Griffin leaking problems

thanks. I will try it on the next run and see what happens!

That is how I wick mine (25mm), just at the bottom of the wick retaining ring. Also, it looks like the wick might be touching the airflow holes which could be causing it to drip into the airflow control ring area (which is where it looks to be coming from).

2 Likes

I need to rewick mine, it has been a good month probably, I will take a couple picks when I do in an hour or less

good point. thanks.

that would be awesome. thank you.

This is the way I currently wick the 4 juice channels, when I am stuffing the holes… I am stuffing the holes (still never got a dry hit). The lengths of wick were not trimmed from what you see, about the length from out of the coil to the top of the outside of the deck (where the silicone ring is not the retaining ring) All that cotton wicking is stuffed into those holes, you would think it would stick out further after going into the retaining ring but it doesn’t.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

yes very decieving the length of cotton to the wick ring :slight_smile: thank you. I will give this a shot later tonight if time permits.

Yep! Fixed! Now this RTA is everything it should be! Thanks brother!

1 Like

Sweet! Happy to hear it. I’m going to be doing a rewick tonight with @CallMeTut advice in his advice demo. :slight_smile:

Sweet! I think the pics that you posted of your last rewick were spot on. Ive tried several different ways and found that having the wick just reach through the ring make it perfect. I usually build pretty hot coils, .15 - .25ohms so I need the wick to be able to absorb as much juice as fast as possible and for me, wicking it as you have it in your pictures is tits lol.

1 Like

Thanks but i was still getting leaks so I’m going to let the wick go longer in the wick ring as callmetut showed. And pray lol

Haha! I hear ya! I have also wicked them so that the wick actually comes all the way down to the bottom of the juice channel. It still wicks well but at lower wattages 30-40, maybe 45 watts. So if you are building at .35 - .45ohms this might be a good option. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

1 Like

ohhhh cool. I have 2 griffins so I’ll try that with the other one

1 Like

an hour in after @CallMeTut and @Bearkat wick advice…so far so good! (stay away Gremlins!) Thank you guys!
P.S. @LA_Vaper your turn lol

was too anxious to rewick and forgot to take pics through the process…duhhhhhhhhh

3 Likes

Glad it’s working for you!

not as glad as I am lol thanks again :beers: cyber beers for you and @CallMeTut

2 Likes

Haha! So I did a quick build last night…6 wraps, 24g kanthal at 2.2mm and am right at .3ohms. For this build I wicked it a little longer so that the cotton goes down the juice channel. Vapes great and most importantly, no leaks!

3 Likes

sweeeeeet! nice going

1 Like

It is a complete pain in the ass the first 1-3 times you attempt wick it. It will start to get easier on the 4th and 5th try. I just make sure that the wick slides fairly easy between the coil. Then I throw a little juice on it so I can form the cotton. After that I screw the retaining ring on and make sure that there is plenty of room for air flow.

2 Likes

Good deal. Going to try this method tonight with my other tank. My coils are 3mm so lots of cotton which is a mofo to try to get into those channels. lol

1 Like