FlavourArt Starting Percentages

Continuing the discussion from Flavorart starting percentages:

1 Like

I gave that SS a gander awhile back when i was branching out with my flavorings. Some of them are so far off, to me, that they arent usable. Cappuccino (CAP) 11%? 4% is the most ive ever used but then again we only drip. I only use the Cappuccino as a singular example, there are many like this. Personally i find the average flavoring usage from this site to be much more accurate.

A standardized flavor tasting method and time are your best bet. I use 1 drop flavoring to 1 shot glass of water. It gives me a general idea what the flavor tastes like and its strength when compared to other flavor tasting sessions using other flavorings. In my notebooks i have notes from each session with a rating system, from 1-5 for strength of flavor.

2 Likes

I found this to be true as well. There were some flavor percentages I did use as listed on various spreadsheets with success. However, more often than not, I found them misleading. Between spreadsheets and researching percentages in mixes of others, I finally had to come up with a way to test flavors for myself; not just taking someone elseā€™s word for what would work for me. Long hard road, but worth it!

But hey, itā€™s a starting point for lots of people to get their feet wet in DIY; theyā€™ll learn, just like the rest of us!

2 Likes

Yep, the difference between good juice and great juice.

I found the same to be true, some lists were too vague, some lists completely inaccurate and once in awhile one would be spot on. I have flavor notes, strength and smell for each flavor in my notebookā€¦ Wasnt the quickest route be then again it did save some time on crappy mixes.

But, what ever works for a person is what they should use.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve looked at that many times, just to get an idea of what other people would do - Then checked ELRā€™s flavor detail page - That usually gives me a good idea of how to start :smile:

1 Like

Has anyone else done a standalone vape of flavourart Joy flavouring? It honestly tasted like I just vaped a sourdough bun ā€¦weird

1 Like

How long did you let it rise? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I bet this would be good with like a caramel and some kind of cream ā€¦Iā€™m feeling kind of inspired right about now

1 Like

FA Chestnut itā€™s in the kitchen Magic line I believe but for some reason I bought it off of ECX. Has anyone seen any recipes with it. Idk that Iā€™d be willing to risk it, but was thinking why ECX would sell it, if it wasnā€™t intended to be vaped ? I may be wrong, maybe someone knows more about it could chime in. I looked it up on the FA page and it became more confusing as there is a eliquid they sell as chestnut. Any thoughts ?

http://www.flavourart.nl/en/chestnut-flavor.html

Flavourart.com says ā€œThis flavor contains Diacetyl and/or related diketones. Not suitable for vaping. For further details see diacetyl page in Vape Heaven section Suggested percentage 2-3%ā€

Flavourart.co.uk doesnā€™t seem to have a chestnut flavor at all.

My opinion, with 0% factual basis? Itā€™s not oil based, so as far as that is concerned Iā€™d say itā€™s ā€œsafe,ā€ but it does seem to contain the ā€˜badā€™ stuff so if youā€™re trying to stay away from those, Iā€™d avoid it.

1 Like

Thanks jojo I did see the related diketones warning. I just havenā€™t seen anyone doing anything with it. It is super strong smelling and I did put it in a mix when I first got it but never vaped it. I may ponder it further.

Iā€™d vape it, but Iā€™m one of those that shrugs off the diketone thing. :stuck_out_tongue: Sounds really interesting.

3 Likes

I vape some things that have " related diketones " warnings i.e. condensed milk FA , whipped cream FA , GC TFA so I hear ya I shrug on some myself. Hee hee youā€™re giving me confidence via positive- persuasion " Iā€™d vape it." ( I canā€™t quote reply that well on my chromebook pita computer)

Are you thinking of getting Nonnaā€™s cake FA ? I keep checking ECX for it to come in. Lars contacted them and itā€™s been ordered just waiting for the shipments.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m pretty excited about that one. I havenā€™t done much with cake yet. I have FW yellow but Iā€™ve heard so much about it being a coil gunker that I havenā€™t really used it yet. Iā€™m hopefully Nonnaā€™s cake is better on that end.

1 Like

Me too, I just did a Blueberry cake donut and I used yellow cake but I wished I had Nonnaā€™s cake to try in there. Yellow cake is great but u got to keep it low like 1-1.25 bc your right it gunks coils so bad and I donā€™t rebuild so errhh you may get a couple days outa it and thatā€™s it.