Flavorah Tasting Notes

Their pricing structure is such that they are the same price no matter what. I’d go directly through Flavorah. ELRECIPES should give 20% off, but I don’t think it works on bigger sizes. I’m pretty sure ECX, Nicotine River, BCV, and Gremlin all have Flavorah flavors as well. Check http://e-liquid-recipes.com/resources#shops for discount codes. Most of the time it is ELRECIPES, but a few are ELR or something else.

3 Likes

Nicotine River has them cheaper than direct from FLV

3 Likes

@JoJo you guys are awesome, thank you!

3 Likes

Ask, and ye shall receive.

A long while back, I talked with Brendan at Flavorah about adding more tobacco flavors to the Flavorah lineup; whether or not he was planning that addition in the future. He assured me, even though he’s not a tobacco guy, he was eventually going to boot out more tobaccos. He kept his word.

I’ve been sent the 5 prototype tobaccos to test batch and review. Right now, they are simply labeled Prototype Tobacco #1,2,3,4 and 5.

I have no clue as to what tobacco flavor profiles exists in each one of these bottles. To date, I’ve never done a blind taste test with any concentrates. This should prove to be fun, challenging and slightly unnerving.

I’m the next contestant on “Stump the Tobacco Guy!”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The fun begins! :grinning:

20 Likes

I can’t wait to hear the results.

4 Likes

I can see how that could be everything you describe but one thing is for sure , they sent them to the right person!
I don’t mix tobacco , unless you consider RY4 double a tobacco.
However I have recently found a store mix that I kinda enjoy , Pop’s Pipe from Good Life.If Flavorah can get the tobacco’s like the majority of their other flavorings , I would give them a go.
Have fun and we will await your results!

4 Likes

Me too. This should be interesting!

3 Likes

I agree. I did get an email from Brendan about new flavours they were developing and he was going to send out various samples in the coming months. I hope these tobacco’s will be among them :yum:

2 Likes

Yup, RY4 DBL is in the tobacco realm. :yum: It’s my wife’s fav tobacco flavor; it was THE tobacco flavor that got her off the stinkies!

For me, personally, the caramel and vanilla in most RY4 blends tend to cover up the tobacco a bit too much; over the past 6 months or so, I’ve gone a bit hardcore on wanting to taste the full flavor of whatever tobacco I’m vaping. :kissing_heart::dash:

5 Likes

I just received another tobacco prototype from Brendan. :grinning:

It seems like this one is in the tobacco absolute category; super viscous liquid. Upon a quick smell and finger taste test, the concentrate has a pleasant, but sharp and bitter, dark molasses tobacco flavor. I’m guessing this might be one of those tobacco concentrates which needs to be diluted down into a mixing friendly tincture. :thinking:

2 Likes

He told me he was going to send you another one :grinning:

2 Likes

Haven’t test batched #6 yet, but I’m hoping it’s as vapable as the other five. There’s one that I can’t quite get a handle on the profile. Perhaps after vaping it solo in a tank one day soon, I can nail it down. :thinking:

3 Likes

Welcome to my world!! Haha, it’s fun but damn does it take a long time to establish baselines and shit.

There’s nothing like getting handed a 100 bottles with a white label saying nothing but, “Mango 1, Mango 2…”

Puts your skills to the test huh :wink:

5 Likes

Well, the 6th tobacco prototype bottle did have a white label with a prototype name written on it . :thinking: I’m trying not to let that name cloud my judgement on the concentrate; finding it rather fun to put my taste buds through their paces. :wink:

3 Likes

Well, with the #6 tobacco prototype, Flavorah has created a concentrate which mimics a N.E.T. just about perfectly!

I mixed up three test batches of the #6 prototype last night; at 1%, 2% and 3%, figuring I was going to let them steep for a week or two before testing. When I was making the 2% batch, I screwed up and added a drop or two more than was needed, so I put that sample aside and made another one, true to the 2%.

Instead of just ditching the mistake 2% batch, I put it on a dripper just to see how it tasted…and BAM! I thought to myself…I’ll never have to make my own NET again! It’s right here in this bottle!

My first impression is that the #6 prototype lends itself to being a beautiful marriage of leaves which make up a fine cigar! Nicaraguan maduro, Habano Ecuador ligero, Honduran grown Cuban-seed leaf…Whatever it is, the result is a fantastic combination which produces a wonderful cigar NET like vape!

Slap me silly, but this is what the #6 prototype tasted like after a quick shake and vape! There’s no telling what it will taste like after sitting on the steep shelf for a month or six! I’m vaping some right now at a ratio of 50pg/50vg, 2 grams concentrate with 6mg nicotine. I could swear I was vaping some of Clay’s cigar NET from Naturally Extracted Tobacco (dot) Com.

It will be a while before these prototypes will be released to the public, but keep your eyes on Flavorah, they’re soon to have some top quality tobacco concentrates on the market. :grinning:

12 Likes

Good news, Bad news…

Bad news first. Flavorah will probably not be releasing the NET cigar flavored concentrate (#6 prototype). Why? Well, it was actually a NET. Deeming FDA regs will more than likely halt it’s release. Flavorah doesn’t want to be caught up in anything, “real tobacco” oriented. :pensive: I’m really sad about this, 'cause 1% or less was all you needed for a great cigar vape; nothing else was needed in the mix…truly a stand alone concentrate.

Take a long walk on a short pier FDA! :rage:

Good news. Flavorah is bottling up a Kentucky Blend which has just as much, if not more, character as the Red Burley. Woot!

Briefly reviewed:

#4 prototype - Kentucky dark fire cured pipe/cigar tobacco; dark, full bodied, almost pungent in nature, but not as pungent as say, Latakia or Perique; nicely aromatic; slightly bitter; picking up on some nut and caramel qualities; Medium ash content.

Mixed at 5%, 40pg/60vg; would mix at 3% as primary tobacco.

Good things to come! :wink:

6 Likes

Sorry for the huge lettering…mobile copy and paste post gone wonky!

4 Likes

For real!! I’m bummed, but I’m glad they’re keeping the tobacco flavors at least. They seem like they do them well. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Are they still allowed to give them away? They can send their leftovers to my address, it’s almost my birthday!!! :innocent:[quote=“Kinnikinnick, post:13, topic:59009”]
Good news. Flavorah is bottling up a Kentucky Blend which has just as much, if not more, character as the Red Burley. Woot!
[/quote]

Still waiting for them to be released and stocked in Europe :expressionless:

3 Likes

I ordered a dozen flavors from them on Monday , I left a message that I was wanting to order some of the new flavors that wasn’t listed.
None of the Tobacco’s but I did get Macaroon and Mango thrown in with a Thank you note! Yay , Happy Dance!
I do love Flavorah and what they are doing!

4 Likes