Help with Swiss apple tart recipe

As am I. Look forward to hearing the results!

@CarolinaVapen, @rightbrainvapor. What are you expecting form the marzipan mix? Have I done an no,no? This is the first thing that I’ve ever put marzipan in, didn’t do a single flavor test on it, naughty I know. The mix tasted good in water. :crossed_fingers: for this one, though I expect to revisit and amend this recipe.

Interesting thread, it appears ive never had an actual tart before. All the ones i have had have been, well, little pie type pastries with no creams/custards, fruit filled.

Now i have to find out where to get me one in southern Wisconsin.

Make it! The food I mean. The recipe’s posted above. You can use dirty old frozen puff pastry if you can’t be bothered making your own pastry. I’m so in love with this stuff :heart:

Well, if i dont find one this weekend i certainly will have to. The leaves are turning here so it will make a great excuse to get out there and see it all. We have an apple farm a couple miles away with a restaurant, if they dont have one ill have to make my own.

Definitely making me rethink some of my mixes.

1 Like

As a vape, the crust without cinnamon is hard to replicate, struggling with the baked egg custard too.

1 Like

What about a nice french vanilla? Some of them are a bit eggy or even a combo of french van and creme brulee.

I got FA french vanilla II, Creme brulee is on the to buy list. Any recommendations for the CB?

I have three, Liquid Barn, INW and FLV. I havent tried the FLV and between INW and LB id probably go with INW as it isnt as sweet so it should work a little better.

I dont have the FA FVan but TPA’s FVan Deluxe is a bit eggy and full of the good chemicals.

Glad to hear the recommendations for INW and FA, I can probably round those up pretty easily, thanks!

1 Like

Anytime, good sir. I was thinking of an apple cranberry tart if the apricot cranberry went well but ill put it on hold until i try a real one.

1 Like

Crapple Tart? Sounds shitty :rofl: Joke, I have faith in your taste.

2 Likes

Inawara Custard is very eggy and delicious.

3 Likes

Cures a bit quicker than most too.

1 Like

Thanks Louie, I’m gonna need a pay rise to buy all the shit on my shopping list :smile: I’ll need to impove my work ethic and negotiation skills.

1 Like

And there will always be 10 more to buy, it never ends! :smiling_imp:

Funny how the wife doesn’t understand.

Wife - "Look how many flavors you’ve got, do you really need more?"
Me - "It’s only another 5 more vanillas, They’re all different!"
Wife - "You’ve got a problem"
Me - "At least I’m not smoking"
Wife - “OK then”

I win again :wink:

3 Likes

Anyone got experience with eggnog, are they cinnamony? A bit of nutmeg would be nice but i’ve got enough apple cinnamon blends.

We all know that conversation. Wait until you have shelves full of flavorings and try that argument…

2 Likes

lmao has anyone not had to justify more flavours - it gets harder and harder

1 Like