Fuhattan I just can't help myself

Cheers Ken.

To be honest I haven’t even fired it up yet.

I don’t have my KURO or ohm reader yet and I haven’t got my Nitecore i2 charger yet either.

So it’s just collecting dust until my other orders arrive. Lol.

But yeah the copper/carbon fibre does look lovely!

J

1 Like

Here’s a couple of pics of a build on the plume veil.

Unfired and unfinished.

Initially the single coil alone on my MVP registered 0.4ohms.

Once I added the second it just read 0.0ohms.

I must admit I’m not entirely happy about the gold plating coming off already on the PV.

But I do have an SS deck coming on my other PV. Hopefully PV and PV1.5 aren’t too different on the decks.

My first ever coil threading as these were prebuilt with the PV1.5.

I just wanted to see how building a deck felt.

And it felt pretty natural.

I used a small screw driver to thread my coil onto. Cut one leg shorter than the other and had the deck built in about 5 mins.

J

Little Vape Mail update.

My KURO coil master tool and my ohm reader.

I may have a go at building a quad coil 0.4-0.6ohm build tonight (once I’ve checked it on steam engine) and once the wife has gone to bed and stopped asking me about how much my new gear has cost. Lol.

I swear she thinks I’m lying when I tell her it’s dirt cheap from FT.

The dual coil I put together last night is reading 0.24ohms which is a bit too close to the amp limit for my liking on steam engine with my 25r’s especially with a slight possible ohm discrepancy with ohm readers.

Here’s hoping that my Muji and i2 charger get here tomorrow.

The i2 landed in the UK yesterday from Singapore. So if postman pat does his job right it should land at my doorstep tomorrow.

J

Just checked on steam engine and Heat Flux is far far far too cold to warrant a 0.6ohm quad build so I think I’ll do a 0.6 dual build tonight ready in anticipation of my cotton and charger arriving.

Keep you all posted!

Guess what I’m doing? Lol.

J

1 Like

Here’s my first attempt and building and firing some coils.

I was aiming for a 0.6ohm dual coil build.

Here’s some pics.

I don’t think that’s too bad for a first attempt.

J

3 Likes

That coil tool is awesome rt!!!?

1 Like

It’s a little tricky to work with for a beginner.

What the pics don’t show are the other 2 coils I fucked up and the one I over tightened and snapped on the deck lol.

J

2 Likes

I also think I know why I ended up with a 0.49 dual coil build.

I counted 6 wraps.

Where I think it was actually only a 5 wrap coil.

Do you count the first turn over and under of the coil which would include the leg and first loop??

I’m thinking not. As steam engine said my wrap count should make a .6ohm build with 2 coils.

I’ve got a fair bit of kanthal so I may try again tonight at wrapping some more.

J

1 Like

So my charger shows up today.

Woohoo!

No freaking MUJI though lol.

So I’m virtually there, I might take my Fuhattan out tonight with my Nautilus on top.

J

1 Like

You can use sterile cotton from any pharmacy the pads u ordered is just better

1 Like

It’s fine don’t worry. It’ll probably be here tomorrow.

Besides knowing me I’ll choose something with antiseptic contained in it lol.

J

I used CVS Organic Cotton Balls for quite awhile, they work great and are bleached with hydrogen peroxide which breaks down to water and oxygen so no harmful chemicals. I still have 4 bags of them, hehe. Once i found Shiseido pads i never used the cotton balls again.

It all looks good and appears you are having a great time which is what matters!

Edit to add: To center the coils better jump over to the next hole on the pos block. Makes wicking more even.

2 Likes

Thanks Ken.

I did actually build with some pre made 0.5ohm coils first to get a feel for it and actually did go to the furthest positive on each of those but they were a little bigger and I felt a bit unsure with small coils whether it would be too much of a stretch.

But I’ve cottoned my coils and look at this.

1 Like

Looks good! Seen these wide bore drip tips/top caps? Love these things and they work great on the PV.

1 Like

Nice.

But let me get used to the PV first lol.

J

Hey fellow Vapers.

Here’s some pics of my first quad coil build.

@NewDrip not quite to your standards but only my second ever time building coils.

Big shout out to @Robthevaper who’s guided me through the mech mod paradise and a bit of battery safety.

Now to the pics.

3 Likes

Aimed for 0.7ohm dual coil build.

Achieved a 0.64ohm dual coil build.

I’m preferring the slightly higher dual build at present over the lower quad.

When my IGO-W and PLUME VEIL SS get here I think I’ll try out a few different builds.

I’ll have to order some more Kanthal this week with some other grades too.

I’ll probably get some 22, 24 and possibly some 26 along with my 28awg Kanthal.

May try some parallels and start trying my hand at some twisted coils.

J

2 Likes

Beautiful build. I personally prefer 28g Kanthal because of the ramp up time and flavor, for Kanthal that is. My favorite wire is 316L 26g. It takes a few more wraps but it has low ramp up time, is very durable and provides fantastic flavor with plain microcoil builds. If you look at the other sellers list it is cheaper than the original posting.

Dont hesitate to get some 30g too, great for twisted builds. I order all my Kanthal from either Lightening Vapes or direct from Temco.

Nice job and happy vaping!

2 Likes

Cheers Ken.

I’ll look into the 316L isn’t there 317L also that can be used?

I’m feeling a lot happier about wrapping coils after this dual build as my coils are getting tighter and closer together without much need to crimp them before heating etc.

The only reason I mentioned the thicker gauges of Kanthal is that I want to try and get more surface area with my dual coil builds to hopefully achieve greater flavour again.

I’ve seen a RipTrippers video where he does a 28g 4strand parallel 10wrap single coil that I wouldn’t mind trying and it comes out at 0.5ohms. It’s a big one that’s for sure and needs to be built slightly angled to fit most decks.

But it looks like it would be a great build to try.

But that’s a few more coils away just yet lol.

J

1 Like