Flavorah Tasting Notes

Hey, everyone! I got this list from Aaron at Flavorah.

Thought it might interest some of you who have been using/will be using these that you can enter them as “other” when you select your base type while entering them into recipes or making flavor notes.

These flavors do not add any PG to your recipes.

Happy mixing!

10 Likes

Whats the best percentage for Flavorah Blood Orange (if in solo)?

3 Likes

I haven’t tried it yet, but this is direct from the manufacturer:

Hope this helps!

Have you checked the notes on the Flavor Page?

8 Likes

Did you make that yourself?

3 Likes

I tend to use it from .12% up to 1% its a very accurate blood orange including the pith…

5 Likes

Noooo! Haha! I’m not yet savvy in the ways of spreadsheets. Aaron from FLV sent that to me a few days ago. I can send the whole file to you if you’d like.

3 Likes

I wanna see that lol

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, haven’t checked that :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Thanks! I see this is some sort of the official percentage range
Gonna try it now

4 Likes

No worries

3 Likes

I’ll drop it here soon, checking that they’re cool with me posting the whole file. I’m sure it’s fine, but I posted a seemingly innocuous msds from another company last year, and they were not happy with me!
@Flavorah

5 Likes

A big thanks to @Flavorah and @Plunderdrum here is the full document from Flavorah.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k99qe36l9y51x24/FLV%20Usage%20Rates%20List.xlsx?dl=1

Feel free to grab a copy of this flv generated doco - I highly recommend not testing at the high end of their scale - start a little lower than their recommended minimum and build it from there if you need to

16 Likes

Further recommended resource, suggested to accompany the doc:

9 Likes

Smoky Blue approves :wink:

4 Likes

I don’t agree with all the % I tend to be a fair bit lower on a lot of them and to directly quote @TamVapes

Thank you sir…but no Jammy Berry at 1% lol
just no

I would suggest staying under .5% as a maximum

6 Likes

What’s that saying, @woftam… buy more use more make more… mhmm… oopps spend more!! :smile:
If less is more, and less is good enough… why use more?

Keeping things simple… even with a 6 flavored recipe… isn’t too shabby… but…
Leave my 1% Jammy berry as a solo alone :stuck_out_tongue: hehe!!! in certain circumstances… add in 2% marshmallow vanilla… just dont call me late for dinner… and ignore those berry stains…

In most applications tho… .6-.8% Jammy is the tops! :laughing:

5 Likes

I’m fairly certain you need to dilute Granola

5 Likes

Nice @woftam, @Flavorah, and @Plunderdrum. I know it’s legit. Beernuts 0.1% - 0.25% !!!

5 Likes

mmm I don’t… my usage for Granola is from .12% up to .8%

3 Likes

I am a bit dubious using Alpine strawberry at 2%
.2 is strong

4 Likes