Filtering by brand and by chemicals

I like yourself was concerned when I first started vaping a few years ago.After researching I am no longer concerned about Diacetyl but I understand those that are.
I look at it as harm reduction , much safer than smoking but no way is it completely safe .
As far as the recipes with a single manufacturer ,I try and use the best flavor that I have at that moment for that particular flavor.I don’t think I have any mixes that are one manufacturer.
Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you.

2 Likes

This is key. You do know what you won’t vape.
I’m a beginner and I don’t; yet.

Such a feature would make choosing a recipe so less time consuming!
So here’s my beg again to @daath :wink:

2 Likes

researching flaves will help you in the long run , i know it seems tedious just like single flave testing but the more you research and the more you read here the better mixer you will become the tedious tasks we have to endure are what makes us understand what we are doing

4 Likes

Take some time and learn each flavor most NOT all FA are DA Free just be forewarned a lot of their products are absolutely clean and I recommend using them as they depict flavor’s very clearly.

As a beginner thou if you branch out to other vendors and choose to make recipes other than all FA start to learn what’s in them look them up by searching on the flavor list.

I also gave you a link to the warning list that can be a good reference check.

I have over 740 flavor’s and I know most my flavor’s like the back of my hand it just takes time and a lil effort.

Good luck !

1 Like

I read the report of the FA testing and only one flavor is suspect (yogurt).

Anyhow I just used FA as an example. I have nothing against mixing brands and whatsoever. Just, the process’d be much faster with a tool.
But it seems like most of you guys think that investing time and effort to discover what others already did is a necessary part of the process, so it seems…

1 Like

Of course investing time is worth it , many ppl come here and ask a question get what they want and never read but there are more than worthy threads regarding flavors their profiles their good bad and uglies. It’s up to you and what suites you best.

There are a couple more in the FA line here’s another off the top of my head that contains DA

Here are some threads yes it requires some time but in the end is that you become more knowledable about DIY and the products we’re using and for you to make up your own mind as to which vendor / flavor you’ll use.

of course I agree if there was an option to search by eliminating the diketones there would be no need to read all of this you’d just click a button got it but at this time it doesn’t exist so we learn what’s in the products as of this writing. I do believe Daath has it on his list for things to do.

3 Likes

Of course it is (and I’m relatively new to mixing) - taste is subjective and it’s fun learning how things work for you on an individual basis - what works for me may not for you and so on.

@Amy2 has provided some fab links to assist you - I wish you luck in your adventure :+1:

1 Like

This.
Vaping is cool.

DIY is even cooler.

Why make all this wonderful coolness harder to achieve?

So bad. I’d love to get a reply from him if he could find the time to, though. Still hoping :wink:

Cheers!

1 Like

their cream whipped is also supposed to be high in diacytel but its GReaaaat

1 Like

you are absolutely correct , i truly believe every word you are saying

1 Like

It’d be much easier to get smokers closer to vaping if the community wouldn’t be so elitarian.

Call us elitetarian or what have you the thing is , is that anyone can vape go to the store pick up a tank & a mod fill it w/ juice. No biggie.

Those that want to delve into DIY want to craft something make art out of flavor’s and enjoy the fruits of our labors if you will.

There’s ppl who DIY for all reason save money, cleaner juice ( yourself), have control over what’s in their juice ( most ppl) and those who are interested in creation.

The community as it stands now (is still ever changing ) we are at this time in a better spot than we’ve ever been Vendors are communicating w/ us hearing our plea to announce what chemicals are in these flavorings at what temperatures are they maxed out on and what combinations are not recommended. For us to have this much knowledge on it has taken us Years to accumulate while ppl like yourself come here want one button click service not give anything to the " community " I don’t mean to sound rude but think about it you want something what have you offered ?

@Daath is the creator of this site & the calculator site this is his hobby as he has a full time job elsewhere.

We are not generalists I’d describe us more as working with what we have and doing a fine job at it.

As you can see I am very passionate about DIY I mean no disrespect to you and I want you to know there’s no issue with asking questions but do the time and read and learn about what you are putting in your body.

3 Likes

In my opinion this place is the least “elitarian” place you’ll find.

I’ve put a lot of time into maintaining the warn list for flavors, but as you write yourself, there isn’t a way to filter recipes based on warnings. May I suggest that you research each flavor before you purchase, and if you have flavors that contain unwanted chemicals in your stash, simply remove them. That way you can safely use “What can I make”. When you search for recipes, there’s the little warning triangle so you can check the recipe out and see what kind of warning it is.

I will probably make an advanced search where you can filter out that stuff in the future, but I have much bigger fish to fry in the near future :slight_smile: I hope you can learn to work around this limitation - because there is a wealth of information here :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Coming in as a new member and call everyone elitarian is actually to cross a line and offending all the nice people on this site.
And this from someone that want help from the same people you just offended (shaking my head over here).

As @daath himself so elegantly put it, this is the least elitarian place i have come across.
Try to do the best you can to educate yourself and try to grow as you go along and you will be just fine.

3 Likes

Well, “elitarian” is not an offence per se.
I apologize if anybody felt it like that though.

I just want to clarify once more.
“cleaner juice” is only one among several reasons that brought my interest to DIY. Customization, is another critical one. My flavor, my percentage of nicotine - not only the ones available commercially - my percentages of PG, VG, and whatsoever.

My stuff.

This is an awesome tool and I thought it would be much greater if it’d allow to filter with more filters than “exclude single ingredients recipes”.
I realize that filtering by chemicals might be a thought job. Filtering by brand should be much easier - those info are in the database already (btw, I indeed am a computer guy and did design some small websites, so I feel like this should be technically pretty easy - I could indeed be very wrong).

What amazed me and disappointed somewhat was not that the answer was something like “this is technically unfeasible”, “there is only one guy behind this and he’ll likely not have the time for this”, or similar answers.

What I got was “do your job, research, we all did”. I grown up in the open source community where reinventing the wheel is considered almost an abomination and sharing any knowledge is given for granted.

What I read above - I could be wrong - was “we did a though job, we don’t want to help anybody taking shortcuts and get where we are with our help”.

Which indeed would be anyways an acceptable answer; only though to understand for me. Assuming that it is this case.

Apologizes again for having been rude.

I haven’t heard anyone on this site denying help to anyone as of yet. If you read in that people doesn’t wanna help i must say that you read things wrong. I’m pretty sure that most would like for you to grow, learning things and be as good as you possibly can.

As far as i am concerned this site is all about helping others to the best of each and everyones ability. The only time people get less interested is when someone comes in with a bad attitude demanding help and not being grateful that people get out of their way to help.

As in real life it’s all about giving and taking and maintaining a good balance, being nice to others and help out when one can.

Peace out. :v:

I don’t think you’re being rude that’s not what I got from your statements. I realize there is a language barrier between us .

I also know that request is valid it’s just there are other things pressing at this time for the creator of the site and while you have a nice idea it isn’t of top priority on his list as his list is an ever growing one.

I spent close to 15 minutes digging around finding those links to help you not me. So the attitude here is certainly not I don’t want to help you.

We all have to start somewhere is the attitude and we know you’re a beginner that’s fine ask questions more importantly read…there is so many good threads loaded with info just waiting for a newbie to come along and digest all of it.

Learning your flavors inside and out with be the ultmost deserving tool in DIY I promise you.

2 Likes

Yup. With such an answer I would certainly had understand better.
I nevertheless apologize once again for not having understood that clearly. :slight_smile:

Now, I got a single flavor bottle I got in Norway a few days ago. It smells like butter and it’s crap-free. It’s called TY-4.
Is there a way to search for recipes with that? I tried but I couldn’t find how. :smiley:

Thanks!

1 Like

Is TY4 a flavor concentrate or an eliquid ? The difference is ( forgive me if the answer is already obvious to you)

Flavor concentrate only contains flavor or an extract and if a concentrate is will be in pg or vg or a combination of both.

e-liquid will contain all or some of the above along w/ Nicotine.

From the sound of it, it sounds like a mix since RY4 ( I know you have TY4) is a vanilla caramel tobacco where I have not heard of TY4 would like to know if there is a Vendor on the bottle …common ones are
The Flavor Apprentice
Capella’s
Flavourart
Flavor West
Hangsen
Inawera
Molinberry
Cup Cake World
and so on …does your bottle having any distinguishing marks that says who makes it ?

when I type in TY4 in the flavor list it given me this http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors?q=TY4 there’s a couple but again not sure who is the maker of it.

once you have found which one on that list ( from the link up there ^ ) click on it then when it says in green " add to my stash " add it so then you can go back to your page and when you get there you can go under the blue wrench and click it scroll down and choose what can I make !!! This will show you recipes with the TY4 in it. OR I can do it another way once I add it to my stash I can scroll all the way down and click on recipes that are available w/ concentrate ! @febs does this make sense ?

Perfectly. It’s a concentrate, by T-Juice. I thought it was the name of a specific product, hence why I didn’t specify it.

I did add it to my stash yesterday and tried that but it only listed recipes that I can make with all the ingredients in the stash. Thus, “TY4” :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s why I asked.

I guess I didn’t try hard enough. Gonna give it one more go. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like