Frosting Flavorah... Da Shiznit

i have not tried this flavor as thouroughly as id like but i have use it in a couple recipes to sweeten the mix u and to add a layer in a mix … but hopefully soon ill be able to use this in a few different applications , but as a sweetener / light creamy mouthfeel booster upper ( lol ) it is good , i have used this flavor at .25 to .5. but not any higher , maybe ill use the WF SC angel food cake and the frosting together to see how well the frosting does with a cake type flavor hmmmm a 2 flve recipe

3 Likes

Yep. I’ll definitely second that!
It’s been a flavor that I dug from the word go. I’ve played with it for several months now, and like MF butterscotch, it’s one of those flavors that I consider a must have in my arsenal. There’s just nothing else quite like it.

5 Likes

I use it in several recipes & usually at 1% or less, but my Twinkies recipe is the exception at 1.5%. It’s a great flavor & very handy to have.

4 Likes

the only problem I am having, unfortunately , are the bottles, and got about 30 more have’nt open yet, the regular bottles are good, these new bottles, well i’m losing juice. i am calling FLV. today, They have super great customer service

5 Likes

I’m glad to see the direct comparison here. I have been using LA CCI for a long time. It does add a nice deep icing note that reminds me of the glaze that comes with those tubes of cinnamon rolls, but the problem- at least for me- is it all but disappears completely in seemingly just days. If this is a good, lasting alternative I am in. Eventually. Wallet still smoldering from the MF outburst.

6 Likes

I also noticed it seemed to have kind of a “doldrums effect” (where either it subsides in the mix momentarily, or the other flavors dominate for a bit -not sure which yet, as the couple of mixes I’ve been toying with it most in are somewhat similar) but in weeks 2-3 the frosting came back to where it was supposed to be for me.

7 Likes

Are you referring the Pro’s Shiznit or the CCI?

3 Likes

ya all of mine have broke like your greek yogurt one

4 Likes

FLV Frosting. Never bought LA cream cheese icing. (never been a fan of CCI in real life. Though I love cream cheese on bagels.)

6 Likes

This is something I may have missed as I very seldom try a mix in less than 3 weeks, but I find myself breaking this rule more as of late. I’l certainly look for this since you pointed it out.

7 Likes

I wish you had tried LA CCI to compare. I’m like you in the real life CCI respect. I am not a fan much. But it is deep and rich and sweet in vape juice, but unfortunately, also fleeting. It never came back for me after a couple days in any recipes I’ve used.

3 Likes

I’ve tried LA CCI since everybody is raving about it.

I don’t like that weird icing that you find on most cakes sold in stores or bakeries. I get some weird plastic artificial taste from it, mostly ruining every cake and enjoyment…

I’m more into cream or butter cream frostings, that what we put on cakes in europe. After picking up CCI for me personally it doesn’t remind me of any of that.

I get no actual icing, nor frosting, glaze but what I do get is weird cream cheese at any percentage followed by plastic.

No matter at what percentage, it’s great for a actual secondary and depth note when building a cheese cake but it’s not a cake topping/icing.

It’s a 2-4 week steep minimum before it’s even noticeable and then it mostly overruns everything else in a mix, unless it’s heavy custard or bakery. I have a love hate relationship with that flavor and mostly reach for butter cream frosting (WF-SC).

Unfortunately it doesn’t work with a lot of recipes because not everything goes with butter cream lol.

I’m always on the look out for recommendations but mostly pray it’s not FLV or MF due to the price. Oh well I’ll add it to my list if it steeps quicker and is more versatile than CCI or/and butter cream frosting.

Maybe someone uses all three and can do a comparison? Thanks for sharing your thoughts on frosting (flv) tho.

4 Likes

@Pro_Vapes I was surprised to see this post, as honestly, it never would have occurred to me that this could be used as an enhancer, and I merely fumbled around with it, using it as, well, FROSTING, LOL. I will continue to watch this thread, and begin some experiments with this one. Thanks for your insights on this.

3 Likes

This is part of what makes DIY mixing such a quandary, and what makes it so specifically personalized. You and I detect just about the complete opposite of what can be detected. I see sweet, rich icing that disappears quickly, and you see weird, plasticy grossness that sticks like dog poo on the bottom of a shoe. How can anyone extract good info from this? It’s funny. It just takes personal experience in so many cases.

It hasn’t put me off wanting Frosting, though it does contradict my desire to pare the pile down. Ack. But our individual reviews of this same concentrate couldn’t be much more different! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Reviews are just that… REVIEWS*. You can follow that up even further… In order to see notes, you’re probably on the Flavors Page. One more click will bring you to recipes… Clicking any recipe can bring you more info about that flavor. When in doubt just dig a bit deeper and you might find more info to make your decision a little more simple…

Mastering this tool below will help a lot in flavor decisions…

1 Like

I have that one bookmarked already. I was just sort of making a point about individuality overall, but maybe it wasn’t the best point to make.

3 Likes

Your point is very valid and has been a major sticking point for me. If you have a 50/50 decision, viewing recipes can help you also. See who’s using it and how it’s being used. You can also find flavor notes beyond SF Test in some recipes.

4 Likes

Let me know how that works out please.

4 Likes

That’s the reason I started diy. I couldn’t find anything I liked or needed to settle for boring strawberry since that together with cheesecake, is most stores only flavor variety.

Sometimes I wish I could taste what other people taste, would be so much easier and I wouldn’t feel like I’m the weirdo lol. That’s why I always say, test it for yourself because that somebody might love the profile or get just as advertised the flavor it’s labeled as :wink:

However I do love reading different opinions, it definitely makes it easier for me picking flavors. If all of you say it’s a nice mellow orange, I know not to pick it up because I’ll probably taste watermelon, but I could pick it up for my husband, he always tastes the opposite and it drives me crazy lol.

3 Likes

My last off-topic comment here, but I don’t know that you’re the weirdo. Could very easily be me. That’s sorta my point.

Frosting.

OK, back on topic.

4 Likes