Likes

I was happy w/ 3fvape

2 Likes

Have of others being asked as well and they also refused as i would. I recently got a call from bank. It seems my account info came up in some DB w/ enuff info for the to do online purcahses so they cancel the cards and reissue for safety. I looked into it but w/ no way of knowing exactly which company the info was gained and the time lime could be as far back as 8 months

2 Likes

I use My Vapor Store and Vapor Beast. Vapor Beast has better wire options and cost (including a lower spending limit for free shipping), but I prefer My Vapor Store 'cause their free two day shipping policy on orders over $75.

1 Like

Lol, i have a list of 30 some us vendors that i find the best price with,thks tho. I was assuming @Ghettotrout was looking for another vendor compareable to FT.

1 Like

yeah I was moreso looking on the slow boat route for cheap stuff, I often order months ahead.

1 Like

I only order from such companies after i look at all us vendors that i would trust. I have beaten FT prices many times but w/ ship’n it usually comes out even. I dont mind searching first and giving business to a vendor here.

2 Likes

I’m Canadian, so I have to pay huge tax on stuff coming from the US, and the exchange kills me. I’d end up paying more than ordering locally. For some reason shipments from China don’t get flagged for taxing.

Wife just ordered a gift for a friend from the US ($25 value) and paid $19 in tax on the item plus shipping, would have been cheaper to buy it in a store here.

2 Likes

Just talked to a friend of mine… allegedly someone has hacked fasttech and sent out a mass email to all people with current orders… either way I’ll be avoiding in the future.

3 Likes

There is cheap then there is china cheap. I’ve used 3fvape once. The order went fine. I did pay for the upgrade on shipping. My choice in vendor was purely based on the desire to by clones for testing. Clone 25$ authentic 150. Same goes for the 4 other items I purchased.

For authentic I buy online us only. Eciggity, vapordna, and origin vape have been good to me as well as advance ape supply. All fast shipping and prices reasonable after discounts and sales.

4 Likes

http:/www.efun.top/ and heavengifts.com

3 Likes

I guess you don’t live to close to the border. I live near Ontario and we just hop on over or vice versa.

2 Likes

I do live close to the border, but my passport is expired. Gotta get on that :smiley:

3 Likes

Just a little update with fasttech.

I don’t think they were hacked at all, I’ve had another staff member using their ticket system contact me doubling down on their need for a credit card photo.

I quoted their policy that states they do not have access to credit card numbers and how it’s dealt with by a secure third party, therefore making an image of my credit card USELESS for confirming ownership of the card.

They responded by saying

"Actually customers don’t need to provide the picture of the card with full number, the staff noel made a mistake in the first e-mail, customers need to mask part of the card number( leave the first 6 and last 4 digits visible).

Our bank just needs the picture of the credit card paid with this order to verify if you are the cardholder to avoid the risk of fraud, as you know if there is any problem with the transaction, both our bank and us will suffer a loss.

Hope you can understand."

Bear in mind that the first email was a simple COPY/PASTE as they according to them “frequently” require confirmation from their customers…

They are full of shit and it seems some staff may be trying to run a scam of sorts… I’m not sure… but please spread the word when you see someone mention purchasing from them.

6 Likes

remember when we didn’t need a passport or fastpass or enhanced drivers license to go back and forth? OH the good ol days

4 Likes

Just tossing ideas against the wall here…but perhaps, you live in a “high risk” area? (ie: S. Chicago, E. St Louis, Detroit, Compton, etc, but in a less publicized, but known to card vendors, digital crime aspect)

It’s definitely odd, I agree.

2 Likes

Nope, Canada. Same address, same card and 3 years of purchasing history from fasttech.

2 Likes

Sometimes it may need your credit card picture as well as your ID card. They just want to make sure the card belong to your own and isn’t stolen by other people. But you don’t need to show them all the numbers, you could hide some numbers. They just need the name on the card is the same with your ID card. All is for money safety.

I don’t know if you pay by credit card via PayPal. If the shipping address in PayPal is the same with the address in their site. They don’t need to ask you to provide any more information.

Hope this could help.

2 Likes