Flavorah Tasting Notes

You are absolutely correct…The mint (for me)…was very subtle, and then went away…My guess is that it still contributes to the overall flavor of the vape in some way, even when the taste (mint) is no longer or not evident…Several tasting notes have at least one thing in common, in that they seem to describe the vape as a complex sort of flavor experience…almost ethereal, so to speak… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

NB* Flavorah sent me these to test,
all tested at 3 & 6 % max VG none of them need the 6% i’ve stress-tested them at,
I’d guess 1-4% - 5-6 max.
Early impressions of this batch as a whole suggest they’re still bolder, stronger than the industry average but not redonkulous strong like FLV coconut, Ginger Snap snap being the more timid of the bunch.

Thai Chai
smell test; top note of ripe* or “brown”/ dried bananas.
Taste also, definite ripe/dried sticky banana /red cooked banana & a bit of cinnamon,
nicely sweet, not the chai i’m used to but i like it,
good inspiration starter!

2nd round love it!, no joke, this could be my go-to banana base.

While this is a Chai, and will see use with extra cinnamon & spice as such, Ithere will be other uses to bolster sweet & fruit & drink mixes.

Ginger Snap
getting more of a caramel/ slight molasses than ginger, mind you i adore ginger and i think only one batch of gingersnaps i’ve ever had delivered enough ginger bite for me, guessing this is a mainstream (no bad thing) ginger snap, i was hoping for an outlier, evil-twisted, face contorting hyper-ginger brandy snap.
Flavorah make a killer standalone Ginger!! and it shall be done!
6% muddies it-don’t go there.

mainstream ginger snap …a starting point, ginger-junkies will need to trick it out. (pssst…a touch of orange could complement it)

“Be careful with Gingersnap, it appears to be a real coil/wick gunker.” A_B_Dada

worth repeating…
Flavorah _…make a killer standalone Ginger!!

Grape
smell off the bottle definitely on the candy end of the grape "spectrum"
first vape impression, weaker than i had expected, (@ 3%) judging on the smell
the flavour carries differently, thinner, and more “floral” than smell would suggest…
this flavour may be more interesting than it first appears, it obviously has recognisable TPA like grape candy volatiles, but also some nice grape skin & flesh notes, even a bit of grape jelly/pectin.

again, 2nd round I like it even more, it combines qualities of both a straight candy like grape
and a more complex, heady range of top-notes.
it has more body than most grape flavours with “floral” notes.
& a more well-rounded, grown up flavour than most grape with a grape-candy profile.

6% this is very, very good. I’m impressed!.

Aromatic grape, despite the “candy” first impression, with a good bit of grape skin, flesh & body to it.

Lemon Grass
this captures the “woody”, stem part, a bit sweet, slightly “blue smoke” flavour.
@ 3% feels weak, would like more of the top & side tangy / sharp green notes
will try @ higher % to see if citrus/citrine quality can be increased while not overdoing it’s “woodyness”.

2nd round, this is a very satisfying, familiar flavour. I think they may have pitched this right, outliers can push-pull this a whole range of ways, especially in PH perception.

6% Yes… This is encouraging,
the greeness i felt was lacking is now present,
without the stem flavour overpowering,
Though my taste would like more sharpness, that at least is something those who want it can do some citrus combination.
MMmmmmm Chlorophyll.

Cupcake Batter
smell of caramel, straight off the bottle.
Taste, yes, I can see 1.000.001 uses for this.

6% update. (don’t need to go quite that high)
Wow, like a fluffy well mixed batter, freshly baked, butter & egg yolk present & correct,

“FLV Cupcake Batter is their #1 best flavor I’ve tried of them. It’s fantastic at 3%-4% as a singular flavor.”

• A_B_Dada
14 Likes

Nice reviews! :wink:

I can see using the cup cake batter and ginger snap for some of my tobacco mixes to come; haven’t done a test batch on these yet, but, it’s good to see they’ll be usable! :grinning:

1 Like

Cheers!
Yes they’re all absolutely usable! and most definitely a recognisable Flavorah style.
As is often the case you often have to get used to them for what they are rather than what you expected them to be.

2 Likes

Exactly! Sometimes the name outside the bottle is not quite what’s inside the bottle; figuring out how best to use what’s inside the bottle is the fun part! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Pink Guava ")

1 Like

Great review.
Be interested to hear your report with higher percentages.
Have to say I find the lemongrass very intriguing?
An unusual flavour outside of spice dishes so it gets my creative thoughts flowing as to pairings etc…
Also a big fan of ginger in mainstream cooking and drinks so will be expecting some great things of this flavour?

2 Likes

You like tobacco’s have you ever tried to clone cigars, like Tatiana Groovy Blue’s ?

2 Likes

Very nice! I’m a Ginger lover… it can quickly overtake a recipe. I think that sounds like something I could try!

2 Likes

I’ve updated OP to some @ 6% …more later, you’re right… can’t wait to get stuck in with these!

2 Likes

That’s sounding more promising?
Looking forward to further reports!
Thank you

2 Likes

For others interested in this topic:

:grinning:

2 Likes

updated the 6% notes

this isn’t too strong in the ginger, a touch of FA orange should be good, just ordered the FLV orange, have you tried it? (not heard any reports on it yet)

2 Likes

I have not tried the Orange yet but it is on my list. I’m very interested in the Ginger!

2 Likes

FLV Cupcake Batter is their #1 best flavor I’ve tried of them. It’s fantastic at 3%-4% as a singular flavor.

Be careful with Gingersnap, it appears to be a real coil/wick gunker.

5 Likes

updated OP to include, this relevant info,
cheers!

1 Like

Agreed… I was very taken aback when I mixed the CC batter for the first time. It will prove to add a nice mellowing agent to a few of my tobacco mixes.

…and welcome to the forum @A_B_Dada!

5 Likes

I was wondering if anyone could compare the cupcake batter to TFAs Vanilla Cupcake - or is this an apples/oranges comparison? I have an ADV favorite that I mix where TFAs Vanilla Cupcake features prominently. But I’m always looking to expand/improve. Thanks!

2 Likes

manthe the best way that I personally can answer your question is the two are similar but different and if I put TFA vanilla Cupcake and FLV cake batter together, well I have a better tasting Vanilla Cupcake. I believe FLV cupcake Batter would benefit your recipe and you would be glad you bought it. It may improve some recipes and make others just an alternate, but I love the rich taste of the Cupcake Batter I just wish it were a little stronger where less can be used. You can check out my review of FLV beta flavors if you like. http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/flavorah-beta-review/61671

1 Like

So where is the cheepest place to buy these? Any coupons?

1 Like