FDA announces new restrictions on Vaping

You know, I sometimes think America is the land of the rich who can feel free to take advantage of the poor and middle class. Does this not sound more fitting?

3 Likes

The madness of the war on E-cigs Click

Is California trying to kill smokers? Click

Smoke em if you got em, Click

1 Like

Basically. The rich pretty much control the government anyway and can buy and sell lawmakers as they please just like any other commodity. I have such a love/hate relationship with this country. I love parts of being American. I feel really guilty complaining about it when I know there are people banging down the doors trying to get in and here I am whining about the government taking away my smoky toy. But, dang it, its mine and I bought it and I want it and I want to buy more of it! And I should be allowed to.

My biggest problem is the government trying to control what people do with their own bodies. Itā€™s my body, I should be able to vape if I want to. Just like I should be able to drive my car without my seat belt, ride my motorcycle (if I had one) without a helmet, and jump off the Brooklyn Bridge. Sure, I can drink myself to death, eat myself to death, or smoke myself to death if I want to as long as I donā€™t take anyone else down with meā€¦but vape? NO! That could be DANGEROUS! If people are dumb enough to say, DRINK their ejuice, let themā€¦it is their choice. The govt should only protect children who donā€™t have brains enough yet to make informed choices, the mentally disabled who cannot choose for themselves, and people from OTHER people. Why do we spend so much time trying to protect people from themselves?

Iā€™ll get down now. And oy vey on that article. It gets me so steamed. I need a vapeā€¦be back later. LoL

2 Likes

Donā€™t get steamed, get vapored LOL

Truthfully I agree with you completely!

2 Likes

House Republican leadership urges FDA to loosen its grip on the e-cig market, Click

Reports from Big Tobacco: Cigarettes sales plummet. Why? They think because of ā€œvaporā€ competition, Click

N. Car. docs suggest e-cigarettes for recalcitrant smokers, and support their use for quitting, Click

ā€œBig Tobaccoā€ reports declines in cigarettes sold across the board, Click

Submission to the FDA regarding e-cigarette ā€œdeeming regulationsā€, Click

Yet another study shows absence of e-cigarette toxins, Click

2 Likes

Other than what is already being done, like staying on top of federal, state, and local reps and trying to educate the public, what are the solutions to this? Are there any? Is there anything us ā€œnormalā€ people can do?

You hear about celebrities who use e-cigs, but where are they? Are they speaking out at all?

Not that I would leave my country over vaping (and not that Iā€™d stay either) but are there any places that are taking a more realistic and logical approach to this or has pretty much every developed country jumped on the ā€œevil e-cigā€ bandwagon?

Honest truth, I have to wonder if anything SHORT OF 200,000-500,000 thousand people showing up on the white house lawn protesting would do much of anything. Look at our past history, this is the kind of thing they listen to onlyā€¦

2 Likes

I wish we could organize something like that. Any idea on the approximate number of vapers in the US at the moment? We could all snail mail a letter with our story and a photograph of ourselves and our devices on the same dayā€¦flood the mailroom. Obviously we canā€™t all get to DC, but there has to be something that even the most homebound of us could do. :confused:

4 Likes

You go girl!!! Welcome to the revolution!

2 Likes

This is what doesnā€™t make sense to me and Iā€™m going to copy Grimmgreen here a little, but the gov is trying to eliminate something that is making someone better. Itā€™s like telling someone who is addicted to heroin, sorry sir but we are going to outlaw anything that will be better for you. Or telling an alcoholic that they canā€™t stop drinking or else theyā€™ll be taxed on anything that helps them quit drinking to make up for the alcohol you are no longer consuming. How the heck does this even make sense? Oh hey I have cancer. Well sorry, we canā€™t loose your money from the cigs to smoked so we are going to tax the crap out of you or completely do away with anything that will help you quit so you will have to die a smoker. Sorry but the gov can kiss my a$$. Iā€™m running for president, give me your votes, not your money!

6 Likes

I foresee a huge growth of the black markets of any nation that imposes such strict regulations on vaping products. Everybody have your passports ready? LOL
:stuck_out_tongue:

I can see them imposing taxes on nicotine products. Letā€™s face it, they arenā€™t here to protect us, they are here to collect taxes off us. Most other things in vaping have a dual use purpose. Flavors can be used in baking, PG and VG in food products, batteries in electronics, and even atomizers can be used for NON nicotine mixes. The same dual purpose use kept ā€œwater pipesā€ and ā€œtobaccoā€ pipes in head shops all across the USA despite the fact that everyone knew their real usage. And if they go as far as making juice producers register recipes containing nicotine, then they will just adapt. Sell juice bottles without nicotine and bypassing the need for registration and taxation, then sell small bottles containing nicotine that the customer can add after leaving the shop. Either way, the hobby will still exist. Prohibition hasnā€™t worked for alcohol and doesnā€™t work for drugs. The government is notorious for trying to ruin things, but rarely has success.

3 Likes

Okā€¦Iā€™m so confused! I thought that no one was allowed to release any new products after August 8th of last year. Yet Iā€™m seeing new products consistently. Did I miss something? There is no way they had the blueprints in on everything before that deadlineā€¦

Have I been the only one wondering about this :interrobang:

2 Likes

There is no problem making new products since the US isnā€™t the only market out there. The manufacturers develop new stuff for the rest of the world like Europe that doesnā€™t have the same restrictions that the US.
In Europe we get the only 2ml tanks and 10ml 20mg Nic restrictions as an example but new stuff is not forbidden. Liquid is said to only be sold in 10ml bottles and they canā€™t be glass. There is a lot more restrictions for us with the TPD but i have honestly not read it all so i canā€™t really say what all of them are.

2 Likes

But they are selling all those products to us in the US. That is what is surprising. I know they can sell in other countries, but I thought the way it was written they couldnā€™t in the US?

2 Likes

I canā€™t honestly answer why that is. Maybe they have found a loophole in the regs or they just donā€™t give a shit.
In the meanwhile that is a good thing for the american vapers that you guys still can get ahold of new products.
Since FDAā€™s regs donā€™t affect me i havenā€™t been reading up on them. Letā€™s hope someone else here on ELR is well educated when it comes to the regs and can chime in and let us know why and how and whatnot.

2 Likes

I have had a couple of places refuse to ship newer RTAā€™S saying the item wasnā€™t approved by the FDA.I think the majority just donā€™t give a shit.A few mod making companies kinda skirt the regs by building mods using chips and boards that were available before August 8th.Evolv went proactive and released a couple of new boards before the deadline as they know the boards will be used in enclosures that were all ready available ?

This is just my opinion and yes I have thought about it and would love to know the real reason new items are still being sold in the states.Of course I am just glad things are the way the way they are and I hope this trend continues.

2 Likes

Me tooā€¦donā€™t stop now! Iā€™m not complaining by any means, just curious.

3 Likes

You must be mistaken. No one is releasing any new products to the U.S. {shhhhhh!}
These are not the droids you are looking for.

2 Likes