First DIY and Got NIC Sick. How?

Thanks gorilla that makes sense.
I was looking at it from at large batch not a 10-15ml batch.
My thought was if I’m making 250ml and it required 5ml of a flavor. Would it be even humanly possible to tell from a 5.1 or 4.9?

I’ll take a picture of the syringe. I won’t use nic as an example cause that’s in the freezer. I’ll use VG.
But I used a 1ml syringe and put it .6 when it required .63.
Even for some reason I was super careless and filled it to the max it’s still 1ml or a little more.

I’ll borrow a scale from a friend to use in the meantime. Do you drip from the syringe still? The TPA juices I got didn’t come with a nozzle.

Hmmmm. I gotta say it. A syringe used properly would be more accurate. Key word properly. I still measure by syringe with a scale atleast for my first two mixes out of 15. Just to double check since I am that anal.

Many of us mix with scales due to speed of mixing, less clean up, and less gear needed. And yes overall accuracy is great when used “properly.”

Just saying.

1 Like

Here is the syringe. Hard to see maybe but it’s basically lined up at the .6 of the 1ml syringe.

2 Likes

Looks like the measuring part is fine. It might not make sense to spend the money to test that nic if you are giving up on that bottle, but it is still good to have one, and I would have to test that nic just out of curiosity.
I’ve just recently started mixing by weight, and the biggest thing for me is the speed and lack of clean up after mixing. There are videos where the mixer uses one syringe for everything rinsing it out in water in between each ingredient addition. That just seemed wrong to me. I used one syringe per ingredient. That added up to cleaning out 25~30 syringes after a mixing session. No fun. As for accuracy, I don’t know. I use the specific gravity for nicotine, pg and vg, but for flavors I use 1 ml = 1 gram. It’s pretty close, not exactly accurate, but close enough for me and I haven’t noticed any drastic flavor changes.

1 Like

Next time you make a mix with this Nic or new Nic just take into account you’re subconsciously waiting for you’re heart rate to rise and feel sick!

5 Likes

Dr @Phill lol

4 Likes

i havent bought from liquid barn but DIYorDIE uses them and he says that they have the best nic and everyone that used theirs say so.

you have to consider that nic VG based needs more days to mix with PG and even with the VG base so what you need to do is that after mixing shake it and leave it after 2 hours shake it, after that whenever you remember that bottle just shake it for 2 days then try it, believe me shaking VG doesnt mix it immediately you need to give it time to mix

try more PG if you dont have an allergy to it, try mixing 60/40 to fasten the mixing,

“remember always shake your nic bottle before using it”

question : what is the color of you nic base?

1 Like

The titration kit is more than just one use. I titrate every single batch off nic that I get. I do it for my own piece of mind the last thing i want to do it hurt myself or someone I mix for. If you care about your health or anyone that you mix for you should titrate every batch of nic you get.

When using any chemical particularly one that can kill you or seriously damage your health you are crazy if you don’t.

If at any stage you have questions about the strength your nic you should not use it until you have checked the strength yourself.

My 2 cents

2 Likes