How can you clean out strong flavors?

bleach…

So after quite a few tries with USC, detergent, a 24h alcohol bath i thought I’ll give it a 24h vinegar bath. But i chickened out after 6 hours and left it in a water bath over night. And bing fcking go the water melon is completely gone! I did not expect that to work so well. However, there is a slight vinegar smell left but it’s really bad and I’m sure it won’t survive the USC.
So thanks for all the suggestions, I’m almost disappointed i didn’t get to try them all.

3 Likes

I used to have a cart like this. I found if I threw a coil in a little jar of water after it was spent, I could get another 150% from the coil. It made new coils work better. I kept many in rotation. Glad you’re getting there and teaching us all something in the process!

1 Like

The vinegar smell was gone after a few minutes in the USC. All good again!

1 Like

Just discovered another way to remove strong flavors from the tank. Get some arm & hammer super washing soda.
Use about 2T this to maybe 1 pint hot water. Make sure it’s dissolved!
Rinse the tank parts in water to get most of the liquid off.
Drop parts in the solution for about 15min to 30 min
Rinse well under hot water and dry.
All traces of odor and flavor are gone!

6 Likes

I know this is an older post…are you still using this to clean strong odors?
I need something to clean ldpe bottles for diy ejuice, I’ve tried scent free dish soap, regular baking soda and vodka - some bottles still carry scent of previous mix.

2 Likes

Hello,

Vinegar turned out to be good for some flavours when alcohol and dish soap fails.

1 Like

With some bottles, you just have to throw them out. If you don’t want this to happen, use glass bottles and glass pipettes. Anything rubber or plastic can take a strong flavor and not ever release it.

I often leave bottles in soapy water for days, regularly stirring through them and it helps a lot but there are always some that I can’t recuperate unless it’s for a similar juice.
At about 15c a bottle, it’s not the end of the world financially, but I do try not to use too much disposable plastic. That’s why I always test with little glass bottles/pipettes.

O-rings can a pain in the ass to clean too so if you have a tank that you really value, get some extra for when they need replacing.

2 Likes

That plastic seems to absorb odors and won’t come out but will over time. I switched to PET 120ml bottles for my eliquid. I just rinse and shake these followed by another rinse and it’s good.

2 Likes