How can I fix nicotine diluted by bitter pg?

Guys, I’m new to DIYIng. I bought 999mg/ml nicotine (only one that I was able to get through customs where I live) and mixed it with bitter PG. Whatever mix I produce has a medicine taste. So I got another batch of nicotine and when I use it in recipes, works perfectly. Any recommendations on how to fix the nicotine I diluted with the bitter PG?

Thanks!

1 Like

I hope you understand how dangerous that nicotine is and that you use protective clothing and a respirator or something like that when you handle it since it is pure poison at that level.

If that nic now is bitter due to bad PG it is nothing you can do about it really more than destroy it and by that i dont mean flush it down the drain. Take it somewhere where they can handle it properly.

15 Likes

Thanks for the tip!
I have safety apparel for dealing with nicotine at that high concentration.
Thanks for the advice. I’ll probably just dispose it.

2 Likes

I never experienced bad or bitter pg before. Is there an expiration date on pg and vg?

No it doesn’t. I got it from a chemical manufacturer company. They usually sell USP MPG in drums for a minimum quantity. But they exceptionally sent me 5 liters. Thing is most companies like that don’t sell small quantities because if they open a drum, it gets contaminated. I guess they sent me leftovers from an open contaminated drum and that’s why it has a wierd taste. Maybe it got oxidized or something.

High strength nicotine, contaminated PG, new to DIY. I fear for your safety.

Where do you live? Maybe someone can direct you to a nicotine provider and a supply of PG that isn’t harmful.

7 Likes

Thanks for your safety concern!
I diluted the nicotine for safety and disposed the bitter (contaminated) PG.

I live in Dubai. It’s not easy to get DIY supplies in here. You have to buy everything from everywhere.

1 Like

I don’t know how difficult is is to get stuff in Dubai. It is quite possible that a pharmacy may carry PG. you might also find VG in the skin care section.

How hard is it to get flavors?

1 Like

I Finally managed to get good VG and PG. Didn’t find them at pharmacies but got them from home when I was on vacation. I got flavors from WizardLabs. So now all is set. Tried new batches of e-liquids and all is working perfectly. Only issue now is that nicotine mixed with bitter pg. Seems I’ll have to dispose it (wisely) since there’s nothing to do to make it taste well.

Thanks for your concerns TinMan.

2 Likes