How do i open this? Help

It looks like these people make the bottle, I would give them a call. https://www.yankeecontainers.com/c/5-gallon-square-dispensing-container/

Oh, the good oleā€™ fs70 cap, lol " The cap options include a 70mm cap with a 3/4ā€³ center reducer. The reducer can be taken out and a 3/4ā€³ Flo Rite faucet can then be threaded into the center of the cap. "

5 Likes

I would not drill it because you will get small shavings in the VG.
If no one comes up with a cleaner solution, I would consider using a bottle pour stopper. You need to measure to make sure the ribs (see 4 variuous round tapered black disks):

will stopper/seal the existing inner hole diameter. Any liqueur store may carry a similar facsimile (Taper cork type) which may do the job.
To place the hole in the inner cap, I would cut multi star slits, with an X-acto blade and insert the pour stopper.
re: https://www.michaels.com/x-acto-number-11-classic-blades/10223581.html
The stopper has to wedge itā€™s self in tight so it does not fall out during the pour.

1 Like

I agree, you can pierce it with a punch or sharp nail and have less chance of contaminating the contents if you cannot open the cap.

2 Likes

The google fu is strong with you. Thank you i sent them an email. I was going to contact the company i got it from but it is a long weekend here (Canada) and will have to wait till 2mrw. I thought the clever bunch on here could be of assistance in the meantime.

2 Likes

$46 USD and change ummm thats like 60$ of my CAD dollars. Bloody hell :frowning:

1 Like

I got it at www.newdirectionsaromatics.com

2 Likes

Wow, astonishing price for this niche itemā€¦whatever the savings on ordering bulk VG would vanish on orderingā€¦unless you are going to be manufacturing e-liquid, I reckon.

1 Like

Iā€™d suggest a strap wrench or a set of channel lock pliers-you might want to wrap the cap in something so that the pliers donā€™t chew the cap all to hell when you muckle up on the pliers to loosen that cap. Iā€™m surprised that they didnā€™t include the screw-in tap with the bottle, or at least give the option to add one on for a reduced price.

2 Likes

Use this.

6 Likes

If i didnt have some VG left i may have already tried this :wink:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I would pick something like this up, and knock the molded plug out with a hammer and punch, it will stay in one piece and just stay in the bottom of the container, then thread that in and bobs your uncle your in business!

2 Likes

Well this is clever and more economical :wink: Thank you this is why i asked here

1 Like

Iā€™m a plumber, it may be 3/4" but thatā€™s pipe thread, and I would bet there is a shear line built into the edge of that plug on the cap!

1 Like

Have you tried lefty loosey?

2 Likes

Lol yeaa shes tighter than a nunsā€¦

2 Likes

:confounded: :cold_sweat: :cry:

Have you tried using a buttfor?