Honest conversation about pre-prepping and FDA Deeming Regs

I am very focused on cutting back my nic level and have a goal of 0.

I started at 6 in December after smoking a pack/day of menthol lights. I just started mixing at 4.5.

Also, I’ve been making a few 0 nic bottles to vape at night for about the past month. Surprisingly, after having the nic all day, I don’t get any cravings at night as long as I can vape something! So, while I am not ready for it yet, my goal is ultimately 0 Nic.

Where I am now, I use a very small amount and a 50 ml bottle of 100mg/ml nic lasts quite a while.

If I was in a position to start stocking some larger size bottles of nic to be safe, I would. But, I just can’t at the moment. But, with my progress and goal in mind, I also don’t want to stock a truckload. I am going to make sure that I do get a decent supply well before Nov. 2018.

As for PG and VG, they even sell them on Amazon for all kinds of uses. Not at the sizes and prices we are used to, but I still think they will be easy to get. They are too widely used in other things!

For people who are mixing at a much higher volume and nic levels than I am, I think @Leilani makes a very good point! Thank you for getting us focused on the possible reality to come!

4 Likes

I do it, and I haven’t had any problems! And I am still at 6 and 4.5 depending on the juice, I am dropping down some of them.

Many nights, I can’t even tell I am vaping 0 nic! I make my favorite flavors in smaller bottles, and for the past month it has been going great!

I love the option to have all of these different nic levels and use what I am feeling I need that day!

But I can’t say enough good about the 0 nicotine at night!

3 Likes

Okay. I will give it a go. Starting tomorrow. LOL. Gotta mentally prepare myself and probably do some push ups - psych myself up.

5 Likes

From what I read, the Aegis was designed by the same guy that designed the Heatvape Invader Mini. The Invader Mini looks a bit weird, and it’s heavy, but it’s built like a rubberized Army tank. One of the China vendors had them on a clearance markdown for $10.00 each, a while ago, and I grabbed 4, for the stock up stash. Single 18650 mods were my target mod for the stash, so for that price, I’m in.

If the Aegis is as tough as the Invader Mini (and it appears so) it will handle the rough stuff, easily. If you do get one, give us a review. Would be nice to hear about it’s hand feel, button use, and daily use.

6 Likes

I’ve collected and stored just about everything I need for the long haul… minus one piece of equipment:

This will be the crown jewel of my vaping collection! I’ll never need to worry about obtaining nicotine again… I can make my own! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

I will have to make a monthly trip to come see you lol I don’t think I can afford that piece of equipment any time soon lol

6 Likes

That baby is cool! I’m curious, if you extract from tobacco, does the end product have the tobacco goodness, of a NET, AND the nicotine? Or is the extraction process targeted specifically for one or the other?

Edit: You would have to change your name to Kinnikinnickotine😀

6 Likes

Dude that’s hilarious :laughing:

5 Likes

…for nicotine. Perhaps one more step would be required for those of us who are familiar with the process of “winterizing” a PGA (Ethanol) NET extraction to remove waxes and other plant matter from our extractions for purity.

FAQ section:

Q: What do I need to do to treat the extract afterwards?
A: In most cases nothing at all. Some secondary processing may be desired depending on the final product you desire. If you wish to remove any waxes, an ethanol winterization may be necessary.

Sticking the extract in the freezer for 24/48 to allow the precipitation of solids is a common/typical part of the process for DIY NET folks. :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve had a few batches in the freezer, myself! One of these days, I’m going to have to get the extraction gear back out and have another go at it. I’ve been holding off, simply because of the investment in my synthetic tobacco flavor stash. I’m sure I’ll be going NET in the future, though.

1. I think tobacco favors may disappear in the future, simply due to being ‘tobacco flavors’. It just makes sense that flavor companies are going to move away from everything tobacco related.
  2. My stash of flavors is eventually going to start to go south, due to age. Being that I only vape tobacco flavored juice, that leaves NET as my safety net. I have the equipment. I just need to refine my method a little, and let time do it’s thing, instead of trying to rush the process with blenders…lol.
4 Likes

I like this thread. It is a solid wake-up call to an issue that is very real.

As I have been reading this and other related threads several points have occurred to me that I will try to condense down to as few words as possible.

• First it is a rule of thumb that at a hobby level quantity of consumption a user of items that are, or may become, legally restricted is almost always better off buying a commercially made product and stock piling it. The reason is mostly economic but also there is a huge time and effort and skill component to making it yourself. The trade off is orders of magnitude of one path vrs the other. If you can buy known good high grade commercially produced product then that should be your first plan. Everything else is a poor ‘plan B’.

• Secondly, I can tell you from a life time of experience working under the ATF and DOT regulation system (explosive and high energy chemistry manufacturing), that Federal agencies can act very swiftly and almost without any warning. For us the drill went like this: The ATF reclassifies an item from a lesser category to a much higher one. Then the DOT takes the ‘new’ classification and imposes restrictions that make transportation and storage of that ‘class’ virtually impossible. Do not underestimate those agencies. They know what they are trying to accomplish and how to do it swiftly within their system. They can and will act, so think ahead, don’t get caught sleeping !

7 Likes

Find a hobby town, rc hobby store.

4 Likes

Truth! And the reversal of classifications and restrictions will be a sisyphean event. :rage:

4 Likes

Sure thing. I have it on my list. Like all newly released mods and atty’s, I wait for prices to drop and then pounce like a tiger.

4 Likes

Flashlight…
http://www.illumn.com/flashlights/nitecore-p30-xp-l-hi-1000-lumens-compact-long-range-light.html

http://www.illumn.com/flashlights/nitecore-p12gt-xp-l-hi-1000-lumens-pocket-thrower.html

http://www.illumn.com/flashlights/olight-r20-javelot-xp-l-900-lumens-rechargeable.html

4 Likes

That’s online, I’m looking for a store to drive to and buy them

3 Likes

Crazy thought, and something that I haven’t checked (or thought much about before you posted it), but if you have one nearby… Might check Cabella’s, Bass Pro, or even Fry’s electronics!

5 Likes

Good for you! I am glad you are trying!!

Try not to even think about it. You aren’t committing to anything. If you give it an honest try, and hate it, then you know. You can even have one mod with nic in it, and one without, and alternate them! You’d still be cutting down! Maybe try this first? You might not even notice that you start vaping the 0 more and more as your body starts to wind down for sleep.

The fact that it is so easy to do at night is why I am jumping from 6 to 4.5. I can still vape some 6 and some 4.5 and 0. I still have a ton of mixed juice at 6. And, I do a lot of in tank mixing that combines different levels of nic. So, I feel like now I am not ever really at one nicotine level every day. It’s always 6 or less. I honestly don’t pay much attention to it! I think not paying attention or even reading the labels has served me well!

4 Likes

I keep an eye on “desktop” manufacturing-Things like 3D printers/routers and laser engravers. The one thing that has me chomping at the bit is small form factor machining. They’re out there, but the price right now is still prohibitively expensive for most garage dwelling DIY’ers. They’ve already got desktop metal lathes for under $1000, so CADCAM units shouldn’t be too far behind(Hopefully!)

6 Likes

I live fairly close to a Cabelas! If the commercial shipping is affected, but non commercial isn’t, I could take orders and make a run there. I honestly hate going in there! I don’t want to start on big game hunting. I don’t oppose hunting overpopulations. But that stuffed elephant makes me so sad!! That’s how much I love you guys! I will risk seeing the sad elephant! Lol!

5 Likes