Has anyone ever heard that 316 SS kills mods?

I’m sure there is a minimum R the revenger is 0.5 I usually run Clapton’s at 0.24 ish I don’t believe that should be a problem this guy told me that SS will kill l a board

1 Like

There are some mods I have that have boards which require builds of .6 to 1 ohm. Maybe he meant fused claptons made with that wire.

I don’t know of any mods that were released in the last year to 18 months that don’t support 0.1 ohm. The Fuchai supports 0.1ohm officially if I remember correctly. However, I have one, not that I use it anymore, and have run 0.08 Aliens on it many times without an issue.

1 Like

Who knows? He could have been speaking on his past experience/disaster

Anyone who has been around electronics will tell you that you can get a bad unit at any time. Some are just bad from design on up and some are great but you can get a bad one every now and again. To say it was the type of wire is complete crap. I’m glad you got what you wanted in the end, but I personally would not buy there again. I research what I want based on reviews and thoughts of those who already have it then order online. I’ve dealt with one too many d-bags here in the b&m shops and won’t purchase anything from them.

1 Like

Very true. This case is classical. A 30 day preme. In large, electronic components will fail in the first 30 days if they are defective. This is assuming the design is good. Very few manufacturers have the time, space, or money to do “burn ins” of their products. Electronic components are very reliable with standard “line” testing but there is the occasional one that will test fine on the line and still have a defect. This goes for wash machines to whatever. Once past the 30 day mark, usually a moving part will fail first. And then of course there are those designers who don’t do worst out studies and don’t watch their tolerance stacking. I had a mixing board like that. Paid a shit ton of money for it and the regulators were underspeced. Had to modify the power supply to get the thing to work for over 30 days. Once modified it went for years.

3 Likes

I will never go back there It’s just I like being able actually hold and check out a mod before I buy it that was the only reason I bought from B&M

1 Like

When the FDA first started to threaten all things vape, I went to my local b&m, bought an RDA (one I was talked into that I didn’t like) and asked if I could put up a CASAA flyer and the owner/manager told me his shop was “off limits to politics”. So I started looking online and found things to be much cheaper. I would just go into the shop to see/hold then run home and order. I was told after awhile that my business wasn’t welcome and I laughed and said “what business?”. Haven’t been back since. I don’t believe all shops are like that but the two (at the time) were. Like going into a record store and every employee thinks they’re a rock star.

4 Likes

I have a store like that in town, very arrogant and over priced, told me I was a liar and paid shill when I left an honest review of there store and business practices.

4 Likes

I stopped buying Chinese mods, but I gotta say I like the looks of the revenger. I would also get an sx mini Q class. Anywho, glad it all worked out

Sounds like just about every vape shop around here. :persevere:

3 Likes

Yeah, sounds like the north side of St. Louis. I have exactly two shops that I would be willing to patronize, and sadly only one is “close”.

The close-ish one is about 20 minutes of mostly highway driving, and is in St. Charles. They operate under the name Smoke Smart LLC. Stellar team of well informed, friendly, helpful, and professional people. Especially Awesome in dealing with for those who are considering making the switch from smoking (or other tobacco use) to vaping, as they are not only not afraid to spend time with customers, but are happy to do so!

The other one is about 45 minutes to an hour to get to (for me), and is located in Arnold just south of South County. That store is called 510 Vapors. Roughly half the size of Smoke Smart, but another great team with a fairly decent selection and pricing, and really good customer service as well!

It’s a pretty sad state when the majority of what’s in the immediate metro-StL area is mediocre (but more commonly piss-poor) at best, especially with having the luxury of having 30-40 (guesstimate) shops around where some places are fortunate to have only one, or maybe a handful.

2 Likes

How far from I70 is the one in St Charles? I blow threw there often to visit my daughter.

2 Likes

It’s not far! Only a couple minutes from Cave Springs. Even though it shows as a St Peters address, to me it’s still St Charles since it’s closer to their borders than St Peters proper. St Peters has been trying to usurp all they can for tax reasons IMO, and there’s a lot that shouldn’t even be called St Peters. But anyways…

Smoke Smart
4875 Mexico Rd, St Peters, MO 63376

(The exit number is according to Google maps)

• Take exit 225 (Cave Springs Rd)

• head south on Cave Springs (that’s a Right if coming from St Peters, Left over the highway if coming from St Louis)

• go to the second traffic light (Mexico Rd) and make a Right.

• you’ll go down about 3/4 mile to a mile (past Jungermann Rd) to Klondike Crossing.

• just as you pass Klondike (the street), there’s a mini strip-mall on your left. Smoke Smart is in that first section of buildings (about the third or fourth business from the left end of the building).

wtf? was he even listening to himself when he was saying that to you?

1 Like

Got it! Thanks! Nice sidetrack to a long drive.

3 Likes

Bastards are all alike
:rage:

1 Like

Love this Revenger so far Fires up quick

I said to myself are you kidding me right now you fucking moron

yup all the same

1 Like