Fruit based vapes make me cough

Is it the mango? You did a test with just peach. And then mention peach mango. hmmm.

Anyhoo. You should just do a test pg/vg and nic. At the end result of 1.5mg nic generally speaking you shouldn’t be able to taste it or have a major throat hit. Especially if it’s fine in other recipes and store bought.

Thanks to @LordVapor and comments from @Maureeenie about Pyure, I found that Pyure smooths harsh notes, makes fruits pop and adds sweetness.

1 Like

Will this work the same as pyure?

I’m no chemist, but that seems like a lot of ingredients. Natural flavors and preservatives seems a bit extra to me. Maybe someone with more of a chemical background can weigh in. Me personally, I wouldn’t vape it.

2 Likes

This is what I picked up.

Not alot of information on it here, still figuring out how to use it. Anyone with knowledge of this product, I would appreciate all the help I can get.

1 Like

@back_woods_alchemist, that’s the one I use (off of ebay - cant get Pyure in UK) Ive used it exclusively for about 2 months now, cant say that it makes all fruits less harsh but it doesn`t contain the acids of the Pyure product so maybe that makes a difference

One thing I have noticed in side by side trials with sucralose is that I get up to 4 times the volume vaped before having to swap out the rayon or clean the coils, dependant on whether the flavour concentrate contains sucralose

I have a few batches steeping that I have added 0.25% citric acid. I found that cider, white wine or rice wine vinegars added a boozy aroma that I didn`t enjoy

I should add that I only vape fruity juices

1 Like

If you don’t mind, How would you compare the sweetness levels of the stevia glycerite to sucralose? I’m new to mixing, I made my first order from Nude Nicotine they only sent half my order which didn’t include my sweeteners and I’m still trying to get the rest of it.

I fill a 10ml bottle such as flavours come in and use 1 drop per 5ml of juice, be sure to shake well as the stevia can separate, and keep the rest refrigerated

1 Like

Mofogger, daath, Pro_Vapes - Not that you’ve been using the Pyure for at least a year now, how’s it holding up? Also, how would you get this for a commercial eliquid - like a large quantity of it? Would you suggest getting the powder form and making up a gallon or so? Also, any recommendations on mixing the powder? I saw daath said he mixed 1g powder - 9g pg. Did that work well? Is it still 300/400 times stronger/sweeter than sucralose? Thank you

Oh yeah, are you guys noticing any separation?

I probably use it in 60% of my recipes… mostly fruit recipes. As far as powder or bulk, I don’t have a clue.

I’m just gonna tag these two for you, Whoever

@daath @Mofogger

2 Likes

I don’t use Pyure - only the Rebaudioside-A powder - it’s OK - I don’t use it much, but it has done its job in the recipes I’ve added it to! It tends to crystallize again… So before I use it, I heat it with my hand and shake the shit out of it, until it looks dissolved :slight_smile:

I still love the stuff! Like @Pro_Vapes said, I mostly use it in fruit blends. It really pulls the flavors together and rounds off the sharp acidic notes in fruit flavorings.

I’m not sure what to say about commercial/mass mixing tho… They do have a web site and I’m sure you could order as much as you need. Or maybe talk to someone in sales to see if they have a bulk option. Even at retail prices, the stuff is dirt cheap and a little goes a loooooong way.

Some quick math…
I usually use 0.5% or 1% Pyure in a mix…
So, if I use 0.5% Pyure in a 60ml mix, that’s 0.3ml of Pyure…
One little bottle of Pyure has 26ml in it for about ~$4-$5
26ml / 0.3ml = <86 (60ml bottles)
86 x 60 = 5160ml of juice
If 1% were used in the mix then we’d yield half the mass, so, 43 (60ml bottles)
Either way… That is a helluvalot of juice from just one little bottle.

EDIT: Oops, almost forgot to answer your last question… I’ve never had any separation in my Pyure mixes or the clear dropper bottle of Pyure I transferred it into when I bought it. It has never separated, crystallized or changed color… and I don’t even refrigerate it, just keep it in a closed drawer with my other flavorings at room temp.