For pipe flavors

I just got my for pipe flavors …I’m so stoked! Am I alone in feeling like a kid with a new bike. I got French …gold…black cherry … Vanilla. I’m thinking I’m going to make a Jamaican rum mix on one.an apple on another and a custard on another and …and … And …and …OK I’m excited :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Nope :grinning:
Try them out as a standalone too, they are excellent!

2 Likes

In the cabinette steeping as we speak😉

3 Likes

Hey Jim . been thinking I wanna make some mixes up with those for pipe flavors. Mainly that golden.I’m thinking some Jamaican rum . and oba oba.
On the French I’m thinking vcustard 2 or fa custard or bav cream.
On the blk cherry probably something crusty maybe apple pie or joy or something buttery . on the vanilla I’m not sure of any direction yet. Any thoughts on some mixes. I’m wanting to accent the tobacco not cover it. Any thoughts on this are welcome

Sounds like you’re going down a good path. I do the same thing sometimes with certain tobaccos; pair it with something I already taste in the tobacco when I’m doing single flavor testing. Other times I’ll pair it with something which might just naturally go with whatever tobacco I’m using.

Case in point:

I have a tobacco which has a juniper background. About the only thing I could think to pair it with was INW Smoke and Prunes, having researched what pairs with juniper berries…prunes.

This mix turned out pretty good after studying a pairing guide.

Side note: FA custard is very lemony! Can’t say I’ve used it much with tobaccos.

Enjoy your “for Pipe” collection! I know I have :+1:

Juniper isn’t that the central taste in gin

1 Like

Quite right! :wink:

Yunyan description in link below:

First mix .I would post but haven’t figured out how.so I’ll type it out. Fifteen ml.in glass to steep.
Gold for pipe (inw).5 ml
Jamaican rum (FW).3 ml
Coconut extra (TPA).3 ml
Guava (FA) .2 mlml
VG/pg and shake.don’t taste or you will not steep.lol.or make two

On your recipe on the main ELR site, click the blue wrench, then click “Copy as HTML (text)”. Then when you paste it, it’s all pretty. :wink:

Thaks jojo

1 Like