Fur babies!

Hey cat lovers (and sympathizers), if you’re the praying sort, say a quick one for my girl Luna and I or send us good energy. She has CKD and it was a really bad night last night. Spent yesterday throwing up and hasn’t eaten, drank, or moved much. I’m force feeding/watering with pedialyte and baby food until I can get her to the vet. To top it off, my other girl Abby (human) has a stomach bug. It was a long, disgusting night. LOL. Luna did get up and drink a little on her own this morning so I’m hopeful she’ll bounce back. It’s the first time I’ve had to deal with a chronically ill pet and it’s breakin’ my heart. She’s my fur baby and my best little friend and I hate seeing her so miserable. :cry:

In other news, wish me luck. Real college (University…I spent the first two years in community college with most classes online) starts in a little over a week and I’m kinda freaking out. I don’t do people IRL very well. LOL. If I’m not around much, I’ve most likely collapsed under my Calculus textbook and homework. :wink:

20 Likes

I’m not the praying sort, but I’ll send some good thoughts and energy your way!

And good luck with college - From what I’ve seen of you here, you’re totally gonna nail it, even if it’s hard!

8 Likes

Best wishes to you and yours… I hope everything get better and I know you will excellent with school. Good Luck!

7 Likes

my good thought are heading your way… I hate it when a family member gets I’ll!!!

7 Likes

What’s that?
Me and my cats and dog will be rooting for you. I’ve lost 2 cats and 2 dogs in the last 4 years and it is absolutely horrible!
It is definitely a downside to pets, you end up outliving them.

[quote=“JoJo, post:1, topic:25440”]
I don’t do people IRL very well.
[/quote]I hear ya, goodluck!

6 Likes

Thanks. CKD is Chronic Kidney Disease. Pretty common in cats from what I hear, especially older ones. She’s not that old, only about 8, but I guess she drew a short straw. We adopted her from a rescue organization about 2.5 years ago and I found out last year about the CKD when she did this the first time. Some IV fluids had her feeling better again that time. Here’s hoping it’s that simple this time and things look up again, at least for a little while. I hate it, too. The only pets I’ve had long enough to die were a hamster and a fish. My daughter is taking it pretty rough, too. One of life’s harder lessons, for sure.

6 Likes

[quote=“JoJo, post:6, topic:25440”]
I guess she drew a short straw
[/quote]That is very unfortunate, hopefully she perks up again. Kids take it very hard, I know that from experience. You are completely powerless to do anything about it. You’re supposed to be the parent that protects them from hurt, but you can’t and it’s horrible. Very hard indeed.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear about your cat JoJo. We’ve lost a couple to CKD.

6 Likes

I can’t even imagine your worry and stress right now. Our Dolly Dog is everything, not sure what we would do without her… Lots of well wishes and prayers from me to yours.

7 Likes

3 cats and a chocolate lab running around my house, also had a black lab that passed earlier this year from old age (that was a tough one) … Prays have been sent!

9 Likes

So sorry for your loss @Shaner.

6 Likes

Hang in there @JoJo! We’ll be thinking about you and yours! Think of us as fam and remember, you can always blow off steam with family!

You can do it!!!

9 Likes

No, no, not that sweet Luna. All us kittens are praying for her quick recover.

I feel for you Jojo! My wife and I have cared for a whole lotta cats for a very long time. We still have 14 of the critters. My best of wishes for you and Luna !!!

7 Likes

Thanks so much guys. I came to the forum hoping to win a Provari, but what I got was something so much better…awesome friends. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

my mutt

9 Likes

Hope your kitty is feeling better

6 Likes

Hope they get better! Dont stress about school, you are very smart, you’ll do well. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ll pray for y’all. I’m sorry to hear about your cat and your daughter. Hope they are on the mend soon.

I have an elderly dog 12 ( she’s the brown one in the pic. ) the younger one is asleep 8yo.

Congratulations on going on to university ! You will do just fine !

6 Likes

Hi Jo-Jo, prayers have been sent for Luna and you. I know how much I love my two fur balls; I hate it if they just get car sick.

5 Likes

Calculus text books. Get hold of an old 1920 to 1950 edition from library. Us oldsters lay out problems much clearer than today. We cut the spin and get to the heart of the matter. Been where you are and done that.

6 Likes