FDA Deeming regulations are published

I just don’t think it’s a good idea right now. I can just see one of those gramma looking senators in a pink suit holding up the box saying “You see who they are marketing this to… a small child will see this and think it’s candy!”

1 Like

I agree with you guys on the packaging. Not so much because I feel kids will be attracted to Ejuice and drink it because of the label…

Many kids have been sickened and many have even died drinking house cleaning solutions with quite unattractive labels which for certain were not geared toward kids.

But, what these people are doing is giving the FDA fuel for public sentiment in their propaganda machine…

4 Likes

I wonder just how far FDA can go in classifying accessories as tobacco products. Does that mean my corn cob pipes are now tobacco products? After all, they are manufactured specifically for the purpose of smoking tobacco. Does the FDA look at all products that are even remotely related somehow to smoking or vaping as just one giant head shop?

1 Like

They deserve a lot of hounding! :triumph:

4 Likes

Though we’re still waiting for clarification, it sounds to me that even items that have other purpose such as batteries will be considered a tobacco product if sold in conjunction with product used to deliver nicotine. However, A Vape shop selling no nicotine juice is not selling tobacco and therefore the batteries are being used in a entirely different application. A Flashlight store, the same thing. I am anxiously awaiting clarification on this stuff. In other words if a Vape Shop sells no tobacco products then is the equipment sold considered a tobacco product? If it is not considered a tobacco product, then it should not have to be FDA approved. See where I’m going here…

2 Likes

I was just about to post the phone # myself. Check out Taste your juice . com
Center for tobacco products ???
And No operators are not standing by I got a recording :thumbsdown:

2 Likes

A vendor is throwing down the gauntlet…

7 Likes

It has started. Been hopeing for this kinda thing. What the FDA is doing is nothing short of oppression toward the vaping industry and Vapers in general all for the love of money. I just don’t see how a unbiased court of law can stand with the FDA so cross your fingers…

4 Likes

Youre right!
But “we” hafta muddy the waters with too many effing improbable hypotheticals for our own good, so we can be “free”.

1 Like

Thank goodness. They and their team of lawyers have been preparing for this ever since 2014. This is particularly close to my heart, as not only is NicoPure/Halo located right here in my home state of Florida, but my very first venture in going from cigalikes to a sub-ohm box mod was my purchase of their “Halo Reactor” starter kit:

While I exclusively make own e-liquid now, I started with their juices, and they’re pretty darn good. I still have a partial bottle of their high VG “Belgian Cocoa” at 6% nic, and I use it in a mix sometimes.

4 Likes

I heard Kangertech is going to give a ton of money to the new alliance legal defense too. :innocent:

3 Likes

Yes, I have heard the same. Obviously it is in the best interests for the Equipment manufacturers to get involved. Kanger is most likely only the first of many. We’ll probably see Aspire get in the fray next. Oh boy, this is starting to get good…

5 Likes

brick by brick…step by step…:wink:

6 Likes

Guess you didn’t actually read what their lawsuit is. There pissed they have to get their juices approved but small business doesn’t. They gonna F-it up for the rest of us. They sounded a little like Big tobacco to me, “why we got to follow all these rule but they don’t”.
This vendor hurting us not helping I think.

Deeming regulations apply to all manufacturers, large or small. If I were going to buy pre-made juices (which I don’t anymore), I’d prefer to buy it from a manufacturer with stringent quality and safety measures in place rather than some kid in his Mom’s basement.

[quote=“Ggrhauling, post:177, topic:64265, full:true”]
Guess you didn’t actually read what their lawsuit is. There pissed they have to get their juices approved but small business doesn’t. They gonna F-it up for the rest of us. They sounded a little like Big tobacco to me, “why we got to follow all these rule but they don’t”. This vendor hurting us not helping I think.[/quote]

Small business is not exempt from getting FDA approval. We MAY get away with continuing to blend for 2 years after effective date (IF this has been interpreted correctly). That is supposedly the time frame you have to put in a PMTA. Overwise after the 2 year grace period you are a manufacturer operating illegally. This should be no different for them. As far as I know only omg nicotine juice is exempt and they can make that too without FDA approval. I’m not seeing in the above article where Nicopur is pissed at the little guys. Did I miss something…

I called them earlier and they are pushing back the cut off but they said all small businesses will be exempt and no shops will be closing because of the new policy. However, only time will tell. But do you really think big company is trying to help save the little guys from doom? Trust me they want nothing more than mom and pop shops to shut their doors. Big companies have the resourses to stay open.

FWIW I’ll just be in the wait and see mode. Not that I don’t see this as an infringement and not that I haven’t joined CASAA, and written my “reps” (and received a good response concerning HR 2058). But we all need to be realistic that the government will do as it wishes. At one time our country (talking about the US) stood for the land of the free and home of the brave, terms that aren’t used too often anymore, they have been replaced with the US being a country of rules and law. Lady Liberty isn’t wearing a blindfold so as to treat all that come before her as equal in the eyes of the law, she now wears it to cover her eyes to the masses with fists held aloft asking to be heard.
This isn’t a defeatist attitude. I will continue to support and contribute but I have (as I’m sure you all have) seen things like this before. In my local area a petition for legalization was put up, the local city had a choice of either approving it as written or placing the petition on the ballot. Statistics said if placed on the ballot, it would pass with an overwhelming majority, so the local city government passed the petition for legalization, then turned around within 24 hours or so and ruled the pension was mis-worded and re-sended it. Yeah, I know, my little story has nothing to do with what is being discussed except that we as a people are voiceless. We don’t have the power to talk back against strong arm tactics.
10’s of thousands of people will be losing their jobs and livelihoods over this action and the government won’t shed a tear or blink an eye. The only thing we as a group here and other groups can do is encourage unification (not that we don’t or haven’t), and hope thru the legal processes that Lady Liberties blindfold may slip a bit and her masses may be seen.

Not sure what you are saying here. First off, exempt from what. You telling me they told you on the hotline that Vape Shops can continue to BLEND nicotine ejuice and be exempt from the FDA regs? I find that hard to believe. Vape shops can sell Manufacturers juice because they are not the manufacturer. But supposedly they can not build a coil because that would make them a manufacturer. Doesn’t sound like anybody is exempt to me…

Second, pushing back the cut off date? Please be more descriptive. Date for what cutoff and did they say a date for this cutoff. I’m confused by this statement as well…

I’ll be honest with you, I have not called because these people are only paid telephone answerers. I think you can agree that many don’t take the time to learn what they are talking about, or they tell you what you want to hear, or fake knowing what they are talking about, etc, etc, etc. Until Casaa and others interpret these regs I feel we are still in the dark…

1 Like

You didn’t miss anything. In fact, I spoke with representatives from NicoPure in Gainesville, FL, Liquid Barn in Simi Valley, California, and with a representative from NicVape in Spartenburg, South Carolina, and they all said that their companies welcome reasonable regulation of industry players both large and small, for the health and safety of the vaping community at large, but not onerous regulations that are essentially prohibitive in nature and would put the smaller guys out of business. Of course, they could be saying things just to be saying them, but my honest impression is that they consider us all to be in this together. They seem like good guys.

2 Likes