Favourite Fried Ice Cream Recipe

I’d probably try CAP Glazed Doughnut in a recipe like that; it’s got a pretty decent ‘fried’ taste without a lot of ‘over-surgariness’. As always, YMMV.

1 Like

Thanks mill for the input. I agree about the Zeppola. it’s a real marmite flavour. A previous mix, which I had thought was meh , after a forgotten steep turned out suprsingly well.

For the fried effect, I used FA Joy @.75. Not as overpoweing as FA zeppola. My mate tasted this recipe, which I had abandoned, and really liked it.

It uses strawberry ripe to sweeten ( ethyl maltol) and sugar cookie for the sweet butteriness. Also as I don’t like cinnamon per se, but I found Cap Graham Cracker V2 @ 0.5 % provides a little spiciness. I was suprised as i’m “pepper taster”. But works well in this recipe in not having to use cinnamon.

3 Likes

Thanks Great idea! it’s on my shoping list. What about Cap Churro? I heard that’s good.

2 Likes

I love FW Graham cracker for it’s coconut accents. Amazing in cookies too. FA cookie@ 2 /FW Graham cracker 1.5 /Sugar cookie @ 2.5 with 2% Flv Vanilla pudding tastes just like a Golden Oreo.

5 Likes

Sorry, never tried that. Probably should.

2 Likes

Lol I hear you on that! I hope you find the missing link for your ice cream recipe!

1 Like

Cheers Galactico! the quest is never ending, there’s always another rabbit hole waiting round the corner

2 Likes

All I get from Joy is yeast. So I stay well away from that :slight_smile:

1 Like