Help with Swiss apple tart recipe

Sadly its part of what makes it fun…

2 Likes

They reckon - Sometimes it’s better to do the wrong thing and suffer the consequences rather than ask for permission and be told “NO”

Wait till the wife gets her Christmas present, the look on her face will be priceless when she sees all those concentrates. I’ll try to get a pic.

3 Likes

I cant even express how badly i want to see that video!

See, if i did that for my wife she would be so happy, id love to see the opposite.

1 Like

I absolutely love real marzipan. I could eat bear claws all day. I was curious because I have never used it. I have all the other flavors in the recipe and have used them together in many different variations trying to get a apple pie recipe I like. I was wondering if the marzipan mixed well with the other flavors because I might try using in the apple pie I am working on. I went a little overboard on the order I have on the way from Bull City. I did order marzipan for the apple pie and a butter pecan I am working. I gotta slow down on my flavor orders. Lol A few CAP Silverline, a couples of chocolates, a couple of butter pecans, and more. With everything I have coming I got at least 12 new SF tests to do and have a bunch already working.

1 Like

I’ve got a feeling that It will add to complexity but disappear in the mix at the same time. Much like the other almond that I have (FA) it seems like a pretty weak flavor that becomes a chemical, cyanide like flavor at high %'s. I’m hoping that the toasted almond and Acetyl Pyrazine will help it to have more of a presence. I’d be keen to know what you think of it once you have tested it.

1 Like

Will do. Two head are better than one.

Just posting an update on progress. I tried this recipe after 2 weeks steep and it was pretty ordinary. It had a strong presence of oatmeal biscuit flavor with lots of custard and apple. Tried at various dilutions and It was still pretty ordinary. It tasted like a custard oatmeal cookie.
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1917697/Swiss%20apple%20tart%20v1K

Dilutions didn’t do much to alter the profile to my liking so I took a different approach and a couple of trials later came up with this

Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA) 0.75%
Almond (FA) 1.50%
Biscuit (INAWERA) 0.50%
Creme Brulee (INAWERA) 2.5%
Double Apple (CAP) 4.00%
Fuji Apple (FA) 2.00%
Liquid Amber (FA) 0.75%
New York Cheesecake 0.75%
Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA) 1.5%

Total flavor 14.25%, max VG.

After resting for 3 days its really good and I’ve got high hopes that it will improve with time. It doesn’t taste unlike a Swiss Apple Tart.

Thanks everyone for helping

2 Likes

I am reporting back on trying the marzipan in a V3 Apple Pie I mixed. Unfortunately it did not play well and will sit in timeout for now. It took over the recipe a bit and didn’t mix well to start off with. Maybe after a long steep it will settle down, but I am not very optimistic. The V2 I mixed is a great baked apple flavor, but not very much crust. 2 week steep on the V2

1 Like

To me, Almond and AP make a nutty crusty kind of flavor.

AP in the next try for sure.

I remember in my early days of DIY that HIC one being one of my favourite recipes, especially the custard variation

1 Like